Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What is US Citizenship worth?

I saw a comment a reader left on another forum that grabbed my attention. It was in response to what would happen if we brought back the draft and illegal immigration.

According to Time Magazine, illegal aliens are pouring across the border at the rate of 10,000 a night, (number may be high, but it's alarming). Observation, the gov't is either powerless or unwilling for economic reasons or both to stop this. Border control is a soveriegnty issue. Gov'ts of nations that can no longer control their borders daily sacrifice chunks of their soveriegnty until such time as they are no longer able to exercize legal authority over the nations they once ruled. Once this gov't loses sufficient amount of soveriegnty, I would argue that it no longer possesses the legal authority to impose, much less enforce a military draft or a Universal Service requirement. A corollary to this argumeent is that "citizenship" in a "soveriegn nation" has a monetary value. The quantum of that value may be directly related to the dificulty one has in gaining citizenship. Thus for example, it's very difficult to become a Swiss citizen, ergo the monetary value of Swiss citizenship is very high. Prior to the 1965 Immigration Reform Act, it was "relatively" difficult to become an American Citizen. To the extent that the gov't has abandonned it's borders since 1965, citizenship has been "devalued". Those who owned shuch citizenship prior to 1965 have essentially suffered an unconstituional "taking without compensation". Ergo, it might be fairly argued that this government has thrown away sufficient soveriegnty that it may no longer legally exercize the right of a soveriegn nation to impose a draft for the purposes of self defense and at the same time openned itself up to civil remedies for having devalued citizenship. Simply put, they try to impose a draft, you sue them for loss of value of citizenship and suggest a settlement, i.e., they can have your "citizenship" and in turn pay a cash settlement, say $100,000.00 per person born after 1966 who choses to join the class action lawsuit. I would include as well a settlement agreement whereby the gov't acknowledges sufficient lack of legal soveriegnty to deport you, bolstering the argument with the demonstration that having failed to deport countless millions of illegal aliens, the government is estopped to deny it's legal authority to deport anyone has been de facto, if not de jure, abandonned through non use.
    scary thought isn't it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Right now....in my opinion......our military is darn lucky anyone signs up. They have made our citizenship worthless. Fight and die for this country while they are busy selling us out to the cheapest bidder? Thank heavens we have those who are fighting for what our country was.....not what it's become in recent years.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Right now....in my opinion......our military is darn lucky anyone signs up. They have made our citizenship worthless. Fight and die for this country while they are busy selling us out to the cheapest bidder? Thank heavens we have those who are fighting for what our country was.....not what it's become in recent years.
    I don't know why anybody signs up for the military? Why fight for America when our leaders are selling our country out to the lowest bidder. The thought of our soldiers dying while Mexico is stealing our country and turning it into a third world lawless society, makes me sick!

A $5,000 fine and learn English and I don't think illegals even want it at that price.

Read the part about "loss of citizenship". That part struck me.
    "