Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What happens now?

Let's say the senate approves amnesty. What's the next political step? I know I should know this answer but I NEVER had any interest in politics until now.
    We the People. You the Invader

The HOUSE

Look, if the Senate doesn't pass this mess I'll be in shock. Just keep pounding away at them. Remember always that their MO is to ignore, ignore, ignore. They believe that if they ignore it, it will all go away. THIS TIME THEY'RE WRONG.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    The HOUSE

Look, if the Senate doesn't pass this mess I'll be in shock. Just keep pounding away at them. Remember always that their MO is to ignore, ignore, ignore. They believe that if they ignore it, it will all go away. THIS TIME THEY'RE WRONG.
    they are doing more than ignoring us, they are acting like we don't even exist! Unfortunately for them, they have put THEIR futures in our hands
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

dxd
    houston,
    If the senate passes a bill that is not exactly the same as the House bill, it goes to conference. Both the senate and house send members to conference and they try to iron out a compromise bill. Whatever comes out of conference would then go back to the full senate and house and musy be passed by each body. If passed it goes to the prez. If signed by the prez it becomes law.

However if amnesty becomes law we should challenge amnesty in federal court for constitutionality. Any law can be challenged in federal court for constitutionality

MAMIE
    I know that, if we have anything to do with it, these jokers are on their last hoorah ride!

Something tells me that WE THE PEOPLE are in an ugly mood
    Great, isn't it, that the media keeps trying to change the subject but we've got blinders on!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: What happens now?

Quote Originally Posted by houston
    Let's say the senate approves amnesty. What's the next political step? I know I should know this answer but I NEVER had any interest in politics until now.
    It will probably pass in the Senate, but I DO NOT BELIEVE it will pass the House.

Most of the members in the House still have some integrity,and respect for our Nations Laws!

What a shame! We were nice hard working people, and they are going to turn us bad because we cannot make them like us. Look what our government is doing to our children, they are the ones that will really have to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Something tells me that WE THE PEOPLE are in an ugly mood
    Great, isn't it, that the media keeps trying to change the subject but we've got blinders on!!!
    I've got tunnel vision!

sawdust

I thought we were nice folks too
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"