Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We need your help today. ALIPAC Launches Fall Fundraiser!

Friends of ALIPAC,

We can no longer postpone our fall fundraiser and our efforts begin today. The fundraiser was originally planned for September, but we pushed it back as not to overlap the call for assistance for Katrina victims.

From our inception, ALIPAC has worked to keep our operations intact fueled by small donations from around the country. We have accomplished many things while keeping participation affordable. Now it is time for us to ask for your help again.

Please consider renewing your yearly support during this effort. Also, many of you have already made pledges that have not been sent in yet. Now would be the best time to do so!

ALIPAC needs to raise $10,000 before the end of October if we are going to stay in business and sustain operations into the beginning of the 2006 election cycle.

Our executive officers have put in over 1 year of work without any compensation. Our all volunteer effort during the first year was our way of showing you we care about the issue of illegal immigration above all else.

Our mailing costs, website costs, long distance costs, marketing costs, are now being joined by calls for assistance by candidates.

In a few days, you will receive a detailed report that will be published listing the accomplishments of ALIPAC. Together, we have reached out to millions of Americans and we have made quite an impact on lawmakers and legislation.

Please take a few moments to visit the link below to make a contribution via Paypal or Credit Card. We are not allowed to accept business checks, but you can also send in your contribution by personal check to the address below.

Many of you have been with us since the beginning and we hope that you are pleased with our efforts. Your contributions are urgently needed at this time to sustain ALIPAC and help us reach a new level of success.

We are also interested in any suggestions or feedback you have that will help us to improve our operations and serve you better.

Kind Regards,

William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    WilliamG@alipac.us

CONTRIBUTE NOW THROUGH OUR SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT SERVICE
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9

CONTRIBUTE BY MAIL

AMERICANS FOR LEGAL IMMIGRATION PAC
    Post Office Box 30966
    Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

William, as I have posted before, YOU must find a rich millionaire or group to fund you! Little donations help but look at what you are against?
    La raza, MALDEF, CARECEN, SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER, PEW CENTER etc etc. These liberal pro illegal groups have gotten funding form whom? Catherin and John McArthur Foundation? Rockefeller foundations? God only knows.

You know State Farm gave La Raza 8 million a few years back...to prevent a lawsuit probably.....

I wish I had money brother but I don't.....and it is all about the $$$ unfortunatelt in American politics and life!

Jack,

Small donations add up and the big money will be useless if the public does not come to the battle.

ALIPAC is having a great impact without millions.

We do need immediate donations from our base as soon as possible to meet the current demands on us.

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll send this week.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JackSmith
    William, as I have posted before, YOU must find a rich millionaire or group to fund you! Little donations help but look at what you are against?
    La raza, MALDEF, CARECEN, SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER, PEW CENTER etc etc. These liberal pro illegal groups have gotten funding form whom? Catherin and John McArthur Foundation? Rockefeller foundations? God only knows.

You know State Farm gave La Raza 8 million a few years back...to prevent a lawsuit probably.....

I wish I had money brother but I don't.....and it is all about the $$$ unfortunatelt in American politics and life!
    I don't think we will need to spend as much money as the Big Shots to make a difference... It takes more money to convince someone to believe in lies, especially as the problems become more visible... So, our smaller contributions can make a bigger difference.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

In 2005, a new website was created called www.Fundable.org .

The idea is to give groups of people an organized way to buy something together. This graphic summarizes the idea very nicely (click for full view):

This may be more suited for getting money to fund a small project that has a definite beginning and end... So, I'm not sure if it's relevant to PACs, but it's kind of a neat idea.

But they do list as an example some political activities:
    http://www.fundable.org/examples

Non-profit Organizations, Activists and Political Candidates
    Fire up your supporters by setting specific, all-or-nothing fundraising goals.

Supporters
    Contribute in greater amounts with confidence, knowing that your money will either take action or come back to you.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Here's another website similar to the "Fundable" website mentioned in the previous post... But instead of pooling money from people to fund something, this website collects pledges for some group activity... The website is called www.pledgebank.com.

For example, one of the currently active pledges is the following:
    http://www.pledgebank.com/ImpeachPresBush
    "I will march and/or demonstrate for 24 hours to impeach US President Bush but only if 10,000,000 US Citizens will too."
    -- Deadline to sign up by: 31st December 2005
    -- 16 people have signed up, 9999984 more needed

If 10 million people sign up before the deadline, then an email is sent to everyone telling them to start marching.

Also, it automatically creates flyers for your pledge, which you can see here:
    http://www.pledgebank.com/ImpeachPresBush/flyers

Here's a list of all the open pledges relating to the United States:
    http://us.pledgebank.com/list/open?sort=category

Here's another website similar to the "PledgeBank" mentioned in the previous post... But it's oriented solely towards organizing and facilitating "ballot initiatives.".. It's called www.CitizenDemocracy.net

Some states have "ballot initiatives", which allow for "direct democracy.".. Citizens gather signatures to get the initiative on the ballot... Then, the citizens can vote for this initiative on election day... If a majority votes for it, then it becomes law.

Unfortunately, North Carolina doesn't allow for ballot initiatives, but 25 states do... In the year 2004, Arizona's citizens managed to get "Prop 200" on the ballot... On election day, the majority voted for it and so it became law... Prop 200 prevents illegal immigrants from having the right to vote and receiving benefits from the state government of Arizona.

The purpose of www.CitizenDemocracy.net is to help organize and facility getting these "ballot initiatives" on the ballot.

Here's the description on the website:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to CitizenDemocracy.net!

Real democracy is when everyone gets to vote.

Representative democracy is when a small group, most of whom are typically men who are wealthier and whiter than average, carefully listens to the lobbyists bringing the largest campaign contributions and then decides what's best for the rest of us from their somewhat biased perspective.

When our legislative representatives get too far out of step with the voters, and we need to get something done, there is still, at least in about half the states in the U.S., the ballot initiative process (aka "propositions"). It takes tens, sometimes hundreds, of thousands of signatures to put an initiative on the ballot, depending on which state you live in. Gathering so many signatures takes more effort than most small campaign committees can field. We can change that.

What if 10,000 Oregonians or 50,000 Californians or 2,000 Alaskans or a large group in your state each agreed to gather about a dozen signatures from their friends, family, colleagues and neighbors? Could the task of gathering all the signatures needed to launch an initiative (or several as long as we're at it) be accomplished in a matter of days or weeks instead of months? Could the participation of so many volunteers help ensure that only truly popular measures, instead of merely well-financed measures, make it onto the ballot?

Let's find out!

CitizenDemocracy.net is an experiment in massively-parallel activism that facilitates the coordination of large numbers of signature-gathering volunteers using the internet.

Done! I had also signed up for automatic yearly donations so I guess that will happen a year after I joined??? Not much, but every little bit helps.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Thanks Bootsie,

Those automatic donations can help a great deal once we get enough of them in motion.

W