Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wells Fargo Bank

A couple of years ago I went into a Wells-Fargo Bank in N. CA to help a friend with some banking problems she was having. I noticed (it was hard NOT to notice since they were speaking so loudly) that the bank had a specific employee for dealing with Spanish-speaking customers - customers who were (I believe) setting up new accounts and perhaps taking out loans. Now, I don't speak Spanish, so I am not totally sure they were getting loans, but they seemed to be quite happy when they left the bank.

Question: Does anyone know for sure if Wells-Fargo Bank makes loans to illegals?
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

Welcome,

I have read Wells Fargo gives home loans to illegals. I wrote HUD about it...they copped out by saying I had to contact Wells Fargo...
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Hi KickEmOut.

We've covered Wells Fargo a few times here. Just go to search, type in Wells and Fargo for links.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks had_enuf, took your advice and did the search, noticed two stories. I'll try to remember to search before starting a new topic.

Wells Fargo is our mortgage lender. Right now we are in a lawsuit with our contractor and are stuck with them until this whole thing is settled. We have no idea when we will be going to court since there are so many lawsuits against contactors down here after Charley. Wells Fargo has raised our payments unbelievably in the past two months, now I know why, they need more money for the illegals they are giving loans to. Until we go to court we are stuck with them.

swtncgram
    Ah, so we meet on another group! ;-)
    The last time I was in Florida, most everyone spoke American. That just shows you how long it's been since I've been there.
    Anyhow, wasn't aware that Wells Fargo was out there, too. Bummer!

Read this:
    http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... _mz001.htm

Wells Fargo isn't the only bank that allows illegals to use services. What's frustrating is that many places accept matricular consular cards and ITINs...both of which illegals often have. I know that sometime last year Wisconsin passed a measure that allows illegals to get a home mortgage by using an ITIN in place of a SSN.

iamblueman4
    After reading that magazine article, maybe we should finish what Zachary Taylor started ... Mexico -- the 51st state?

An employee told me that Wells Fargo may stop opening accounts for people with only Mexican matricula cards. There's no official decision yet. Bank of America and Citibank also currently open accounts and get loans using this type of "document." This is currently legal by the US government. What we need to do as a concerned group of Americans is to pressure the banks and the federal government to allow only permanent residents and citizens to open accounts.

I don't think it is legal to make loans to illegals yet. What did change is that the Congress bent us over for the banking industry so they could legally accept itin's or matriculas as evidence of identity. From there the banking industry just extrapolated to use them as an excuse not to verify a persons immigration status.
    There has been no change in the law regarding illegal aliens getting financial assistance or any other that I'm aware of.
    Now if you can prove that wells Fargo Bank has knowingly given financial support in the way of loans or other aid to illegal aliens, then we might have a basis to sue them and get injunctions.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast