Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well the US is worried about one Border but not the one

THAT CAUSES ALL THE PROBLEMS! This is crazy.

New Rule at the Canadian Border:
    Two IDs, Please

. . .Beginning today, people wishing to enter the United States from Canada will no longer be allowed to do so simply by declaring that they are American or Canadian citizens and then showing a driver’s license to back it up. Though passports and visas will still not be required for such travelers, under a new regulation, people who don’t have their passports with them will now have to show a second piece of government-issued ID — like a birth certificate or naturalization certificate — to prove their citizenship. Birth certificates will be needed for children without passports, too.

The change has been in the works for months, in large part because of questions about border safety and lax immigration policies in the wake of the terror attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. But there are widespread concerns that the new identification requirements have not been publicized enough, and may simply confuse Americans expecting to cross the border as they have always done. . .

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/0 ... ex.html?hp
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Please make your comments known on this...New York Times is a big Voice. Let us use it.

January 31st,
    3:21 pm
    As a Canadian who lives in Ontario about 30 minutes from the border I think the new rules don’t go far enough.

We have far too much drugs, illegal firearms, gangs, and even mexican illegals making their way into our communities from the American side of the border. We need even tougher measures to keep our country safe until America can one day get a handle on these issues.

As far as terrorism is concerned the USA and Canada need to work together to address the issue as people enter North America - a common defence perimeter will be the only way to deal with that issue - at EVERY North American Airport and Seaport. That and a big wall on the Mexican Border.
    — Posted by Chris

Wrong border!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!