Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We Can Stop The Mexican Trucks From Coming

I just talked to Congressman Sali's office in Washington.

Okay, everyone, this is the scoop on the trucks coming up from Mexico. This resolution has already gone to Committee.

There is a Resolution drawn up by several House members to stop this thing. Names are Goode, Jones, Paul, and several others.

Resolution number is: H.CON.RES.40 and can be looked up in the Thomas Library.

At the moment there is no activity in the House on this Resolution and that's not good. If we don't get something going, this super highway is going to go through because without a nudge, the House may ignore this resolution. We need to get the House to start working on this Resolution.

What if we all take the time and read through the resolution, then figure out a plan of action. Remember Bush wants the trucks to start in July, so we have just a couple of weeks to get this thing nailed down.

I'd be interested in knowing all of your thoughts on what to do about this.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I believe they got a 3 year moritorium on that, the teamsters got it done and then they have to prove their trucks and drivers are up to the same standards as Amerians. But what it did is give them some time!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Sorry, I thought the same thing, too. Congressman Sali's office said they tried to slip this resolution in with the War Funding Bill. It was bounced out at the last minute.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Sorry, I thought the same thing, too. Congressman Sali's office said they tried to slip this resolution in with the War Funding Bill. It was bounced out at the last minute.
    Just can't trust them Tiny, got to watch them every minute!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

That's why I think we need to look into this and give the House a kick in the butt to get this resolution up on the floor. I haven't had time to read the resolution yet, but I will as soon as this immigration bill crises is over.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    That's why I think we need to look into this and give the House a kick in the butt to get this resolution up on the floor. I haven't had time to read the resolution yet, but I will as soon as this immigration bill crises is over.
    Tiny, the teamsters are on on this like hawks on a snake. go to the teamsters web site, if anything has happened they will post it, I check in there every once in while, but this is their lively hood so they are on top of it. They are the ones that got the moritorium on it.
    When it does come up we will all have to get in the fight like we did the last time though!

We'll be on it, that's for sure.

Duh
    I found it via this link http://thomas.loc.gov/
    In the "Search Bill" box, type in "H.CON.RES.40". I selected the "Bill Number" circle too.

HCON 40 IH

110th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. CON. RES. 40
    Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States should not engage in the construction of a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Superhighway System or enter into a North American Union with Mexico and Canada.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

January 22, 2007
    Mr. GOODE (for himself, Mr. WAMP, Mr. JONES of North Carolina, Mr. PAUL, Mr. STEARNS, Mr. DUNCAN, and Ms. FOXX) submitted the following concurrent resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, and in addition to the Committee on Foreign Affairs, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONCURRENT RESOLUTION
    Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States should not engage in the construction of a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Superhighway System or enter into a North American Union with Mexico and Canada.

Whereas the United States Departments of State, Commerce, and Homeland Security participated in the formation of the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) on March 23, 2005, representing a tri-lateral agreement between the United States, Canada, and Mexico designed, among other things, to facilitate common regulatory schemes between these countries;

Whereas reports issued by the SPP indicate that it has implemented regulatory changes among the three countries that circumvent United States trade, transportation, homeland security, and border security functions and that the SPP will continue to do so in the future;

Whereas the actions taken by the SPP to coordinate border security by eliminating obstacles to migration between Mexico and the United States actually makes the United States-Mexico border less secure because Mexico is the primary source country of illegal immigrants into the United States;

Whereas according to the Department of Commerce, United States trade deficits with Mexico and Canada have significantly increased since the implementation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA);

Whereas the economic and physical security of the United States is impaired by the potential loss of control of its borders attendant to the full operation of NAFTA and the SPP;

Whereas the regulatory and border security changes implemented and proposed by the SPP violate and threaten United States sovereignty;

Whereas a NAFTA Superhighway System from the west coast of Mexico through the United States and into Canada has been suggested as part of a North American Union to facilitate trade between the SPP countries;

Whereas the State of Texas has already begun planning of the Trans-Texas Corridor, a major multi-modal transportation project beginning at the United States-Mexico border, which would serve as an initial section of a NAFTA Superhighway System;

Whereas it could be particularly difficult for Americans to collect insurance from Mexican companies which employ Mexican drivers involved in accidents in the United States, which would likely increase the insurance rates for American drivers;

Whereas future unrestricted foreign trucking into the United States can pose a safety hazard due to inadequate maintenance and inspection, and can act collaterally as a conduit for the entry into the United States of illegal drugs, illegal human smuggling, and terrorist activities; and

Whereas a NAFTA Superhighway System would likely include funds from foreign consortiums and be controlled by foreign management, which threatens the sovereignty of the United States: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That--

(1) the United States should not engage in the construction of a North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Superhighway System;

(2) the United States should not allow the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) to implement further regulations that would create a North American Union with Mexico and Canada; and

(3) the President of the United States should indicate strong opposition to these acts or any other proposals that threaten the sovereignty of the United States.

Duh
    Duh

(3) the President of the United States should indicate strong opposition to these acts or any other proposals that threaten the sovereignty of the United States.
    And failing to do so is an act of treason.

IMPEACHMENT NOW!!

So is this the bill just hanging out in conference??
    We sure need this to pass!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast