Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Webb On Lou Dobbs

Lou ask if the bill will get passage.
    Webb is optimistic.

we needs corporate accountabilty, Webb said

Lou says Sessions said the country doesn't trust the Senate, the House, there is no fiscal impact statement, no public hearings.

Webb said there is concern because bill didn't go through the committe process.

The number one concern that hasn't been debated is the American worker, Webb said

Lou said bill looks like a bad joke being played on the American people.

lou asked if Cloture vote will be passed

Webb said there will be a problem with the arrival date of illegals being set back four years.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Please keep us posted on what Lou is reporting and saying tonight.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mickey Kaus on Lou Dobbs says Senate is worried that the longer this bill is debated, the more people will find out what's in it.

He disagrees with adding a legal path to citizenship to an enforcement bill.

He said Bush doesn't understand that you have to establish order before anything else.

I'm trying, but I didn't get the first half of the show.

Will keep track of the remainder and report anything I think is important.

That's right and if they dont pass it tonight, the Senators will leave for home on FRIDAY!

That takes us to next week. That means this BILL IS DEAD because too many Americans and Senators will know what national poison S. 1348 is.

W

I caught the tail end of this part when I first switched channels:

Big business is boiling mad over this bill, according to Lou's report. Apparently they think the fines are too stiff on employees to get legal status, and the penalties too severe on employers and that they intend to fight that part of the bill.

So, now we know who's been jerking their chain on the other side of this issue. Big business is putting pressure on them.

I don't think this bill stands a chance. It's being pulled in two directions and will never survive that . . . we hope.

Re: Webb On Lou Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Webb is optimistic.

Lou says Sessions said the country doesn't trust the Senate, the House, there is no fiscal impact statement, no public hearings.

The number one concern that hasn't been debated is the American worker, Webb said

Webb said there will be a problem with the arrival date of illegals being set back four years.
    Actually, I think you have misinterpreted what was spoken. Webb spoke of his Amendment's passage, not the Bill itself.

Lou Dobbs was asking about Webb's Amendment. Dobbs wondered if Webb's Amendment would be put on the Floor. He asked Webb if there was ahy hope for it to get passage. (Dobbs approves of Webb's amendment, btw.)

Webb is wanting to minimize guest worker programs. Webb is also wanting to see that we take care of those illegal aliens who have been here and have established "roots".
    "The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry

Re: Webb On Lou Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by LynnS
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Webb is optimistic.

Actually, I think you have misinterpreted what was spoken. Webb spoke of his Amendment's passage, not the Bill itself.

Lou Dobbs was asking about Webb's Amendment. Dobbs wondered if Webb's Amendment would be put on the Floor. He asked Webb if there was ahy hope for it to get passage. (Dobbs approves of Webb's amendment, btw.)

Webb is wanting to minimize guest worker programs. Webb is also wanting to see that we take care of those illegal aliens who have been here and have established "roots".
    Established roots indeed, just like weed

Okay, glad you cleared that part up for me. At that moment I was switching channels back and forth.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast