Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What I found in the mail from the Post OFfice today.

I was wondering if anyone else received a flyer in the mail from our tax supported post office? The majority of the language on the mailing was in Spanish. It was an add to assist money transfers to people in Central America. I was absolutely floored. My gut instincts always told me our government wants the illegals here and now that is confirmed just a little more.

I have been off this board for a little while because my emotions get a little high when I think about what is going on and how little I can do to stop it. I truly do not believe that the American Public has any say in this. Only if we can vote our politicans out of office, and that will take at least 30% of Americans standing together and against them. Overall, we are a passive bunch.

I have spent some time getting to know the illegals and their friends. My Spanish isn't very good, but did find that some will try to speak English with you. One gentleman I liked was actually from Spain and employeed by someone who came to the States illegally. This Spaniard actually made fun of the people from Central America because he thought they were VERY uneducated. They didn't even know where Spain was. The more I learned the more I realized how different the cultures are. Whereas we are more European, they are more Third World. I don't mean to completely generalize because there are all types of people around the globe.

Be good everyone and keep up the good fight!!
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

ArticleIV:

I can certainly understand how your emotions can run high. It is disparaging to know we are being sold out by our own government.

But, from where I sit, quitting is not an option. I just keep thinking about the world that I'm leaving for my children and grandchildren, and I can't quit.

For too many years, I was "too busy with life" to pay attention to the degradation around me. Now, I'm paying the price. I need to redeem myself for my kids' sake. When they finally bury me, I would like them to say "she went down fighting", even if I lose!!

I get angry . . . I get tired . . . but, I'm not going to roll over and play dead. I never was any good at that.

Look at it this way, what's the other option, get run over ???

Who paid for the mailer?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Hasn't the US Postal Service been privatized?

I tossed the mailer in a garbage can. I'm going to go down and get it, and I'll let you know. I know the postage was pre-paid.

As far as quiting goes....ain't going to happen. I just can't dwell on it, I need to be doing something about it. It's just how I am.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    As far as I have heard the Postal Service has been privatized, and pretty much always has been. They receive federal funding and support, and must follow the rules for hiring, just as a federal agency would. My husband was going to apply with the post office, he is a Vietnam Veteran, but....he is a 55 year old white male, he might have little chance because of that.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    As far as I have heard the Postal Service has been privatized, and pretty much always has been. They receive federal funding and support, and must follow the rules for hiring, just as a federal agency would. My husband was going to apply with the post office, he is a Vietnam Veteran, but....he is a 55 year old white male, he might have little chance because of that.
    No, I think the Rostal Service was fully privatized about 20 years ago. To my knowledge, they still use governmental pay scales and such but receive no federal subsidy.

I guess I should confirm that...

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Hmmmm.....I had heard they had been started by the government, but became private some time ago, but, not all sources are accurate. My brother had taken one of their exams, and he said they were held to strict hiring practises, when it came to preferences due to being a minority, and veterans, which he said if that was the case, they must be receiving federal funding for certain aspects of their operations. But it is all conjecture on his and my part.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Okay, here's the straight dope:

http://usgovinfo.about.com/blpostalservice.htm

Taxpayer subsidy is limited to free postage for blind persons, the mailing of ballots to citizens living abroad, address information to state and local child support enforcement agencies, and for keeping some rural posts offices in operation.

Postage and Fees Paid USPS. Permit No. G-10

On the Front of the card with a photo of a happy Hispanic family:
    Ponga su bienstar en buenas manos
    Put their well-being in good hands
    United States Postal Service
    Dinero Seguro

On the back of the card in Spanish first, then in English:
    Diner Seguro for your wire transfer of funds back home.
    In helping your family in Latin America and the Caribbean, trust Dinero Seguro funds transfer service. It's quick: your family willl have their money in 15 minutes. It brings you some of the most competitive prices in the market: with better exchange rates and low service fees. And there are no hidden costs. Plus, it's gauranteed by two long established institutions: the United States Postal Service and Bancomer Transfer Services

Para enviar dinero, visite una Oficina Postal de la siguiente lista.
    Glenview Post Office Woodbine Post Office
    301 Ezell Pike 4112 Nolensville Road
    Nashville, TN 37217 Nashville, TN 37211

Horario de atencion/Hours of operation
    etc...(hours listed)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast