Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What do you think of these videos?

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-8338.html#8338

Ok folks,

The video links to today's "At Issue" are up. Let me know what you think. I need constructive criticism and yes I know... I need some sunlight.

I got a little defensive on the show since I was outnumbered. What do you think?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

what do you think of these videos

You were certainally outnumbered. You did really well with the amount of time you had. It's really hard to debate the illegal immigration issue, without showing alot of passion. It's a very complex and difficult subject to discuss. Especially, when everyone around the table tries to make anti-immigration people/groups look bad.
    You did great, and I thank you.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks Bbean. Others have told me that I need to not sit back so much in the chair.

It sorta made me angry when Donna said she did not like my sarcastic tone.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    It sorta made me angry when Donna said she did not like my sarcastic tone.
    FWIW, the comment about a sarcastic tone seems to be just a red herring. I think you held your own well in the face of all those bloviators.

Sounds like they've all been "schooled" in all the OBL arguments.

Donna might wish to study up on the largest influx of illegal immigrants (Mexico) before she makes her next "roundtable."
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

W, I posted my reply in the wrong place, so I'm reposting it here:

W,

Well done. I watched the whole thing. How you maintained your cool at that table is beyond me!

I hated, I mean absolutely, positively, frick'n HATED how Donna Martinez tried to jump on you by asking "Is this a Hispanic thing?!" Congrats to you for not falling into her trap. It was a cliched prejudice card. Me - I would've said, "Hell yeah it's a Hispanic thing!!!!! They represent disproportionately more than half of the total world-wide legal immigrations into this country per year - and 4 times that amount illegally!!! It's not a Jamaican thing, it's not an Irish thing, nor is it a Canadian thing! So, Ms. MARTINEZ, the plain facts and figures make it a Hispanic thing! " And I probably would've continued a super-sized rant right there in her face!! So it's good thing I'm here and you're there. LOL

And then - THEN - she tried to lecture you about "the tone", saying "the sarcasm does not help your case". OMG!!! What condescending tripe!! I wanted to reach through cyberspace and rattle her tiny brain inside her head!!! You were not being sarcastic (and just to be sure, I went back and listened to it twice!), and she had blatantly baited you by playing that ethnic card. We know why she did that - she was trying to position herself as the moral authority, and degrade your facts and figures (which she obviously didn't know!) with her snark on some non-existent "tone". OMG - I'm still so rankled over this!

I won't comment on Fitzsimons except to say that the drivel coming out of his mouth was just liberal diarrhea. "It's all about the children - it's not their fault - they contribute to our society - blah, blah, blah". Utter drivel.

You know, I'm really getting to the point where I don't even try to mince words anymore. "Yes, this is a Hispanic thing - in volume, proximity, and scale. Yes, I think their presence here is a criminal act worthy of prosecution and punishment. No, they should not get driver's licenses, amnesty, college education, guest worker status, or anything else from our society. No, I don't want them here - at all -period. Yes, I think we should throw them out of our country on their ears and permanently refuse re-entry because they are law-breakers." Deosn't exactly make for a great sound-byte does it?! LOL "She has not one ounce of compassion..." [yawn] Nope, and this un-compassionate American is spoiling for a fight, so beware any "Ms. Martinezes"...
    HE!D! A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by men better than himself. ~J.S. Mills

huummm, after reading HEIDI's post I might not need to watch it after all.