Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

White guilt in Nebraska legislature

Can only be one way to label the vermin in the Nebraska state legislature who voted to allow ILLEGAL ALIENS to receive in-state college tuition rates....

and, in my seldom humble opinion, that label has to be

TRAITOROUS!!!!!!!!

TRAITORS to the American way.

Suppose a wounded veteran, perhaps missing one or more limbs, decides that the University of Nebraska has the best academic program for his wants/needs and that veteran comes here from another state.

Well, until he or she has been here long enough to establish residency.... they will pay the higher out-of-state tuition.

Meanwhile, the ILLEGAL ALIEN pays much less.

When will the military learn that we, the common folks are on their side while the elite's political system is their enemy?

When will the military decide to follow the masses and fight for freedom.

I note the retired generals lambasting Rumsfeld. Could the embers of (can't say that word here) be smoldering..... awaiting a few more sparks before the fires of (omitted) break out in flames.

Did I miss something? Did in-state tuition for illegals just pass in Nebraska or is this one of the 9 states that had it already?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bill proposed to provide in-state tuition to immigrants

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/media/sto ... raskan.com

Bill proposed to provide in-state tuition to immigrants
    By: KATIE BACKMAN
    Issue date: 4/12/06 Section: News

Senators advanced a bill Tuesday that would allow undocumented immigrants living in Nebraska to pay the in-state tuition rate at state colleges and universities.

LB239 moved to final reading with a 26-19 vote, which puts it one step away from the governor's desk. The bill requires students to do the following:

n Live in the state for three years with their parents.

n Graduate from high school or receive a document equivalent to a diploma.

n Officially declare plans to pursue citizenship.

Sen. DiAnna Schimek of Lincoln proposed LB239 because some students have to pay out-of-state tuition when they live in Nebraska. Paying more money typically discourages students from seeking higher education, Schimek said.

Students who can't afford to pay for higher education could end up holding dead-end jobs.

``Our economy would benefit to see a need for those jobs in this century,'' Schimek said. ``We're going to be hurting for skilled workers in this state in the next 20 years.''

If the bill passes, she said it could initially allow about 130 students to pay in-state tuition.

But Sen. Doug Cunningham of Wausa opposes the bill because he said students or parents who are undocumented immigrants could be considered illegal.

``I don't think we should reward the word `illegal' in any way,'' Cunningham said.

And Sen. Mike Flood of Norfolk deemed this bill as sidestepping federal regulations because it touches on immigration laws.

But Schimek disagreed, saying senators shouldn't confuse citizenship with being a resident of a state who pays in-state tuition rates. She encouraged senators to approve the bill because University of Nebraska President J.B. Milliken and the NU Board of Regents have voiced their approval of the bill, she said.

``We aren't talking about criminals; these are kids,'' Schimek said, adding that if students want to pursue higher education, they should be able to pay in-state tuition.

Sen. Ray Aguilar of Grand Island agreed that some undocumented immigrants aren't criminals but high school students.

``They did absolutely nothing to violate the law knowingly,'' he said. ``They had no choice; their parents wanted them here, and they will not hitchhike back across the border.''

Referring to this week's peaceful rallies opposing immigration laws, Cunningham said he was offended to hear people chanting in a foreign language and waving several other countries' flags.

Aguilar scolded Cunningham for those comments because many relatives or distant ancestors of the Wausa senator have probably spoken in foreign languages.

The different flags at the marches just show that people are not just coming from nearby countries but from around the world, he said.

``Many people in the United States make the assumption that everyone who is illegal are Latino,'' Aguilar said. ``And they're also wrong to think that they're all from Mexico.''
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm wondering just how widely the little club of latinos who formed a pool of money to get their own people into as many government slots as possible has spread.

I have a feeling that this is how this stuff happens. Either that or the people in public offices are being extorted worse than we realize and we need to help them fight it.

We need to look into that.

I don't have time this week but maybe next.

And we need to start making sure we vote them back out again and police the polling places to make sure that people who are voting are legal voters as well.

According to the pro-invasion Omaha World-Herald the state legislature PASSED the bill allowing in-state tuition for illegals.

Hi,
    I have been reading the message boards on this site for awhile now and have never posted, but I just had to post on this one. I am from Nebraska. It really makes me mad that this bill passed. I watched our legislature debate this issue and basically anyone who opposed this bill were attacked and called racist. I am amazed that our legislature overrode the governers veto on this bill. I cannot understand how they can justify in state tuition for children of illegal aliens, yet there are many people who live outside of our state and are citizens of our country that cannot afford to attend our universities. I would rather see those people get the tuition breaks. Our elected officials just cannot seem to comprehend that these people are here "illegally". That means they are breaking the law, and we are rewarding them for doing it. The arguement was that we should not punish the children of these illegal immigrants, because they did not choose to be brought here. In otherwords, don't punish the children for the sins of their parents. I can understand that, but that is a family matter that these children need to take up with their parents who brought them here. It shouldn't be up to us to make it easier for them to get an education in our state. It was also said that these people are all just trying to make a better life for their families. Again, I understand that, but so are the rest of us that are citizens of this country. The strain that illegal immigration is putting on our citizens is making it harder for all of us to make a living for OUR families. One side of my family immegrated here through Ellis Island 3 generations ago. They did so legally. They were PROUD to become American citizens. They did not feel that they should have everything just handed to them. They learned English, and taught their children English. There were no ESL classes then. If you didn't speak English then you were out of luck. Noone handed them an education. My grandfather joined the army and fought in WWII and recieved his education as a result of the GI bill. He didn't just get a handout. I have never understood how you can enter the United States illegally and send your children to American schools, recieve medicaid, foodstamps, and things like in state tuition to our universities, yet LEGAL citizens oftentimes cannot get the same benefits. Don't they ask these people for PROOF that they are citizens of the United States? I thought you needed to have proof to recieve those kinds of benefits. I know that this is a long rant, but I watch what is happening with on the Federal level and also in my state and I wonder are we fighting a loosing battle. It is starting to feel that way. I guess I will quit my ranting now, I just had to speak up on this one since it happened in my own state. I also appoligize for any spelling mistakes. I don't see a spell check on here anywhere.

The bad news is that they will get tuition breaks American citizens are not entitled to. The good news is they'll be corn-huskers. Just kidding not even Nebraska deserves this.

In otherwords, don't punish the children for the sins of their parents. I can understand that, but that is a family matter that these children need to take up with their parents who brought them here.
    Exactly, they need to ask their parents for the answer. I'm sure our kids are going to be asking us if we don't try to do something to stop them from having to compete for college educations with people who don't even belong here.

Legislators who only see the underdog only serve to switch the pecking order, not create equality.

Why does everyone seem to think we are 'punishing' these people?

It isn't punishment to simply deny them what belongs to someone else.

It isn't punishment to send them back to their homeland - where they belong.

Yes, Mexico is poor, but we have a lot of poor people here in America and more becoming poor every day.

Those who have been here a while will go home with some saved money, educated kids, kids born with no cost to them, and great healthcare.

They will be healthier, wealthier and wiser.

Somehow, that just doesn't seem like 'punishment' to me.

Damn! If we had only known about this BEFORE they voted. Where is HUSKER? Have not seen him in quite some time, isnt he in Nebraska?

We need to know how and why ALIPAC missed this one folks. This fight should have been brought to our attention in our News section before they voted. Perhaps it was and perhaps I and everyone else missed it.

Did anyone else here know this fight was going down? Could have just been me?

This breaks our winning streak against this type of insane legislation.

W