Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

dxd

Where does Senator Frist stand on Guest Worker Amnesty?

This is from his VOLPAC website:

http://volpac.org/index.cfm?FuseAction= ... ssue_id=11

Border Security

Somewhere on the Texas/Mexico border, hundreds of immigrants will enter our country tonight. And they’ll do so illegally.

The scariest part?

We have absolutely NO idea what they’ll do tomorrow … on U.S. soil.

Over 330 million non-citizens cross into our borders each year; many of them illegally. It is estimated that 10 million people now live in the United States without proper legal documentation.

This poses a dire humanitarian threat – and indeed a dangerous national security threat.

Just a few weeks ago, I was down on the Texas border in the Rio Grande Valley. That night, over 400 illegal immigrants and 200 pounds of marijuana were seized crossing the border.

But you had to wonder … how many more slipped through unseen?

Make no mistake, we’re a nation founded by immigrants. But we’re also a nation founded on the rule of LAW.

And when people don’t respect the law, it’s our job to enforce it.

We’re on the right track.

We recently passed a bill in the Senate that provides unprecedented funding for border protection. This bill bolsters our defenses by providing for an additional 1,000 border patrol agents and nearly $10 billion alone for border security efforts.

But this was just the first step.

We must continue to improve the personnel, the technology and the infrastructure which defends our borders.

In a post 9/11 world, a country that can’t control its own borders and ports of entry can’t control its own destiny.
    END
    THAT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT whether or not he supports or opposes guest worker amnesty for illegal aliens in the country.

Furthermore in his speech at CPAC 2-10-06 he says:

http://www.volpac.org/index.cfm?FuseAct ... &Year=2006

"That’s the difference between us and them.
    We KNOW what we believe"

Well what about guest worker amnesty Senator Frist????

He goes onto to say about activist judges,"As if to say to the PEOPLE: “I know what’s best for America, not you."

Well Senator Frist the PEOPLE do not want to be invaded by illegal aliens and the PEOPLE do not want guest worker amnesty for illegal aliens.

If anyone has found a source where he has declared his support or opposition for guest worker amnesty please post it because VOLPAC has not defined his position and it really should because it is his website!

Banned
    On Friday, I spent 20 minutes on the phone with one of his folks in DC trying to get a straight answer about that very question. When I asked about amnesty, the answer was "No amnesty". When I asked about 'guest workers', the answer was "I don't know'.

Two-faced, lying SOB's

I found this speech on the Senators website. Pay attention to the bold-faced type a few paraghraphs down. Although immigration reform is the hottest topic out there for them to vote on, he never mentions it by name in the list of "'other pressing issues". However, I believe the phrase I emboldened is Bush Speak for the guestworker program.

Yes, he is adamantly against "amnesty". His aids will tell you that like little trained parrots, but they won't discuss the guestworker program. If he were against it, he would have trained his parrots to give that information proudly, don't you think?

http://frist.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseA ... ech_id=337

Speeches

FRIST STATEMENT ON USA PATRIOT ACT
    Floor Statement -- Remarks As Prepared For Delivery

February 16th, 2006 - Mr. President, today, we are going to clear another hurdle on our way to making America safer from terrorism.

Tuesday night, cloture was filed on the motion to proceed to S. 2271, the USA PATRIOT Act Additional Reauthorizing Amendments Act of 2006.

Today, I expect the Senate to invoke cloture with an overwhelming bipartisan vote, end debate on this motion to proceed, and start debating the actual bill.

Sound complicated? Unfortunately, there’s a reason.

Once again, the other side is deliberately throwing up roadblock after roadblock, and demanding unnecessary procedural steps to hinder the reauthorization of law enforcement’s #1 terrorist fighting tool: the USA Patriot Act.

If the delays would change the outcome, perhaps these obstructionist tactics might be reasonable. But the outcome of this bill is not in any doubt.

The Patriot Act will pass with overwhelming bipartisan support. This is delay for delay’s sake. And the American people are paying the price.

Because of these delays, it’s taking longer for us to address other pressing issues, like making health care more affordable and accessible, our economy more competitive and productive, and our government more transparent and accountable through lobbying reform. ...
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Banned
    Definitely Bushspeak! I can smell it from here!

Just sent the Senator another e-mail. Do you think I was a little too soft?

Dear Senator Frist,

I would like to ask you not to add any guestworker language to HR4437. We need enforcement first, before we can discuss a guestworker program.

Your aids say that you are against amnesty. Please show that you are truly against another amnesty by refusing to add a guestworker program. Any guestworker program that allows people already here illegally to remain here working for the employers that hired and paid them illegally is UNACCEPTABLE to the American Worker and IS an amnesty.

I understand that you plan to try for the Presidential nomination. Let me caution you that Mr. Bush has LOST his support among grassroots Republicans. Only the top RNC leaders are keeping him afloat for their own personal reasons. The people are not fooled by that. We will NOT support anyone for President that has been towing the Bush line.

There is a movement among the disenfranchised grassroots Republicans to VOTE AGAINST EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN come November IF A GUESTWORKER PROGRAM IS FORCED DOWN OUR THROATS.

We will return a Democratic Congress to Washington, where Mr. Bush can be impeached as he so richly deserves.

We did not elect Republicans to office so they could give away America to foreigners and rob the treasuries of our country to make their rich friends more powerful. The sitting Republicans are going to see who really runs this country.

May I remind you all that you are PUBLIC SERVANTS. You in the Republican Party had best start listening to your bosses and listening well. Because you are all very close to being FIRED.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

dxd
    The senate majority leader is in a unique position in that he decides how a bill is brought to the floor.

If we can verify that Frist has stated that he opposes guest worker amnesty and supports enforcement only then we can call on him to bring an enforcement only bill to the floor using a parlimentary procedure known as tree and cloture(aka filling the tree, aka treeing the bill) so that no guest worker amnesty amendments can be offered. He would still need 60 votes to invoke cloture.

On a more savvy note, the word is that when Lott was ousted, Bush hand picked Frist. If this is so, then Frist is Bush's hand picked sap and will do whatever Bush says, which will be to get guest worker amnesty through the senate. We will see.

dxd
    DcSA,
    RE:Just sent the Senator another e-mail. Do you think I was a little too soft?

I think it was GREAT!! You hit the key points!

dxd
    For those who prefer faxes, the fax number for VOLPAC is:

Fax 1-615-386-3041

Over 330 million non-citizens cross into our borders each year; many of them illegally. It is estimated that 10 million people now live in the United States without proper legal documentation.
    330 million a year?? This has to be a misprint. 330 thousand, maybe.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    That's 330 million VISITORS, and that figure is correct. The VAST majority of visitors are GOOD guests. They go home before the lights go out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast