Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

THIS WEEKS ESCONDIDO ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIME STORIES

Escondido man sentenced in deadly crash

By: North County Times wire services
    January 25, 2007

VISTA - An Escondido motorist who killed an elderly man while fleeing from another crash was sentenced today to four years in state prison.

Juan Espinoza Alvarado, 30, was driving a minivan about 11 a.m. Oct. 27 when he ran a red light at Escondido Boulevard and Grand Avenue, causing a three-vehicle collision.

Alvarado continued driving south on Escondido and accelerated into the intersection of Second Avenue, striking a car stopped in the fast lane in the opposite direction, according to a report prepared by the county Probation Department.

A passenger in that car, 81-year-old Inez Salazar of Escondido, died of his injuries about three hours later at a hospital.

His daughter-in-law, Florence Salazar, said the victim had been a "healthy, vibrant" person.

Alvarado was unhurt, and there were no serious injuries in the first collision.

The defendant pleaded guilty two months ago to gross vehicular manslaughter. Alcohol was not a factor in the collisions, authorities said.

Alvarado, who was sentenced by Judge Daniel Goldstein, is married with three children and has been in this country illegally for 10 years, according to the probation report.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... ogcomments

Comments On This Story

Note: Comments reflect the views of readers and not necessarily those of the North County Times or its staff.

THANK YOU wrote on January 25, 2007 11:53 AM:"ILLEGALLY in this country just making babies for us to support and raise. This makes me sick."

Greg in Oceanside wrote on January 25, 2007 12:07 PM:"Alvarado, an ILLEGAL ALIEN, is just another in a string of traffic-related incidents, whether it's hit-and-run, drunk driving, or vehicular manslaughter that can be attributed to ILLEGAL ALIENS who have zero regard for our laws and who don't take responsibility for their actions. After he completes his sentence, I hope he is subsequently DEPORTED."

OSide Resident wrote on January 25, 2007 12:35 PM:""...has been in this country illegally for 10 years..." So he's been breaking the law for 10 years, now kills an inocent legal american, destroys the lives of families involved in the numerous accidents... and only gets 4 years in prison. He'll be let out in 2 at most, and will not be deported. He'll be back on the street breaking the laws again. Thanks to the Illegal Supports. The day where the citizens start taking actions into their own hands is coming soon."

Scott wrote on January 25, 2007 12:56 PM:"Why am I not suprised by the weak sentence? I wonder what sentence I'd get if I were an illegal living in Mexico and pulled this crap."

Thank you Supporters wrote on January 25, 2007 12:59 PM:"He was here illegally and now that he is in prison we will support his family. What a great country we live in. I wonder is he had a license or insurance? Of course not we pay for that too! I am tired of this!"

Too many deaths wrote on January 25, 2007 1:22 PM:"Another American killed by an illegal alien. This is happening way too often. Remember Amy Kortlang? How many Americans are killed each year by illegals? It's probably a bigger number than we think, and one that would embarass George Bush. Bush's solution? Make 'em legal!"

Tired of Illegals wrote on January 25, 2007 1:52 PM:"Another one of mexico's finest citizens milking the taxpayers with his anchor babies and crime wave! When are we going to grab our collective cajones and get rid of the illegal scum which are invading us?"

Skip wrote on January 25, 2007 2:07 PM:"It has been a busy week for illegal alien Traffic accidents, car chases, hit-and-runs, and driver's license/sobriety checkpoints in Escondido this week. Oh and I suppose car thefts too. I wonder if car insurance is at a higher rate if you live in Escondido? And who ever said Illegal Aliens just come her to pick lettuce and support their families?"

Concerned wrote on January 25, 2007 2:18 PM:"I used to link all of the Escondido Illegal Alien crime stories individually to an Anti-Illegal Immigration group. I give up! There are just too many now, so I just dump all of the url's and put them in a folder called "THIS WEEKS ESCONDIDO ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIME STORIES". Now I just let the readers sift through the stories and they can pick out what they want to read."

Oceanside Resident wrote on January 25, 2007 2:49 PM:"I hear what everyone is saying but not all inmigrants are here illegal! I been in Oceanside all my life born and raised. My parents came from Mexico and they have worked very hard to have all that they have. Both of my parents got there papers as soon as they got here to America and NOT once has anyone in my family milked the system or any other bull... that everyone mentions. You are all saying that the citizens need to take matters into there own hands, Great lets do it. But I can assure you that I do know personally 3 illegal residents in Oceanside who are NOT from Mexico but from Germany and India. Lets start even across the board with ALL the illegasl wether they are brown, black or white. "

Paul wrote on January 25, 2007 2:55 PM:"I would forward to the White House, but that is useless. You can't even address email to the President anymore!"

Concerned wrote on January 25, 2007 3:00 PM:"To Concerned. I've been using the on-line blog name "concerned" since May of 06. You could use a derivitive, which would differentiate our posts. Thanks, the real "Concerned.""

Concerned wrote on January 25, 2007 3:05 PM:"(The real Concerned) This is a story that happens everyday. You should have read the story that happened yesterday in Murrita. It was in The Californian. An overloaded truck was pulled over. Driver was illegal, and wanted as a molester. They took him to jail and called the trucking company that owned the truck. Later in the day, the same truck was in a wreck. The driver, another illegal, took off. Anyway, it just goes on and on. They make the roads unsafe because they don't know, nor obey, our laws. And this guy, married with three anchor babies. Guess who paid for them? Jeeze!!!!!"

Oceanside Resident is Right! wrote on January 25, 2007 3:15 PM:"We need to deport ALL illegals, regardless of where they are from. Too bad 99% of them are from mexico, giving the honest immigrants a bad rap! BTW - if you know about these other illegals, why have you not snitched them off to ICE? You are just as big a crook as they are by not reporting them!"

Nancy wrote on January 25, 2007 3:28 PM:"So what's going to happen to this guy? Is he just going to get a slap on the wrist and sent back to Mexico so he can return like the guy that hit me 12 years ago after zig zaging through stopped traffic, hitting me broadside, bouncing off of me and hitting me again and totaling my new car. Fortunatly I had no life threatening injuries. In this case someone is dead now. Does this illegal not get the kind of punishment that a US citizen would get? It's absurd if he doesn't!!"

Ed wrote on January 25, 2007 3:34 PM:"The family of the victim needs to file a wrongful death lawsuit against President Bush, the Federal Government, the Department of Homeland Security, and the senior management of the local Border Patrol and Immigration and Custom Enforcement agencies. The basis for the law suit being that if this illegal alien had been apprehended and deported and kept out of the country sometime during the last ten years, that their loved one would never have been killed. If our borders were secure and illegal aliens kept to a minimum, the country would be more able to spend it's resources fighting the crime commited by it the thugs who are allowed to be here."

To Nancy wrote on January 25, 2007 4:35 PM:"Undoubtedly, this guy will be released before his 4 year sentence is up. Some MALDEF attorney will probably argue against separating him from his American-born children, for sake of family unification, so he won't be deported. Under Bush's comprehensive immigration reform, he will demonstrate that he was working and living in the U.S. long enough to qualify for amnesty. He will then become a legal resident, entitled to vote, and entitled to a bunch of goodies you pay for with your taxes."

Eyes Opening wrote on January 25, 2007 5:14 PM:"I have lost my sympathy with the illegal immigrnts who abuse the country they supposedly want to be part of. Too many want to milk the system for welfare money, break our laws, hit and run, let their children run wild as gang bangers; I have had it. I welcome legal immigrants and even want to reform our immigration policy, but I want the reform to start with getting rid of all the illegals currently here--along with their citizen babies! when they are 18 and self supporting then let them back. "

Todd wrote on January 25, 2007 5:24 PM:"Come on ACLU..say something!!GET THE ILLEGALS OUT OF HERE!!!Come on people deduct 25% from your state & federal taxes until they clean it up.One for all,all for one!"

Skip wrote on January 25, 2007 5:38 PM:"What I do not understand is that Califronia released a big poll today that said Californians did not mind higher taxes for universal health care , even if it included illegal Aliens."

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

I cannot keep up anymore. There are just too many Illegal Alien Crime stories in Escondido theese days.

Suspect chased, threatens Escondido teens

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... _23_07.txt

Gov. opens assistance center in Escondido

Youths arrested after Escondido pursuit

Missing person's body found in Mexico

Escondido video store robbed

Escondido increasing graffiti removal, prosecutions

Stolen car chased, driver crashes

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... _22_07.txt

Five arrested on suspicion of attempted murder

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... 903563.txt

The NCT is about the only media outlet that dares report on the crimes committed by illegal aliens here in San Diego County. And the NCT really only reports on crimes that occur in the North County. The rest of the county gets no real reporting on the massive crime wave happening at the hands of illegals.

Most every TV newscast refuses to report on crimes committed by illegals or just leaves out the fact the perpatrator is here illegally. Cop killers, DUI killers, Hit & Run killers, rapists, child molesters, car thieves, carjackers, store robbers, bank robbers, drug cartel members, home invasion robbers, burgalars, identity thieves, the list is endless, but to listen to the local mainstream media, you would never know there were any illegal aliens here at all.

The only time you get a real in-depth news story about an illegal alien is when they get injured trying to break into the country and need to be rescued or get medical treatment. Illegal alien smuggling load vans crash head-on into innocent drivers, killing and maiming, and the local news reports it as a simple wrong way driver story.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

To Reptile09,

I hope you don't mind as you comments sounded so good.

R/ Skip

Comments On This Story
    reptile09 wrote on January 25, 2007 6:23 PM:"The NCT is about the only media outlet that dares report on the crimes committed by illegal aliens here in San Diego County. And the NCT really only reports on crimes that occur in the North County. The rest of the county gets no real reporting on the massive crime wave happening at the hands of illegals. Most every TV newscast refuses to report on crimes committed by illegals or just leaves out the fact the perpatrator is here illegally. Cop killers, DUI killers, Hit & Run killers, rapists, child molesters, car thieves, carjackers, store robbers, bank robbers, drug cartel members, home invasion robbers, burgalars, identity thieves, the list is endless, but to listen to the local mainstream media, you would never know there were any illegal aliens here at all. The only time you get a real in-depth news story about an illegal alien is when they get injured trying to break into the country and need to be rescued or get medical treatment. Illegal alien smuggling load vans crash head-on into innocent drivers, killing and maiming, and the local news reports it as a simple wrong way driver story. "

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... 167552.txt

Escondido man (Illegal Alien) gets four years in fatal crash

By: North County Times wire services

VISTA ---- An Escondido motorist who killed an elderly man while fleeing from another crash was sentenced Thursday to four years in state prison.

Juan Espinoza Alvarado, 30, who a probation report said has been in the country illegally for 10 years, pleaded guilty two months ago to gross vehicular manslaughter in connection with the Oct. 27 crash that killed Inez Salazar, 81, of Escondido.

Salazar was a passenger in a car stopped in the fast lane on Escondido Boulevard at Second Avenue when Alvarado accelerated into the intersection and struck the car, a county Probation Department report stated.

That crash occurred after Alvarado caused a three-vehicle collision while driving south on Escondido Boulevard and running a red light at Grand Avenue.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... _25_07.txt

Lay off the illegals already wrote on January 25, 2007 6:24 PM:""...married with three anchor babies. Guess who paid for them?" *I* did. *You* are paying to kill Iraqis. Make love not war (and for good catholics, that means babies.)"

WHAT wrote on January 25, 2007 7:43 PM:"I sent in my opinion but it was not posted. Mexicans should be given more at least here this was their land. Whats next we call Indians illegal!"

Being Real wrote on January 25, 2007 7:58 PM:"(Come on guys!) Us mexicans are already running this country! Our people pick all that fruit and vegatables so these people in this country can have it on their table. Without us they all starve to death! Want to get rid of illegals they forget that their ancestors were too. They think they have the right to talk smack all the time now that they ancestors established themselves here after stealing land from native americans.. bunch of winers. Illegal immigration will be here forever, plus this country needs them to do the low paying jobs u white people won't do!"

John wrote on January 25, 2007 8:42 PM:"We have a GREAT Justice SYSTEM here is all that i can say, Figure it out, instead of going after real criminals that break the laws the justice system hounds people like the homeless. GET A CLUE."

Freddy wrote on January 25, 2007 10:14 PM:"a quote from the article;"The defendant pleaded guilty two months ago to gross vehicular manslaughter." Why was not something done two months ago. Why was he not deported then. Or did he return here again illegally. Hey, we need a consistent firm enforcement of the laws. Wake up! Wake up! Maybe some indictments of the government agencies are in order here!"

mimi wrote on January 25, 2007 11:52 PM:"Freddy, Thanks! I think you said it all."

mimi wrote on January 25, 2007 11:59 PM:"please stop all the racisim. It could be an irish, indian, spanish, african All American. Don't throw racisim into it.Remember ELLIS ISLAND."

Adam wrote on January 26, 2007 4:43 AM:"Of the 30,000 Illegal Aliens living in apartments and house in Escondido, How many of them work in the fields picking lettuce? How many have kids in public schools? How many ignore the laws and drive without license, registration, and insurance? How many hit-and-runs? How much extra graffiti? How much gang influence do they exert? How many of these people really do pick all that fruit and vegetables? Cheap labor is the most expensive labor. The taxpayer is paying for this, but at least a head of lettuce is cheap. Oh and there is an endless line of millions of poor impoverished people flowing into this country, just because they want a better life? How much better can life be as a dishwasher in America?"

To Lay off the Illegals wrote on January 26, 2007 6:00 AM:"Sweetie why show your ignorance in print. "Good Catholics means babies" Why doesn't Good Catholics mean obey laws, marriage first, babies second. Check out any high school. Are you telling me every teen (and pre-teen) pregnant unmarried hispanic female is just being a "good Catholic"? I pity you for having to live with just stupidity."

4 years for someone's life? wrote on January 26, 2007 6:38 AM:"THAT is a crime. He should be deported and take his kids and wife with him!"

To: Being Real wrote on January 26, 2007 6:38 AM:"RE: Us Mexicans are already running this country! Our people pick all that fruit and vegetables >>> Question? How many Illegal Aliens living in Escondido are picking fruit and vegetables? Running the Country? Don't you think that is a bit of an exaggeration? If the Mexicans are so good at running a country, then why is Mexico such an utter failure at taking care of their people? Surely you jest."

To "Lay off" wrote on January 26, 2007 6:46 AM:""good catholics" is an oxymoron when it comes to their views on sex, children and marriage. e.g. unwed mothers, unprotected sex, HIV transmission and sexual abuse of children not a record to stand on. "

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/01 ... ogcomments

Escondido is 30 miles north of me. I would never drive through there alone at night. But it used to be a lovely, rural area of San Diego County. The San Diego Wild Animal Park is just east of there, historic restaurants abound, etc. etc. But it's just not safe there anymore. Sigh...
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

I am sure that Mr. Alvarado just wanted a better life for him and his family. It was just an accident, and Mr. Alvarado did what any other person who would do if he is in this country Illegally: he fled the scene of an accident. Mr. Alvarado knew that if he had stuck around to exchange insurance information, or to help with any injured people that he would be discovered and possibly deported. Mr. Alvarado now has a family with 3 children (Anchor babies?) and he could not let this accident jeopardize their well-being. So you see, that when Mr. Alvarado then had the second accident it really was not his fault. The fact that innocent people were killed should not be held against him, as there were no drugs or alcohol involved. Mr. Alvarado like millions of other Illegal Aliens in this country just want a better life for their families. They cannot bother with American Laws and Customs, as they just get in their way. Mr. Alvarado will now spend the next 4 years in jail, and his American born children will get plenty of welfare and subsidies from the California Taxpayers. If Mr. Alvarado is lucky he will be let out of prison early due to overcrowding because 1/3 or more of California prisoners are Illegal Aliens. So you all see it was not Mr. Alvarado's fault. Don't be so harsh on this family man. Oh and I am sure that after Mr. Alvarado is let out of prison, and deported, he can be back in this country in a week or so, and have a new identity and start all over again.

R/ Skip