Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What's up? Gas Prices!

Well, well. It's only been 4 days since the election and gas is creeping up 3-6 cents at stations everywhere. Of course there is some complicated report somewhere to try to prove this is due to something other than the elections but I'm not buying it. It's SO OBVIOUS!!!
    Where's that tinfoil?
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

7-10 cents a gallon TWO days after election here in Nashville area.

Tinfoil hats right here... pass them around folks.

Seriously... a couple days is not enough. Lets talk in a couple months.

Even more here. We where at $2.07. The carwash/with gas sign showed $1.98 -which looked sooo cheap. Shortly after the election we are back to $2.25. More so in the wealthier suburbs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's up 20 cents in my town since Tuesday. Maybe this is payback for Democrats getting elected and their "alternative to oil energy policy".

Since the last thread was so much fun,

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=41145

I wanted to renew the discussion. I am queen of the tinfoil! :P

Adjusting my tinfoil.....hummm.....Maybe it's payback, so the Republicans can say, "see only 2 days with the Democrats and gas starts soaring upward."

Banned
    Again, it cannot be "payback," as oil and gasoline prices are not set by some board of bigwigs somewhere, but rather are affected by free market trade in a worldwide market. Heck, if you have the money to go out and buy some oil futures, you too can have a hand in determining its price.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Again, it cannot be "payback," as oil and gasoline prices are not set by some board of bigwigs somewhere, but rather are affected by free market trade in a worldwide market. Heck, if you have the money to go out and buy some oil futures, you too can have a hand in determining its price.
    CG- without a doubt you are the smartest person on this board. But don't you think the timing is a little ironic?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    CG- without a doubt you are the smartest person on this board. But don't you think the timing is a little ironic?
    No, I do not. Major political swings always have economic consequences, particularly when we are talking about commodities that are subject to international intrigue. Uncertainty breeds concern, and concern fuels speculative buying. Questions as to how the Democrat majority will manage ME affairs were bound to cause such nervousness, which is manifested in the market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast