Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What Was Wrong With The Last Major Raid.

I sat here in my chair, like I do many days, reading the politicos and the daily ramblings and musings of mere idiots. Then a simple page refresh on Yahoo! news revealed that 600 illegal aliens had been rounded up in a plant in Mississippi.

Unfortunately the news was wired by the AP so my first thought was to skip the details and revel in the fact that ICE is still out there doing their job (although it would take another 20,000 similar raids to get the rest of the illegal aliens out).

However, it was still early and I had some time to kill so I began reading the article. Like most of you I find it hard to stomach AP articles on immigration. They quickly go from the facts to some sob story about how the schools were empty because parents were scared etc etc.. just the same old AP garbage they always say.

But then a tantalizing tidbit exploded out of the screen and smacked me square in the head. Something that could signal we are on the verge of revisiting the 19th century in terms of labor.

Stuffed clear at the bottom the AP article after about 6 paragraphs of whining and sob interviews says and I paraphrase "some of the illegal workers were minors under 18".

Thats right folks, illegal immigration is bringing us to new lows in our 'progressive' view on cheap labor we are now employing illegal alien children OPENLY and ... AND... this is the important part. THESE ACTS ARE BEING ENCOURAGED BY CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE, SANCTUARY CITIES, BUSINESS EXECS, and POLITICIANS LIKE BARAK OBAMA.

We as people should not be regressing back to 19th century labor practicis and encouraging them. We should be progressive in our labor policies. And that means ENFORCING THE FREAKING RULES!

Stop child labor, stop illegal labor.

p.s. was I the only person gleeful that a union guy tipped ICE off and that is what lead to this raid?

p.s. was I the only person gleeful that a union guy tipped ICE off and that is what lead to this raid?
    I don't think so dragon5 . I was smiling from ear to ear reading the early evening update that said , "The American workers Cheered and clapped as the Arrested worker's (Illegals) were lead out the plant ."
    But even this is a double edge sword . if obama-snob gets in office . the unions are going to change their way of enrollment and doing business to benefit the dem's. Thats my guess why the Illegals where driven off , Not union members . Huge cash flow for the DNP and the union and still screw the worker . But you must join now , or else
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

ELE

Every day illegals are deported is a good day!

Dragon, you certainly are not alone. I wanted to throw a party to celebrate.....hooray 600 less illegals for us to deal with! Yes!

And I began fantasizing ( this is not rated X, don't worry, I'm a PG kind of gal)....my fantasy was that ICE came to the "Sanctuary city" where I live and removed all the illegals ! Ah, heaven!

Yes, I applaud ICE’s efforts and talk back to the liberal news media that spews out SOB stories about how the poor illegals have been torn away from their families by the mean ICE agents ……nonsense!

We know the true victims have been the American people….but “we the peopleâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Stuffed clear at the bottom the AP article after about 6 paragraphs of whining and sob interviews says and I paraphrase "some of the illegal workers were minors under 18".

Thats right folks, illegal immigration is bringing us to new lows in our 'progressive' view on cheap labor we are now employing illegal alien children OPENLY and ... AND... this is the important part. THESE ACTS ARE BEING ENCOURAGED BY CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE, SANCTUARY CITIES, BUSINESS EXECS, and POLITICIANS LIKE BARAK OBAMA.
    I just wanted to re-emphasize that. I don't my kids (when i have them) growing up in a world that encourages and abates child labor here in the USA.

the child labor thing does not look good.
    but i also have problems with them allowing so many people oiut on humanitarian purposes. i have to wonder how many will show up and how many will just leave the area, or state

i seem to recall detention centers that are set up for families.
    why were they not put in these places

AE

dragon, I have been able to read little and watch little of the news lately, and this is the first I have heard of this huge raid. All I have to say is WOOHOO!!!!!!

So, the child labor thing. Let me tell you a little story. Out here in the NW, when I and my siblings were kids, there were tons of berry farmers. Almost all the kids in a 100 mile radius picked berries in the summer for money, we were hardly an exception.

Then the liberals in our state made it a no-no for the parents to drop the kids off for even half a day (which is what ours did) to pick berries, no the parents had to be with them. This pretty much eliminated the kids from the berry fields as many fathers and mothers worked full time (as mine both did) and could not be out there with us.

Then the illegals started filing into do the jobs. Now if any Americans go out to pick berries, there have been stories of getting harassed by the illegals, and to make matters more of a slap in the face, they will bring their kids to pick also, and the parents keep the money (I know people in the farming industry here who watch this happen).

The illegals do not mind child labor, and likely neither do the greedy employers. The liberals, it seems, look the other way so long as it is a non-American.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

BAD enough to exploit ADULT workers, but to exploit CHILD labor?! These employers are WORSE than I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    BAD enough to exploit ADULT workers, but to exploit CHILD labor?! These employers are WORSE than I thought!
    Oh yea, joazinha, they'd pile us into slavery if they had their druthers!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's very encourgaging to see the increased inforcement of our immigration laws at the workplace,but my concern is that after this administration leaves office,raids on illegal workers and illegal employers will be a thing of the past,because of the fact that both of our Presidential candidates have vowed to reward illegal aliens with legelization and or citizenship.What few raids we get between now and Jan.09 will more than likely be all we'll get.At least they will likely be greatly curtailed if not eliminated altogether.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast