Welcome To The Thunderdome

October 1, 2013 by Ben Crystal

UPI

Last weekend, the Democratic Party pointed a loaded gun at the heads of the American people rather than discussing alternatives to shackling America with Obamacare. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Jack Abramoff’s back pocket) took a break from the daily drudgery of making millions of dollars off corrupt land deals, shady gambling lobbyists and bid-rigging to turn both barrels on his Congressional adversaries. It seems the creepy curmudgeon from the Silver State has gotten his weave askew over the House’s continued refusal to simply accept the fraud-riddled and enormously unpopular Obamacare. According to the doddering corruptocrat Reid, those who rise against imposing Obamacare on an unwilling America — especially members of the Tea Party — are “anarchists.”
Now, I have no doubt that there are some people out there who honestly believe the world would be a better place without any government at all. And I’m not talking about the “black bloc” and other so-called “Occupy” wannabes who think it’s cool to wrap their faces in the table linens, avoid personal hygiene and throw bricks through the Dunkin’ Donuts window while their equally malodorous girlfriends video the whole thing with their iPhones. An actual anarchist believes in the complete termination — generally by violent means — of allgovernment. That sounds like either a sequel to one of the “Mad Max” movies or maybe the doctrine of the sociology department at Berkeley.
That does not sound like the 17 Democrats who joined House Republicans in voting to add the so-called individual mandate to the list of delays and exemptions that Reid and the Democrats have already granted most of their cronies and all of themselves. As an example, consider Representative John Barrow (D-Ga.). I’ve met Barrow more than once. He is a squirrely little twerp who may well be the most perfect example of a white-bread, pencil-necked ambulance chaser living in the wild. For a guy like Barrow, ordering unsweetened tea at the country club is about as rebellious as he’s likely to be. If Barrow is an anarchist, then Reid is Tina Turner.
And I have yet to hear of anyone in the medical device field — especially the potential recipients of such devices — call for the violent abolishment of all government, simply because Reid doesn’t want to eliminate the outrageous medical device tax that President Barack Obama and his accomplices quietly tacked on to the already corpulent bill. For that matter, I have a hard time believing that the majority of Americans are plotting to violently overthrow the government and usher in a new era of America as organized and functional as Detroit (aka “Bartertown”). Nearly 60 percent of Americans oppose Obamacare. That’s 175 million anarchists. Sure, Harry.
And the idea that the Republicans hope for anarchy is just plain silly. Imagine Speaker of the House John Boehner. Now, imagine Boehner squaring up with the “Master-Blaster” in the Thunderdome. The image is as fantastic as Nancy Pelosi competing in the Miss America pageant.
Obama, Reid and their cohort of accomplices have raised the Democratic art of replacing debate and even partisan discord with rancor and rage. Indeed, I can’t recall the last time a liberal defended Obamacare with anything else. However, they’re now proudly threatening the safety and security of seniors, soldiers and sick people just to preserve a bureaucratic abomination about which their employers — that’s you — are nearly as excited as fans of the Jacksonville Jaguars are about the team’s Super Bowl chances.
More to the point: Reid, speaking on behalf of the entire Democratic Party, says that you are an “anarchist” for wanting nothing to do with a governmental intrusion into your life from which he has gladly exempted himself. All right, Mad Max; you don’t support Obamacare? You can take Boehner’s turn in the Thunderdome. Just remember: Under Obamacare, two men enter; no one leaves.

–Ben Crystal

Filed Under: Conservative Politics, Hot Topics, Outside the Asylum

http://personalliberty.com/2013/10/0...e-thunderdome/