Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We're losing this battle?

Huckabee for Iowa? McCain for New Hampshire? Hunter barely got enough votes! It seems like these open borders candidates are getting all the attention, not to mention Hillary and Obama's wins. This is very bad for us guys, very bad.

I have to agree,it dosnt look good.If one of these are the nominee I will turn in my Republican card and look else where.We cant give up the fight.We must prevail.

Re: We're losing this battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Potts
    Huckabee for Iowa? McCain for New Hampshire? Hunter barely got enough votes! It seems like these open borders candidates are getting all the attention, not to mention Hillary and Obama's wins. This is very bad for us guys, very bad.
    Are you honestly surprised by the words in bold
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

A few words we ALL MUST understand as this Election trudges along:

Corporate Backing...Big MONEY Support...Media Manipulation.

A Presidential Candidate could have the Personality of a Duck...But if he has the Above, he/she will Win.
    A Govt. OF,FOR & BY The People has been Re-Defined.
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

A little something I emailed the GOP this morning:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-98224-100.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    It does seem like McCain came out of nowhere. And, it is discouraging that the present top two candidates are pro-illegal. But, let's not forget...last June we had a president who was determined to get the amnesty bill passed at any cost. Even with a democratic majority in the senate, we defeated that bill TWICE. And, we also killed the DREAM act. It would make things easier if we had an anti-illegal president, but it isn't a deal breaker, as far as I know. We'll keep fighting no matter who ends up in the White house.

It reminds me of that great Robert Redford movie, The Candidate. I highly recommend it. 'They' hand pick somebody, groom him, mold him... at the end of the movie when Redford wins he says, "What do we do now??"

Analysis

The film highlights many criticisms of modern day American politics, such as the importance of money and the emphasis on the image of political candidates. In particular, the degeneration of McKay from an idealistic public-interest lawyer working for unpopular and then-little-known causes (the young environmentalist movement, civil rights for Latinos, integration through busing) and strong opinions on all issues into a construct of his campaign, dominated by idiotic little slogans (most notably "Bill McKay: the better way") and a road-weary nervous wreck, to boot.

The debate happens, and the two candidates trade barbs, with McKay the slight winner overall. Just as the debate is ending, McKay has a pang of conscience and blurts out that the debate didn’t address any real subjects, such as poverty and race. Lucas and his staffers are furious, knowing this outburst will hurt the campaign. The media go to confront McKay backstage about his remarks but arrive just as John J. McKay appears and vigorously congratulates his son on the debate, apparently having been very impressed with the honesty McKay showed at the end (but probably, as a seasoned pol, actually pulling the stunt to deflect from his son's political gaffe). Instead of the media reporting on McKay’s outburst, the story becomes the reemergence of former Gov. McKay to help his son. The positive story, coupled with McKay’s father’s help on the campaign trail, puts things neck and neck with Jarmon.

Election day arrives and volunteers canvass to get out the vote. McKay, meanwhile, has strayed so far from his original values that he’s in a hotel room having an affair with a staffer. The votes are counted and McKay wins. In one of the movie’s more famous scenes, McKay escapes the victory party and pulls Lucas into a room while throngs of journalists clamor outside. McKay then asks Lucas: “Marvin ... What do we do now?â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The thing that matters is still the total number of delegates not who comes in first in each state. The person who is in front right now is still Romney.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am really concerned now as hispanic groups pushed legal hispanics to get citiizenship and now there is a massive backlog. The government is now looking at rehiring retired immigration staff to deal with the back log. Meanwhile there is also a back log in green cards for citizens sponsoring relatives and these people leaglly waiting are also waiting for work permits. Those permits are back logged as well which is causing many people financial hardships. Yet the government won't help them.

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    Corporate Backing...Big MONEY Support...Media Manipulation.
    Also the fact that their are many stupid voters who just don't look into the candidates scorecard on illegal immigration.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast