Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

In a brokered convention, even those who dropped out can participate....so Tancredo, Hunter, Guliani, etc. I think it's a real possibility. We can only hope.

He is an open borders guy, but I'm beginning to think most of the Republican party is. I can't stand him, but maybe he could be reined in. It's not going to happen, anyway; I'm just thinking about any possibility that might overcome the Democrat advantage. More of a calculation than a desire.

We need to start working on the upcoming primaries. Does anyone know what the best bets for Romney might be? I saw his campaign spokesman on tv awhile ago, and he said they will be in through the rest of the primaries. I'm ready to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    He is an open borders guy, but I'm beginning to think most of the Republican party is. I can't stand him, but maybe he could be reined in. It's not going to happen, anyway; I'm just thinking about any possibility that might overcome the Democrat advantage. More of a calculation than a desire.
    If we are hoping how about a Paul/Romney or Romney/Paul ticket?
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    If we are hoping how about a Paul/Romney or Romney/Paul ticket?
    After the stunt Paul pulled yesterday I would not think this
    would be possible

Paul stuck a knife in the back of all Romney supporters and I for
    one will never forgive him

After the stunt Paul pulled yesterday I would not think this
    would be possible

Paul stuck a knife in the back of all Romney supporters and I for
    one will never forgive him
    I am not happy about that move either, but the silver ligning is that McCain did not get the Delegates.

If the deal was going to be made, I would have liked it to be with Romney. All this political manuvering is quite sickening. On ALL fronts.

Banned
    Where its going to hurt down the road is when Huck
    throws all his delegates to McCain

What on earth was Paul thinking ?

He knows as well as we do thats Hucks plan

Do you know how a Brokered Convention works? I sure don't. Is that how it would work? The Candidate chooses? I will have to do more research. I agree tho.. on the surface it looks bad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Do you know how a Brokered Convention works? I sure don't. Is that how it would work? The Candidate chooses? I will have to do more research. I agree tho.. on the surface it looks bad.
    To win a brokered convention you need to approach it from a position
    of strength

If they go in with McCain leading in the delegate count , They will then have a round of voting , if nobody wins enough delegates in that round they will
    start to wheel and deal , McCain might offer Huck a high position or the VP post in exchange for his delegates , after the deals are cut there is
    another round of voting

This goes on until one candidate gets the 1192 needed to win the nomination

Thats why I just don't understand many Paul supporters wanting this to go to that , Paul will have little or no bargining position and certainly not close to enough to win the nom

I agree with the MSM who say all the Republican candidates despise Romney. I think they're blinded by that resentment.

I just saw pompous McCain making his spiel about uniting the party. He was flanked by Lieberman and Graham. Graham looked like a gangster ready to unload a machine gun at the slightest provocation. McCain is delusional if he thinks he can best Clinton or Obama.

Romney has picked up some endorsements in VA or MD. Does anyone know anything more?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast