Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    We have fifty of our Oregon National Guard troops going down.

My friends boyfriend has been in for about twenty years, spent time in Iraq but now has a job. They said on our local news that those fifty going down are volunteers. Looks like they realize how much they are needed.

Unfortunately because it is in the country instead of out of country, their pay is less for that (at least that is the way I understand it).

I am sick about these two border patrol are being treated. Yes, we need to get through the elections, and then make some noise.

How does it look for early release? Any options there to get time taken off? I know any time spent in jail is not right, I am just wondering if there is a tiny ray of hope that if all else, they can get reduced sentences.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Are you ready to go to Texas?

Can this truly be the "tipping point" and we WILL do something?

I will go to Texas if that's what it takes - but not on my own.

Do we have confirmation on this? Where is the story in print?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Do we have confirmation on this? Where is the story in print?

W
    yea, I want to post it in other forums
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Does it have to be in print?

I heard the report on John & Ken on my drive in to work. They will remain free until January 17th, and with any luck, they may be able to remain out on bail during the appeal.

This truly sucks.

When will our fellow Americans develop some spine and start doing something about this? Flood our legislators with calls, something.

here's a link and article:

http://www.elpasotimes.com/breakingnews/ci_4517799

Former Border Patrol agents sentenced to prison (4:30 p.m.)
    By Louie Gilot / El Paso Times
    Article Launched:10/19/2006 04:23:32 PM MDT
    The two former U.S. Border Patrol agents whose conviction of shooting a drug smuggler in the buttocks caused a national movement to free them were sentenced today.
    Ignacio Ramos was given an 11-year sentence in prison -- a 10-year mandatory sentence for the assault with a deadly weapon charge, plus one year for the lesser charges. Jose Alonso Compean was given a 12-year sentence -- a 10-year mandatory sentence for the assault with a deadly weapon, plus two years for the lesser charges.

Ramos and Compean were found guilty of assault with serious bodily injury, assault with a deadly weapon, discharge of a firearm in relation to a crime of violence, a civil-rights charge and obstruction of justice in the Feb. 17, 2005, shooting of Osvaldo Aldrete Davila near Fabens.

U.S. District Judge Kathleen Cardone ruled that the two former agents will remain free until Jan. 17, when they must surrender themselves. But at that point, the judge could let them remain out on bond during the appeals process.

"Federal agents who protect our border deserve our respect, gratitude and trust -- it is a difficult and dangerous job," United States Attorney Johnny Sutton said in a news release after the sentencing. "But when law enforcement officers use their badge as a shield for carrying out crimes and then engage in a cover up, we cannot look the other way. Agents Compean and Ramos shot an unarmed, fleeing suspect in the back and lied about it."

Quote Originally Posted by odiesback
    Mod-edit
    The judge had no choice.
    One of the charges carried a mandatory minimum
    10 year sentence.

DHS prosecution was evil in this case.
    Jurists can depart from federal sentencing guidelines when they want to, as was the case with that terrorist pond scum, Lynne Stewart.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Yes, our judicial system is corrupt. Over the last 20 years, liberals and scum have infiltrated the system. I mean, look at Attorney General Gonzales. He is a third generation illegal and has strong sympathy and compassion for illegals. He was never going to answer those letters and wanted Ramos and Compean to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    We have fifty of our Oregon National Guard troops going down.

My friends boyfriend has been in for about twenty years, spent time in Iraq but now has a job. They said on our local news that those fifty going down are volunteers. Looks like they realize how much they are needed.

Unfortunately because it is in the country instead of out of country, their pay is less for that (at least that is the way I understand it).

I am sick about these two border patrol are being treated. Yes, we need to get through the elections, and then make some noise.

How does it look for early release? Any options there to get time taken off? I know any time spent in jail is not right, I am just wondering if there is a tiny ray of hope that if all else, they can get reduced sentences.

As for the pay for the guard on the border....it is Federal pay, not State, which is more.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Jurists can depart from federal sentencing guidelines when they want to
    Unfortunately, as I said, on the charge of firing a lethal weapon
    in this case, there is no guideline, is an automatic minimun sentence.

Check your sources on that. However, I agree that some judges
    are acting more like activists than judges.

This is pathetic. Some drug smuggling piece of sh_t gets immunity for all the crimes he committed (you know he'll continue to committ more crimes), but 2 BP agents who did their jobs are the ones going to jail and not this scum of the earth. This just proves that our elected officials have no spine and are gutless. Those who put these two men in jail should be the ones in prison. What's next? Are they going to allow the drug smuggler the ability to sue the government?

This garbage has Alberto Gonzales, LaRaza, Bush, Mexican government, and the ACLU written all over it. Dog will probably be the next to fall. If they can do this to these fine patriots, they can do it to anyone of us. Something needs to be done about this. Phoning, faxing and emailing is not enough. Our rights and freedoms are slipping away because the ruling elite wants to appease Mexico and the international globalists. Sooner or later this is going to affect all of us. Are we to be thrown in jail for speaking out against the illegals next?

Our country is going to hell in a handbasket.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast