Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What Some Senate Aides Think About Constituents

http://www.thecapitolist.com/

10/24/2007 - 11:31 am
    "Behind closed doors" and "cram down our throats" is some of the dumbest rhetoric I've ever heard, and I am a Republican.

10/24/2007 - 11:19 am
    read the bill, in state rates got taken out

I wish constituents would read the bill as well....then they would be better informed.

10/24/2007 - 11:18 am
    read the bill, in state rates got taken out

10/24/2007 - 11:06 am
    Ok, vote on the nomination happening now. Someone post a total when it comes in please.

10/24/2007 - 11:03 am
    This is coming from a Democrat, so understand that I agree with much of what my party stands for, but here is my question...
    Why would we give "in-state" rates to those who are not legal residents of that state?
    We have students, who are legal residents of other states, who dont get that break in fees, how is this fair to them?
    We
    have students who come here legally, from other countries, who do the
    right thing and apply, and wait, and also pay the normal "out of state"
    fees? How is this fair to those who have done nothing but follow the
    rules?
    I ask this, because I dont understand and am looking for real answers.

Thank you.

"We" would not be giving them in-state tuition rates. It would be left up to the University. That's some misinformation being spread by the racist rednecks.

10/24/2007 - 10:59 am
    Please listen to the people! Vote NO to any immiration resolution that may again be put before the Senate. Do you hear us?

Yep, we hear you, and the right wing asshole on the radio who got you worked up about the issue moments ago.

10/24/2007 - 10:59 am
    I just got one call which included references to the Dream Act, the North American Union, Law of the Sea, and the Amero...all in one call. Freakin' loons...

10/24/2007 - 10:54 am
    This is coming from a Democrat, so understand that I agree with much of what my party stands for, but here is my question...
    Why would we give "in-state" rates to those who are not legal residents of that state?
    We have students, who are legal residents of other states, who dont get that break in fees, how is this fair to them?
    We have students who come here legally, from other countries, who do the right thing and apply, and wait, and also pay the normal "out of state" fees? How is this fair to those who have done nothing but follow the rules?
    I ask this, because I dont understand and am looking for real answers.

Thank you.

10/24/2007 - 10:52 am
    if you get calls from people who are going through calling every
    senator about the dream act, put them on hold for a while. if they are
    going to call every senator we can at least slow them down and make
    them wait.

Damn I wish I thought of that, I miss the days of long distance actually costing people money, they I bet some of these LOST/NAU/DREAM Act douches would have to choose between their "smokes" or calling Congress. I wonder who would win that debate....

10/24/2007 - 10:45 am
    ...oh and I've also been known to do something else. The really irate
    ones who refuse to give name or address and do not want a "form
    letter." ....I look up their info via the phone number and send them a
    form letter anyway.

Awesome.

10/24/2007 - 10:40 am
    "my grandchildren are going to grow up speaking spanish and bowing down to Allah." Really?

It's sad really that in much of the rest of the world being multilingual in consider to be positive...yet here we have so many (racist rednecks) who demonize it.

10/24/2007 - 10:33 am
    Anyone else getting callers who want to talk about both the DREAM Act
    and the Law of the Sea Treaty? Frankly it makes me take their
    anti-immigration views even less seriously when they're ranting and
    raving about how LoST will take away all of our sovereignty or
    whatever...

It's because those folks also happen to be the paranoid isolationist conspiracy theory loons who believe in the North American Union, the NAFTA Super Highway, the One World Order, the Illuminati, bigfoot, and that Elvis is actually alive.

10/24/2007 - 10:30 am
    "my grandchildren are going to grow up speaking spanish and bowing down to Allah." Really?

10/24/2007 - 10:28 am
    I don't usually take offense to the things written on this board, but don't you dare make fun of Marsha Blackburn. Because I know that one day Marsha and I are gonna to get married on top of a
    mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and
    flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun
    rises. And then our children will form a family band. And we will tour
    the countryside and you won't be invited.

10/24/2007 - 10:27 am
    It's best to cut them (non-constituents) off (if the senator has taken
    a position) and say that his position, thank you for calling and hang
    up.

Sometimes, if I'm not too busy, I like to have a little fun with them...especially if the caller ID shows me they are from another state. I use http://www.411.com/reverse_phone to get their correct address. So then if they try to lie and give a fake address (one within our state) I will mentioned that, "It looks like you might be calling from _____." Also, I might just make up some name of a fake lake and say, "Well, you must have a wonderful view of lake whatever from there."

...oh and I've also been known to do something else. The really irate ones who refuse to give name or address and do not want a "form letter." ....I look up their info via the phone number and send them a form letter anyway.

10/24/2007 - 10:24 am
    Anyone else getting callers who want to talk about both the DREAM Act and the Law of the Sea Treaty? Frankly it makes me take their anti-immigration views even less seriously when they're ranting and raving about how LoST will take away all of our sovereignty or whatever...

10/24/2007 - 10:23 am
    i like hanging up on people from out of state. having them call back all pissed off, and then hanging up on em again.

10/24/2007 - 10:21 am
    if you get calls from people who are going through calling every
    senator about the dream act, put them on hold for a while. if they are
    going to call every senator we can at least slow them down and make
    them wait.

Unless they have free long distance, it will cost 'em a lot more money!

10/24/2007 - 10:16 am
    It's best to cut them (non-constituents) off (if the senator has taken a position) and say that his position, thank you for calling and hang up.

Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Must be Durbin, Murray, Feinstein, Reid, Salazar, Kerry, Clinton, Obama staffers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    We pay these brats to play games with the phones? They are learning well. They sound just like their Senators. Sad. Maybe we should all call on a day when nothing is going on. That would be fun.

Yeah these brats are our kids, wonder where we went wrong?

I can certainly think of several ways, no parents home, daycare centers, money the first god.

Oh and of course most of them come from liberal colleges, and besides, we all are "liberal" when young, thinking we can right all the worlds wrongs, if only.... then we grow up and realize it can't be done and we have to be the responsible ones.

But you are right, they fit right in with their greedy, sneaky senatorial "teachers."

I KNOW Durbins staffers are like that. Obamas will sometimes briefly comment from their list of response options. Just warms your heart to see just how behind us they are.....

I know one thing for sure.....they'll never get my vote.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sometimes, if I'm not too busy, I like to have a little fun with them...especially if the caller ID shows me they are from another state. I use http://www.411.com/reverse_phone to get their correct address. So then if they try to lie and give a fake address (one within our state) I will mentioned that, "It looks like you might be calling from _____." Also, I might just make up some name of a fake lake and say, "Well, you must have a wonderful view of lake whatever from there."

These KIDS are so stupid don't they think we travel for our business and still are activists. Don't they think we have winter and summer homers. DUH

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Wow. What a bunch of little scumbags. What's the deal with saying "racist rednecks?" Just because a legal U.S. citizen wants their borders secured and their immigration laws enforced, doesn't make them racists. And what about the rednecks? They are assuming that everyone who is against illegal immigration are rednecks. Uh, the last time I checked, people of many colors and nationalaties here in the USA don't want any form of amnesty. What a group of little whining brats.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

We should copy some of this and send it to Rush Limbaugh or Al Rantel LOL wouldn't that frost the Senators.

Quote Originally Posted by wilro
    Wow. What a bunch of little scumbags. What's the deal with saying "racist rednecks?" Just because a legal U.S. citizen wants their borders secured and their immigration laws enforced, doesn't make them racists. And what about the rednecks? They are assuming that everyone who is against illegal immigration are rednecks. Uh, the last time I checked, people of many colors and nationalaties here in the USA don't want any form of amnesty. What a group of little whining brats.
    Actually they are racists.

Gogo that is an AWESOME IDEA....if several of us do this they may listen....I have been confronting aides about it....several acted like they didn't know the website existed...some admitted it and tried to defend it on frustration( oh did she get chewed by me) and still some swore they would never do something like that...We need to exposes all the trash in Washington
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast