Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What is the deal with Lou Dobbs?

I know many here love this guy, and I do too -- BUT, I cannot fathom WHY he would suggest an independent candidate (ala bloomberg)..

Over Ron Paul or Tancredo.

Isn't Lou all about sovereignty and the constitution.. yet NO candidate is more of a constitutionalist than Ron Paul and Tancredo is right up lou's alley for border security etc...

So, I do NOT understand why he isn't supporting either.

I am not trying to "push" one candidate or another, but when I hear Lou he is saying all the things that I have heard from Dr. Paul and Tancredo (not as familiar with Hunter). Does Lou not like Free Markets or something?

I don't get it..

Bloomberg? When did he make that statement? Do you have a link?
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Hi Reciprocity. I believe Bloomberg was mentioned on Larry King last night or yesterday by a talk show guest on Lou Dobbs Tonight. I am not sure that Lou mentioned him specifically. Hopefully, someone will clarify this or provide a transcript or some other proof.

I too am surprised that Lou could not accept any of the candidates on the Republican side since a few are serious about illegal immigration and sovereignty issues. I believe Duncan Hunter and a few others question FREE TRADE as not being so good for America because it is not FAIR TRADE. This sounds like Lou too.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JJ

Tom Tancredo

I am sending an e-mail to Lou Dobbs everyday to have Tom Tancredo on. Maybe he has to have 20 e-mails to take action just like our senators

Larry brought up bloomberg. and Lou responded by saying that he could be a surprise next election time. but he didnt say anything about endorsing him or asking him to get in the race

well, my real question is -- why is Lou just noncommittal... he seems to be a Closed borders soveriegnty type and WE HAVE AT LEAST TWO OF THESE condidates....

I just don't get him... just weird to me.

I was a little disappointed that Lou didn't endorse Tancredo. But he did have Paul on his show -- as he promised time to any candidate willing to adress a number of Lou's top issues.

I guess its because Rudy looks to take the nomination, and Tancredo, Hunter, and Paul have little chance at the nomination. Either that, or he doesn't want to endorse either of the partie's candidates. He is a staunch independent. And yes, he does believe in the free-market. Just not unfettered capitalism. He believes in some regulation. Dobbs was a Republican for many years. And he is very astute with economic matters. He received his economics degree from Harvard, and has written in economic journals as well as TV broadcasting on business, even receiving a Peabody award for it.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Maybe CNN does not want him to endorse anyone at this point. It is still early.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

sutle changes in lou dobbs

He has become more outspoken. His demeanor has changed from news person to crusader. Every night he manages to insert need for independent voter status which suggest a need for a third party /independent candidate. He is giving Kitty Pilgrim more air time. These are a few sign that I have observed. Is Lou Dobbs getting ready to run for President?

Re: sutle changes in lou dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by shelvapreston
    He has become more outspoken. His demeanor has changed from news person to crusader. Every night he manages to insert need for independent voter status which suggest a need for a third party /independent candidate. He is giving Kitty Pilgrim more air time. These are a few sign that I have observed. Is Lou Dobbs getting ready to run for President?
    Hhmmm. He has denied on his show requests from his audience that he run for president. I'm not sure, but I should get a better idea after I am done reading his latest book, Independents Day. This book is essentially an outline for strategy for the 2008 election.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast