Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What in the world is wrong with Americans?

I just don't get this! I have tried to discuss this topic and the recent bill that the senate just passed and people don't want to talk about it, nor do they want to know about this. They just pass me off as a nut case if I try to talk to them about this problem. What in the world is wrong with them? This is just crazy!

Everyone I talk to is very vocal on the subject. They even go as far as using racial slurs. Statements like "Deport every last one of those MOD EDIT "Cut off there free benefits and the problem fixes itself", "We should have scooped them all up during the protest with a couple front loader bulldozers and loaded up a barge and pulled it out to sea" and the list goes on. No shortage of words on the subject here. But at the same time no one is doing anything except complaining about it.

Everywhere I go, when I meet strangers and they ask what I do.... 4 out of 5 times they thank me when I tell them.

I simply say "I'm working with a national organization that is trying to have our borders secured and to stop illegal immigration."

Some say "Thank God!"

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What I have started doing is giving people a little bit at a time. Then when they show interest, I show them something that will get under their skin. The last two people I woke up took about 2 weeks, and one took 5 minutes. I think you just have to keep the subject in their face until they bite. Kind of like fishing.

silly question but is there any way to get the MSM back on track. They are suppose to be the watchdogs of the government... the fourth estate

Would approaching the publishers of these outlets do any good? Stupid question I suppose but I think the answer to the question

what is wrong with Americans? is that for the most part they are simply not informed.
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

I have always heard this about the people that live in the state I live in, they are very good at sweeping things under the table and sticking their heads in the sand on every issue. That is why we have been stuck with this senator that needs to go for 30 years. They just want to stick their heads in the sand and pretend nothing is going on.

Besides writing and calling our Reps what can we do? There is a lot of anger brewing out there and still we do nothing. Our politicians and major media outlets muzzle us.

Political correctness has taken over in this country like it is nobody's business. I think people are afraid to say what they feel. If they do they may be called a name.

We are a group of very soft and very strong people. We are stubborn and we are spoiled. Freedom isn't easy and too many people just want to be secure now and the idea of freedom is lost on them.

We may just be beaten down by our government. They raise our taxes and buy votes with our labor. Are we becoming immune or just feeling helpless? Maybe we are more downtrodden then we realize.

There is also the more afluent members of society. You have the victim class, the middle class, and the afluent. The boundries between these classes become fuzzy. Anyway, the more afluent ones are insulated from a lot of this and because of political correctness and the need to sound compassionate they refuse to listen to what is going on.

I would think that the Environmentalists, Feminists, etc. would be outspoken on this issue. Especially the women.

We will all be effected by this. I have already been in some very unpleasant ways. I really fear for a crash in the economy.

I also wonder just how in touch or out of touch our politicians really are. They have to see the crime numbers. Be aware of the multi-family housing issues. Have heard from local law enforcement and the strains they are having. And have heard from the welfare offices. They must be aware of this and I just don't understand it.

We are close to a Constitutional crisis if we aren't already in one. Who we elect is so important. I could never stress that enough. Unfortunately once again the Television will once again try and force what you should think the issues are and offer you too choices. We must be informed, we must educate, and we MUST clean the government toilet!!
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Everywhere I go, when I meet strangers and they ask what I do.... 4 out of 5 times they thank me when I tell them.

I simply say "I'm working with a national organization that is trying to have our borders secured and to stop illegal immigration."

Some say "Thank God!"

W

But W, they need to stand up too. Maybe not in the same capacity as you, but at least vocalize and not hide.

This country is all of our responsibility and we shouldn't leave it up to just a few people.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

A big part of it is the sanitized for their protection poopola fed to everyone disguised as the evening news on most TV stations. Until recently, Southern California TV stations refused to use the term Illegal Alien in favor of "Undocumented Immigrent". I believe that a big email push against their advertisers changed their minds. The advertisers are the key, let them know how you feel about the way their spending their advertising dollars. I tell them because they choose to advertize on "XYZ News" who will not carry fair and unbias coverage, I just can't look at their products in the same way nor buy any of them. It is a combined effort on many fronts, but collectively WE can sieze our country back!
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

sawdust,

You beat me to it. I was going to say, it depends on the state you live in. Here in the south, white Americans have been conditioned into "white guilt". We are not susposed to speak of racial matters. So instead of running the risk of being called a racist, they are silent and afraid to say anything to anyone. Sometimes even to their family members because they will turn on them. My husband called me a racist and he of all people should know better. He just can't deal with me taking a stand. He would rather that I stay under the rock, with the ear plugs and blinders on. Ironically, he feels the same way I do but he hasn't got the nerve to stand up and say so. Some people are so worried about their immage being tarnished... Also, in TX some people are scared because of retaliation so they don't speak up in public. See how complex it can be?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast