View Poll Results: Would you be in favor of seeing the illegals crossing the borders?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think this is a great project

20 86.96%
  • No, it violates a persons right to privacy

3 13.04%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Web Cams on the Borders!

Imagine sitting at your computer while at home surfing the internet...... :P

You do a Goggle search for " Illegal alien web cams" and then click on that link.... up comes a web site that is broadcasting 24 hours a day 7 days a week, 365 days a year the activity of what is happening along our southern and northern borders on private property, and it is in REAL TIME ! Wow you see a page where there are 2-4 screens of live video feed from an area in Arizona or California or Washington state where you see actual people crossing the border, and it is NOT a "REAL" border crossing station, it is just a bunch of people coming into the USA Illegally !! There is a phone number on the page for you to call to report this activity, the web cam has a location that you give to the person on the phone and you have just reported an illegal alien crossing! Feel good about helping our countries illegal alien problem now ? Yep, and so will thousands of people just like you from all over.

And don't forget that this is a "Unarmed" video camera---- just incase the ACLU asks....

Our (BECS) project will place Web Cams on any local private property along the border where the property owner requests.

Our objective of this project is to bring to the people the actual facts about any illegal border crossings. Our BECS system will run seven days a week, twenty fours a day three hundred sixty five days a year, and will be accessed from any point in the world via a internet web browser.

We have been working out the technical issues for some months now, and feel we have a good pilot program to get this underway at this time. With these web cams in place along our southern & northern borders people will be able to monitor the borders in a real time environment like you can monitor your local freeways on the freeway cam systems around the country.

Our plan is to have the pilot project team install a limited number to raise the level of public and private sector awareness in this area so that all may see what is going on, thus showing actual events as they unfold along our national borders.

NOTE: We are not involved with the social issues of illegal immigrants, our project is to provide accurate reporting information ONLY!

For additional information our contact is:

Treva Bennett, Director of Immigration & Borders, at e-mail: borders@hspig.org

For the technical sample of our pilot project please visit:

www.tshspig.org/tshspig-campage.htm
    Ken Dreger

I think this is a pretty cool idea.

Considering I spent several hours each evening for about a week straight one time looking at the Loch Ness web cams, I'd probably check this out.

Never did see the monster.

Very interesting Idea. If the entire American public could see the crossings that would be very powerful.

Let us know what we can do to help you get it off the ground and get the word out to the nation.

William Gheen
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Additional assistance

Please pass the word about the project, we are alos looking for private citizens and companies that can donate funds to make the project happen.
    We are working with a Cam company that does all the NASCAR races, and they are very flexiable with the pricing, and seem to be very competitive. If you know of someone who can make us a deal we cannot refuse chime in, we want to put up as many as we can for the least cost!

Mr. Dreger
    Ken Dreger

Mr. Dreger,

Please email me with your plan and proposal and a cost estimate. Id also like to know more about your background and experiences. I would like to discuss this further with you to see what we can work out. If the plan is solid and our contributors can depend on it then we can do a great deal to help.

Please write to me at WilliamG@alipac.us

Kind Regards,

William Gheen
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Its really a shame that the concerned citizens of this country are left with the duties of the federal government.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Its really a shame that the concerned citizens of this country are left with the duties of the federal government.

You are correct, but I am proud of those Americans that are working to protect our nation.

the Web Cam Idea is Great. I think that it would add millions of minutemen who can’t be there to patrol the border via web cam. It could also help the MM who are patrolling know where to look as well. Wouldn’t it be great for them to be able to further help the BP.?

The BP may have to quickly add more people to their ranks and fast or get the assistance of the military.

I would suggest a pole that cant be damaged very easily as well as putting the cam in a bullet proof box to prevent them from being damaged.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Response on Web Cam Project

I will get togather our project plan, and the numbers for you to look at and post them on our web site, we have a "Open" policy, if it is not on the Internet for all to see, it does not exist! That way there are NO issues..
    Give me a few days to get all the material togather from the sources, and we will let all of you know what is going on.

As far as the design of the cam pole, we are looking into a deflective barrier, or maybe a dome shape with a underneath deflector mounted on a HIGH pole. And another option can be a mobile mounted pole for portability to be used in special cases, or when it is needed to be installed in a hurry.

All positive thoughts are very welcome, we are NOT Engineers (or spellers) and look for any and all positive assistance.
    Ken Dreger

Ken,

There are a couple of issues to consider. 1. The illegals and the smugglers will damage your equipment or avoid it if they know where it is.

2. The American observers are used to quick changing images so the cameras will have to be placed in areas with frequent traffic.

3. What do do about nightvision? My understanding is that the vast majority of crossings happen at night. Night vision camera tech can get very expensive.

Will the cameras be able to zoom as well?

W

Response-2

Yes, we also have thought about the issues with the vandels, so, we are looking at a method of Memorializeing the data that is collected JUST IN CASE something happens. Also we do want night vision cams, you are correct in saying most of the crossings do occur at night, we would like these to point at one another to view an area that would cross between two cams, this way both cams could see what would be in the center if the line of sight.

Keep the thoughts coming...
    Ken Dreger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast