Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cheyenne,

Don't you just love loaded questions? That's how this whole topic got started.

Tell me why the most outspoken critics of the Senate bill were republicans?
    dxd avoided your question and decided to tell us a story about a day on the Senate floor instead. I'll tell you what I think Cheyenne.

Here is my theory, the Republicans outsmarted the Democrats. They let the D's pack all that outrageous amnesty they wanted into S2611 so it would really make America mad at the Democrats that introduced and pushed the amnesty packed amendments. The Republicans gave them all the rope they wanted and the suckers took it. Nothing better to watch happen than self defeat. The D's are carrying the blame for S2611 and they should. I'm sure the R's in the know are laughing their tails off.
    Like CrocketG said,
    There is no chance that the Senate bill will pass. It is dead.
    dxd, you are so obvious. How much time have you spent finding questions to go with your talking points and diagramed arguments? We are on to you. You can not manipulate us into playing along with your questions and you are not going to trap us with your ploys. You need to go find a dumber board for that.

Some people just don't know when they are "whipped".

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Cheyenne,

Don't you just love loaded questions? That's how this whole topic got started.

dxd, you are so obvious. How much time have you spent finding questions to go with your talking points and diagramed arguments? We are on to you. You can not manipulate us into playing along with your questions and you are not going to trap us with your ploys. You need to go find a dumber board for that.

Some people just don't know when they are "whipped".

Dixie
    Dixie, you right

dxd:

dxd
    Is everyone on the same subject here?
    S2611 is the Republican Hagel/Martinez bill.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dxd
    Is everyone on the same subject here?
    S2611 is the Republican Hagel/Martinez bill.
    Aren't you even reading the responses, DNC... I mean DXD? You certainly aren't rebutting them...

Crocket, That's a good one.

Cheyenne, Save what's left of that horse because I think we are going to need it some more.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dxd
    Dixie,
    RE:You can not manipulate us into playing along with your questions and you are not going to trap us with your ploys. You need to go find a dumber board for that.

FYI I did not write the senate or house rules. I was just stating some. But if you agree with the poster that said that you can bring a bill to the floor of senate for a vote with a simple majority(like in the House with a Discharge Petition) of senators, why would you tell me to look for a dumber board?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dxd
    Dixie,
    RE:You can not manipulate us into playing along with your questions and you are not going to trap us with your ploys. You need to go find a dumber board for that.

FYI I did not write the senate or house rules. I was just stating some. But if you agree with the poster that said that you can bring a bill to the floor of senate for a vote with a simple majority(like in the House with a Discharge Petition) of senators, why would you tell me to look for a dumber board?
    Your commentary in this post is utterly irrelevant to the issue at hand. It appears that you don't even have a credible red herring at your disposal.

Specifically, the procedure for bringing a bill to the floor is irrelevant to the motivation for bringing a given bill to the floor. Several comments have been made relative to the motive for giving this bill a vote, yet you have continued to issue only smokescreens rather than rebutting the counter-arguments provided. Are you afraid of honest debate? That certainly appears to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Cheyenne, Save what's left of that horse because I think we are going to need it some more.

Dixie
    Oh, I'm pretty sure there are a lot more out there!!

I'm starting to think I'm not proficient in English. Sump'n not rite 'bout left.

Thanks CG for the assist! Exactly what I was thinking.

Hold your fly swarming horses Cheyenne, your going to need them.

Here you go dxd. I did you a favor so please tell us some more stories about the Republicans. I included all the R's and D's for you.

S.2611
    Title: A bill to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Sen Specter, Arlen [PA] R (introduced 4/7/2006)
    Cosponsors (6)
    Related Bills: H.R.4437, S.2454, S.2612
    Latest Major Action: 5/25/2006 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Passed Senate with amendments by Yea-Nay Vote. 62 - 36. Record Vote Number: 157.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    COSPONSORS(6), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)
    Sen Brownback, Sam [KS] - 4/7/2006 R
    Sen Graham, Lindsey [SC] - 4/7/2006 R
    Sen Hagel, Chuck [NE] - 4/7/2006 R
    Sen Kennedy, Edward M. [MA] - 4/7/2006 D
    Sen Martinez, Mel [FL] - 4/7/2006 R
    Sen McCain, John [AZ] - 4/7/2006 D-R

How did big D Teddy get on such a Republican band wagon? Do tell.

Dixie

Banned
    Dixie, don't fault yourself for the comprehension problems of the opposition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast