Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What our school district did about tomorrows marches -yours?

We didn't hear anything last week. But today heard the districts stance from two sources. My children brought home a letter (English one side, Spanish the other) with the text below. Then when I was driving home my cell rang. It said, "Hello, this is Dr. Bastiste." I thought the superintendent was calling me?! But it was a recorded message reading the letter. Then when I got home the message was on our home phone as well. He's covering the bases!

Last year many students walked out and stormed the streets. The paper had a picture of a student stomping an American flag. I guess they don't want that repeated...

From the District 60 website:

http://files.waukeganschools.org/newsbe ... nRally.pdf

MESSAGE TO PARENTS ABOUT MAY 1ST IMMIGRATION RALLY

Waukegan, IL – While we acknowledge the upcoming May 1, 2007 rally in Chicago regarding immigration reform, it is important that we convey to you the need for all of our students to attend school on that day. According to local and national organizers, this march is intended for adults only. Organizers have also stated that all community groups going to the march will not allow students onto their buses. Therefore, we are expecting to operate our schools as usual on Tuesday.
    This brings us to our next point: we are concerned about the safety and well-being of our students who rely on their parents or other adults in the household to care for them upon return from school. Those of you who are planning to attend the march and who regularly pick up your children at the end of the school day, please make arrangements for an adult to pick up your child/ren.
    It is also important that you notify the school office of your arrangements— if they will be different than usual. Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Posted at 4/30/2007 1:23 PM
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It will more than likely be an excused absence. Montgomery County Maryland.

A teacher pal of mine said excused or not, everyone that isn't in their class tomorrow will be getting ZEROS's on every assignment with no shot at making up the work! They're getting tired of the flippant, disrespectful attitude of these little anchors, and it seems to be getting worse as they get closer to the end of school.

Organizers have also stated that all community groups going to the march will not allow students onto their buses. Therefore, we are expecting to operate our schools as usual on Tuesday.
    FEDUP
    would you please take a bit of time to find out - up front and personal - if this dipwad would EXCUSE the kids IF THE ORGANIZERS decided that they would take kids on their buses?

Whose calling the shots with the schools?

TIME TO FIND OUT if you have a child in that school district!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OH my, they just called our house with a recorded message (same in letter) at 7:44 pm in Spanish.

Why is that?!

Here in California (los angeles) the school districts have threatened the kids with truancy if they skip school. BUT they've planned a rally for the kids after school in which they will bus them back and forth so their "safe."

Cardinal Mahoney the Molester Protector was all over the radio today with sound bites about how he's in support of the "walk out."I haven't heard near the amount of talk of this walk out versus last year walk out.

The only good thing about this freeway traffic tomorrow in Mexifornia should be light. WOO HOO!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTX
    A teacher pal of mine said excused or not, everyone that isn't in their class tomorrow will be getting ZEROS's on every assignment with no shot at making up the work! They're getting tired of the flippant, disrespectful attitude of these little anchors, and it seems to be getting worse as they get closer to the end of school.
    Good to hear that someone is doing what is right.

Heard in the San Diego area there may be protests after school around 3 pm. Forget where, don't care.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JAK
    If they don't show up suspend them!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Banned
    The OBLs are promoting this---kids up front---sympathy. They are a bunch of disturbed, corrupt people--using children to promote their agenda.