Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What do other countries think of this crisis?

Does anyone know what people in other countries are thinking about what is going on here with this crisis? We must be looking like total idiots.

Al Qaeda is probably laughing because they know our borders are so porous and our jelly-spined elected officials won't enforce our laws or put our military on the borders. If I hear the President or any Congressman spew the words "Rule of Law" again, I will throw up. We are NOT a nation with the Rule of Law any longer. Our government has shown American citizens we are above the law if we take to the streets en masse.

I don't have any real facts, but if I had to guess, I would say we are the laughing stock of the world right now! I can only guess that Al Qeada among other American hating terrorist groups are quickly making plans to visit Mexico so they to can slip across the border and infiltrate this country. I'm sure they didn't realize until now, how easy it is to walk right in.
    You tell me what other country (if any) would allow non citizens to march in thousands clogging up thier streets, stopping businesses and chanting anti government slurs and above all, basically declaring war against them? I don't think even the smallest countries would allow such nonsense!! I'm sure, like us they are all thinking "WHERE"S THE CONTROL?" Not to mention how easily it seems that are government is getting pushed over. Now every anti American group out there will be pushing us over!!

To our governemnt: GET OFF OF YOUR BUTTS AND TAKE CONTROL!!

Yes, I wonder what all those countries we are supposed to be 'protecting' around the world think.

I am sure they are either thinking that there is no way the US can protect them if they can't protect themselves.

Or

That if our government would sell out its own country - what would it do to them??????
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good question. I suspect most don't know. Read my post on what we could do to educate people overseas. http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-24439.html
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Inside ‘Islam’s political insurgency’ in Europe
    In the war of ideas, Hizb ut-Tahrir stakes its ground, courts controversy
    INTERACTIVE

• Hizb ut-Tahir Q&A
    Jamal Harwood, spokesman for Hizb ut-Tahrir in Britain, answers MSNBC.com's questions about the controversial group.

• Islam in Europe
    A country-by-country rundown on the numbers, history and issues.

RSS FEEDS ON MSNBC.COM
    Add these headlines to your news reader

• Europe News
    • Learn more about RSS
    By Daniel Strieff
    Reporter
    MSNBC
    Updated: 12:05 p.m. ET April 10, 2006

Daniel Strieff
    Reporter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LONDON — Merely a radical Islamic political party or a “conveyor belt for terrorists”?

That is the question British Prime Minister Tony Blair’s government hopes to answer when it decides whether to join Germany, Russia and many Muslim-majority states in formally banning the activities of Hizb ut-Tahrir (Party of Liberation) for allegedly inciting violence.

Hizb ut-Tahrir says it is a nonviolent political party, but critics assert it is deeply divisive and potentially dangerous -- especially in Europe -- because it is openly anti-democratic, calls for a new world order based on uniting the world's 1.2 billion Muslims in a new state and shares a worldview, if not methodology, with some violent groups.

Story continues below ↓
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    advertisement

“Hizb ut-Tahrir is very dangerous for the long-term in Western countries because it pushes forward an ideology that doesn’t believe in these countries’ constitution, in the system, in the laws, but says there is only one answer: a new Islamic state,” said Zeyno Baran of the Washington-based Nixon Center and the author of "Hizb ut-Tahrir: Islam's Political Insurgency."

Hizb ut-Tahrir wants all Muslims united in a single state led by a caliph, or a successor to the prophet of God.

Despite a changing power base and structure, the caliphate as an institution represented a united political leadership that governed the affairs of Muslims for around 1,400 years after the death of the Prophet Muhammad. Mustafa Kemal Ataturk dismantled the last caliphate, in Ottoman Turkey, in 1924.

Since the Sept. 11 attacks, President Bush has often cast the fight against radical Islam as a wider struggle between the West and those who want to establish "a totalitarian Islamic empire reaching from Spain to Indonesia."

Blair singles out Hizb ut-Tahrir
    Less than a month after July 7, 2005, when four British Muslims detonated suicide bombs on three London subway trains and one bus, killing 52 people and wounding hundreds of others, Blair singled out plans to ban Hizb ut-Tahrir as part of his anti-terrorism plan.

To that end, parliament in March approved a terrorism bill that made it a criminal offense to "encourage" or "glorify" terrorism.

A Home Office spokesman declined to elaborate on Blair's statements. Hizb ut-Tahrir's legal status remains in limbo.

Regardless, Hizb ut-Tahrir insists it is a political party, albeit one without offices nor a base of operations.

"We do not have a military wing, we have never had a military wing, we do not plan to ever have a military wing," Jamal Harwood, a spokesman for the group in Britain, said during an interview in London's gleaming Canary Wharf area, one of the financial and media hubs of the city.

Although founded in Jerusalem half a century ago as an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood, experts say London has become the group's ideological and logistical center.

The Nixon Center's Baran believes Hizb ut-Tahrir is dangerous because it contends Islam and the West are inherently at odds. She has called the group "radical Sunni Islamism's ideological vanguard" and a "conveyor belt for terrorists."

“Hizb ut-Tahrir is a threat because once someone is so ideologically certain that the caliphate is the answer and that Muslims must be united, that Western laws are not legitimate, that the United States is holding down Muslims everywhere and must be destroyed, you become a person who is very confused internally," Baran said. "That kind of person may easily jump onto the next step and say, ‘I don’t want to wait 50 years, I want it now,’ and then resort to violence.”

LIVE VOTE
    Does Hizb ut-Tahrir encourage terrorism?

But Harwood, a Canadian convert, rejected Baran's characterization as "baseless."

“We’ve had many Muslims from more radical jihadist groups who have left those parties and joined Hizb ut-Tahrir because they can see futility in terms of what they were doing previously,” he said.

Europe is experiencing a Second Moorish invasion, i doubt they care about whats going on here. this time there will be no Battle of Tours or Charles Martel to save Europe
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Actually, Mills I did hear some thoughts from people from some other countries today who called into a radio station. They said that they were listening to the radio station through the internet.

Oh, they were adamant that WE MUST fight against what is being done to OUR country.

I think even though some if not many people around the world like to give us a hard time about things, they KNOW that if the American people get beaten that their light of hope for freedom and safety and all the things that people cherish will be much more dim and that light could even possibly go out completely for them.

People around the world DEPEND on US in many and more serious ways than Mexico does.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)