Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What is wrong with Americans being Americans?

America is the greatest country in the world. Everyone wants to live here because of our freedoms and wealth. Almost everyone on welfare and Government Assistance has a color TV and cable so I wonder why so many people have trouble saying they are American. If you ask most people what they are you will hear Italian, Greek, German, Japanese or African American and on and on.
    The problem I have is that just about all of these people were born in America, maybe their grandparents or great grandparents were born in another country and African Americans have in most cases not had a relative from Africa in over five generations. So my question is how can they call themselves anything but Americans.
    Remember what Teddy Roosevelt said,
    *"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907*

I think if we want to turn this country back around the first thing we need to do is see where our loyalty stands and start remembering that WE ARE AMERICANS!!
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

Re: What is wrong with Americans being Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by wmarincic
    America is the greatest country in the world. Everyone wants to live here because of our freedoms and wealth. Almost everyone on welfare and Government Assistance has a color TV and cable so I wonder why so many people have trouble saying they are American. If you ask most people what they are you will hear Italian, Greek, German, Japanese or African American and on and on.
    The problem I have is that just about all of these people were born in America, maybe their grandparents or great grandparents were born in another country and African Americans have in most cases not had a relative from Africa in over five generations. So my question is how can they call themselves anything but Americans.
    Remember what Teddy Roosevelt said,
    *"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907*

I think if we want to turn this country back around the first thing we need to do is see where our loyalty stands and start remembering that WE ARE AMERICANS!!
    I AM AN AMERICAN AND VERY PROUD OF IT.

MY ANCESTORS WERE IRISH, GERMAN AND AMERICAN INDIAN.....AND I AM VERY PROUD OF THEM ALSO.

BUT THE FACT REMAINS THAT I AM NOT IRISH, GERMAN OR AMERICAN INDIAN. I AM AN AMERICAN.

IT DOES NOT REALLY MATTER WHERE MY ANCESTORS WERE BORN. THAT WAS THEM, NOT ME.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We now have over 300 million people of who 1/3 are foreign born, our schools do not teach patriotism, and in truth feel its wrong to show the flag or be proud of America. We are facing tough times much in part due to uncontrolled immigration, outsourcing,lost of manufacturing, nation building, trade deficits however much could be corrected if we insist those who come here must swear loyalty to the flag and this country otherwise pack up and go home. enough is enough, no country can survive this path that the liberal left have chosen for us.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    We now have over 300 million people of who 1/3 are foreign born, our schools do not teach patriotism, and in truth feel its wrong to show the flag or be proud of America. We are facing tough times much in part due to uncontrolled immigration, outsourcing,lost of manufacturing, nation building, trade deficits however much could be corrected if we insist those who come here must swear loyalty to the flag and this country otherwise pack up and go home. enough is enough, no country can survive this path that the liberal left have chosen for us.
    Amen!
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy