Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    I tried to send them a nasty email thru their site, it wouldn't go. Don't know if it's a compatiibility thing with their site and a Mac computer, but I did find this contact for them.

I did fire off a nasty email to the man listed!

Bob Naerebout
    Executive Director
    Idaho Dairymen's Association
    bob@wdbs.us

208-736-1953
    Fax 208-735-5955
    1182 Eastland Drive North Suite A
    Twin Falls, ID 83301
    Maybe we should all tell him that there will be a mass letter writing and phone call campaign demanding that the government prosecute him under the RICO laws.

tinybob,

could you please get me a listing of the three biggest papers in Idaho? I am thinking it is time for a little editorial writing.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How about Judicail Watch????
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    GOOD idea!

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    GOOD idea!
    Do we have a volunteer to bring this to their attention? It is only a good idea if one or more of us act on it.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cayla, we only have 2 for north Idaho and 1 for southern Idaho.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/

http://www.cdapress.com/

http://www.idahostatesman.com/
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SOSADFORUS and I are also going to hammer the newspapers this week.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just talked to one of my Senators and sent him this info. He's not happy.

I was trying to find out who the members were for a new group called the Idaho Business Coalition for Immigration Reform and it lead me right to the Idaho Dairymen's Association.

February 21, 2008 12:17 AM MST

Magic Valley dairies working on immigration reform
    By Jared S. Hopkins
    Times-News writer
    BOISE - Presidential candidates aren't the only ones with immigration on the mind.

The Idaho Dairymen's Association says it's forming a business coalition to address illegal immigration. Officials said the coalition will educate people and push for stable immigration policy on the national level.

"Immigration reform is important to the economy of Idaho and the United States," said IDA Executive Director Bob Naerebout. "Our goal is to protect the borders but also to promote responsible immigration reform."

There are an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the United States. A 2006 study by the non-partisan Pew Hispanic Center found there were between 20,000 and 35,000 illegal immigrants in Idaho.

In December, the organization hired immigration attorney Raul Labrador, a state legislator from Eagle, for advising. Labrador, who has done immigration law for more than a decade, has met twice with the IDA. He was paid but is not on a retainer, said Naerebout.

"He's a very good immigration attorney and it's his specialty," said Naerebout. "So we hired him."

Both the IDA and Labrador say there is no conflict of interest for two reasons. Immigration is a federal, not state, issue, and he's decided to recuse himself from any dairy-sponsored legislation. Labrador said he also received an opinion from the state's attorney general's office.

"The coalition is trying to help our Congressional delegation and develop a system that works," he said. "It's important to every industry in our country."

Labrador said he's had clients in the Magic Valley, which has more dairies than any other region in the state. In November 2007, more than 100 illegal immigrants in the Twin Falls area were arrested by U.S. Border Patrol agents investigating human smuggling on commercial bud lines.

The IDA efforts are in "developmental stages," Naerebout said. He added that Labrador, who came recommended by several dairy owners, was hired to inform the organization and that its members understand the regulations and issues related to immigration reform.

Labrador referenced unsuccessful federal legislation that would have expanded a guest worker program - currently for seasonal workers or sheep workers, he said - to workers at dairies, which operate year-round.

Still, it remains unclear how any policy change at the federal level, regardless of the IDA's involvement, could impact workers in Idaho and the Magic Valley because there isn't information tracking illegal immigrants, said Idaho Department of Labor Spokesman Bob Fick.

"That's the problem with the entire debate of immigration from the standpoint of labor," he said. "There's no statistical information about what exactly the circumstance is."

Jared S. Hopkins may be reached at 420-8371 or jhopkins@magicvalley.com.

http://www.magicvalley.com/articles/200 ... 131257.txt

In December, the organization hired immigration attorney Raul Labrador, a state legislator from Eagle, for advising. Labrador, who has done immigration law for more than a decade, has met twice with the IDA. He was paid but is not on a retainer, said Naerebout.
    I just asked my Senator if this is a conflict of interest and he said he thought it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I just talked to one of my Senators and sent him this info. He's not happy.
    Did you tell him about the newly elected rep?

[quote]
    Ag News

Congressman-elect Minnick Hears ag concerns, ideas

By Patti Murphy
    Friday, January 2, 2009 4:46 PM CST

The week before Christmas, representatives from Idaho’s commodity groups were invited to spend an afternoon with Congressman-elect Walt Minnick discussing a wide range of issues and concerns that affect Idaho’s agricultural industries.

The 32 businessmen and women who packed the small conference room at the Idaho Wheat Commission Building were met by an interested and engaged Minnick who, from time to time, reminded the group to please just call him Walt.

Brent Olmstead, executive director of the Milk Producers of Idaho, organized the meeting and said that “he and others were very pleased with how it went.

“We are very encouraged that Congressman Minnick requested to meet with the agricultural group first, and that he chose the House Agricultural committee as his first committee choice,â€

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast