Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Then he will be voted out of office, just like the rest of the sell outs.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Senator Burr Office Phone

I called Senator Burr's Washington office and got a busy signal. I just kept hitting redial over and over and in less than ten minutes I got through. I told the woman who answered the phone that I am a registered Republican in North Carolina and gave her my zip code. I then told her that a vote for closure is a vote to pass the amnesty bill and I want her to relay to Senator Burr that I want him to vote no on closure. I also told her that I will not forget his vote on this crucial issue and four years is not a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Just heard this on Hannity's radio show too although he didn't site a source, not that I caught anyway.
    Sean quoted Jim Geraghty of National Review Online's "The Corner" column ... here is the text. Later Kate O'Bierne of NRO mentioned that Burr was going to vote for cloture. See my post above for her item.

Burr To Vote Yes on Cloture? [Jim Geraghty]
    A North Carolina NRO reader reports:

WBT-AM in Charlotte (our eeeeevil talk radio station) is reporting that Burr will vote YES on cloture tomorrow.

I just called his Winston-Salem office and expressed my outrage in the strongest (non-foul languaged) terms.

The staff person at the W-S office claims he hasn't decided.

I called up WBT and they confirmed that host Jeff Katz did report that at the top of the hour

I'm sure William will let us know what is going on with Burr when he completes his meeting this evening.
    William may be too busy in Washington to see this report before his meeting. I would think now would be a good time for a close associate to contact him and update the situation with Burr.

Welcome Castle!

I spoke with his Winston office around 2:30 yesterday afternoon and was read a scripted message that "implied" he (Burr) would not vote yes on cloture because he could not accept the bill in it's current form. I asked if that was the correct interpretation of what the staffer read and she quickly stated she could not interpret for me! I expressed my expectation that the Senator stand with Senator Dole and vote no on cloture. I then continued calling the DC office but never got through...guess you guys were hammering 'em pretty hard. About 6 PM I arrived in Charlotte and was advised by a listener to the local Jeff Katz radio show that William had called into the show for an interview and stated that Burr was a Yes on cloture. I'm assuming he (William) had met with Senator Burr by then, but details of the alleged interview were sketchy. Anybody got anything definite and current on how the meeting turned out???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12