Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What George Orwell might think of a "borderless" U

http://www.netcharles.com/orwell/articl ... stopia.htm

Common Traits of Dystopian Fiction

The following is a list of common traits of dystopias, although it is by no means definitive. Most dystopian films or literature includes at least a few of the following:

a hierarchical society where divisions between the upper, middle and lower class are definitive and unbending (Caste system)
    a nation-state ruled by an upper class with few democratic ideals
    state propaganda programs and educational systems that coerce most citizens into worshipping the state and its government, in an attempt to convince them into thinking that life under the regime is good and just
    strict conformity among citizens and the general assumption that dissent and individuality are bad
    a fictional state figurehead that people worship fanatically through a vast personality cult, such as 1984’s Big Brother or We's The Benefactor
    a fear or disgust of the world outside the state
    a common view of traditional life, particularly organized religion, as primitive and nonsensical
    a penal system that lacks due process laws and often employs psychological or physical torture
    constant surveillance by state police agencies
    the banishment of the natural world from daily life
    a back story of a natural disaster, war, revolution, uprising, spike in overpopulation or some other climactic event which resulted in dramatic changes to society
    a standard of living among the lower and middle class that is generally poorer than in contemporary society
    a protagonist who questions the society, often feeling intrinsically that something is terribly wrong
    because dystopian literature takes place in the future, it often features technology more advanced than that of contemporary society

Millere,

Welcome to Alipac. I see you already have 20+ posts but I just haven't run into you in the forums and I've been here over one year.

This article you posted is disturbing but I believe has a great deal of truth. I purchased George Orwell's "1984" novel several years ago and it sat on my book shelf a long time. I didn't read it until last year after becoming aware of and involved in the immigration enforcement and border security movement. I also learned all about free trade agreements, WTO, UN, FTAA, and globalists at this time.

Scary thoughts!

Annie
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie
    I also learned all about free trade agreements, WTO, UN, FTAA, and globalists at this time.

Scary thoughts!

Annie
    I have spent the last several years reading up the problems caused by outsourcing, and lo and behold, the illegal immigration debate is filled with the same jargon, such as Mexicans needing to come into the United States to "do the jobs Americans won't do" and Indian H1-B workers being shoved into the US because "Americans cannot do that type of work [computers]". It is all done to strip millions of Americans of their livelihoods while being told that it "benefits us".

We have just as much to be be scared of George Bush's plan to bring in unwanted Indian techworkers as we do of illegal Mexican aliens, and just as Vicente Fox does, Indian government officials fly to Washington to instruct George Bush on what he can or cannot do at our expense.

Global economy = global poverty and slavery

Millere,

You are right on all accounts.

I just had two lengthy paragraphs in draft and was checking for errors before posting, then I hit a back key and deleted my post.

I'll try to respond later tonight or tomorrow.

Annie
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

It is scary thoughts - but we really can't say we weren't warned.

This is something my grandparents talked about long ago - I am 'Medicare qualified' this year.

How did they know? - I don't know.

Now my Mother did get a lot of what I teasingly (but lovingly) called 'subversive' literature. These warned about the CFR, Tri Laterial Commission, etc.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)