Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What Did The Stimulous Package Pay For

IMO , it paid back the money the banks and loan com.s spent on all the homes ,cars and credit cards the illegals got and others who couldn't afford them .

Don't know if any of you caught the Hannity show that revealed what our tax dollars are going for but here is some of the useless spending that we are paying for.......unbelievable..
    CA....$30,000. TO TEAR DOWN TREES THAT HAD BURNED IN 1973.
    DIDN'T GET STATE BUT WAS GIVEN 1 MILLION TO BUILD FENCE ON BRIDGE TO KEEP PEOPLE FROM JUMPING OFF.
    NEBRASKA....49,000 FOR HISTORICAL LIGHTING ON MAIN STREET.
    ALABAMA..800,000. CATFISH RESEARCH THAT HAD NOTHING TO D WITH THE EATING OF THE FISH.
    MONTANA...3 MILLION FOR SKY LIGHTS IN A STATE RUN LIQUOR WAREHOUSE.
    MICHIGAN....9.5 MIL. TO PERSERVE HABITAT FOR BIRDS.

PAWTUCKET, R.I....1.1 BILLION WHICH HALF IS GOING TO SKATE BOARD PARK AND BASKETBALL AND TENNIS COURT.
    WASHINGTON STATE...870,000. RELOCATE RED WOLF BREEDING PROGRAM TO RURAL AREA SO THEY CAN BREED IN PRIVATE.
    AL.....800,000. OYSTER REHAB. PROJECT.
    FL. 60 MILLION FOR BRIDGE ALONG A TRAIL ..PEOPLE IN FL. DID NOT WANT THE MONEY, SAY IT IS NOT WANTED OR NEEDED.
    1.9 MIL. TO BUILD BEACH WATER TAXI TO MAIN LAND IN CONNECTICUT. THE THING IS..IT WOULD CONNECT TO A PLACE WITH NO RESIDENTS, SINCE IT WAS ABANDONED IN A 1976 FIRE.
    FL...28 MIL. FOR A BRIDGE TO MACO ISLAND..BUT THERE IS ALREADY A BRIDGE THERE AND WAS TOLD IN JULY 2008, THE EXCISTING BRIDGE WAS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.
    TX...320,000. TO REPLACE PUBLIC RESTROOMS IN A TOWN WITH ONLY 136 RESIDENTS..
    KY...3.6 MIL. TO BUILD PEDESTRIAN TRAIL WAY ALONG OHIO RIVER.
    FL...11MIL. FOR BEACH RENOURISHMENT IN MIAMI.
    W.V....21MIL. PLUS 9.5 MIL. FOR 100 MILE HIGHWAY NOT TO BE COMPLETED FOR 25 YRS,
    OR...13.5 MIL FOR ENCHANCED PROBATION PROGRAM FOR REPEAT..YES REPEAT PROPERTY AND DRUG OFFENDERS.
    CA....9.8 MIL. FOR NEW VISITOR CENTER
    LA...94,000. FOR BLACK BIRD STUDY
    HUNGINGTON , LONG ISLAND..4 MIL. FOR NEW SIDEWALKS AND TURNING LANES.
    IOWA...43 MIL. FOR ROAD REPAIRS .....POPULATION 15,000 AND MOST RDS. ARE RURAL FARM LANDS.
    JOHNSTOWN PA. 200 MIL. FOR CONGRESSMAN MURTHA AIRPORT WHERE THEY HAVE DIRECT FLIGHTS FROM PA. TO WASHINGTON D.C....THE THING IS THERE IS ONLY 3 FLIGHTS A DAY WITH AT MOST..20 PAXS PER DAY. REPS. AND DEM.S BOTH TRIED TO STOP THIS BUT MURTHA WON OUT.
    N.Y. STATE...25 MIL. TO REPAIR, WASH AND CLEAN BRIDGES.
    DALE HILL STATE PARK..400,000. TO OPEN ROAD WHICH THEY RECEIVED 7 MIL. IN 2007 TO CLOSE.
    WA. 1 MIL. FOR BRIDGE TO CONNECT 2 MICROSOFT HEADQUARTERS. MICROSOFT AND BILL GATES CAN'T AFFORD THIS?
    IOWA....200 MIL. FOR SWINE ODOR RESEARCH..SENATOR TOM PARKIN'S HOME STATE.

People I could go on and on. There were 100 instances of this kind of wasteful spending. I live in IN. and am paying taxes to research pig odor in Iowa. What in the hell is wrong with these people....this is truly wasted money we are having to dish out. What ever happened to states paying for their own improvements?

Gee...can't beleive I would have forgotten ......
    an unspecified amt. of money going to Massachusetts to hand out FREE cars to people on welfare..silly me, here I am working to make my payments!

Let's not forget just this week CA. received 16 mil. to perserve some kind of bird habitat., compliments of Poloski...probably spelled wrong...sorry.
    Guess you can tell this has really got me upset. This money could be going to help out the state of this economy, the unemployed, the country, the elderly, not on some damn birds.

I did actually just read about something that would benefit me. Apparently we got $9.3 million to help fix Chicago’s “Suicideâ€
    I would never be so arrogant as to move to another country and expect them to change for me.