Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just my thinking --

The real elites - the ones who pull the strings - are not visible to us and their names might mean nothing. These are the ones with all the money, the knowledge of where the bodies are buried and the ones who make the decisions.

Then there are the elected elites - some of these are members of the real elites. I think the Bushes might be or think they are. They may, however, just be pawns in the big picture.

The elected who think they are elites are just being used - they may be rich in their own right - or they may have become rich off pork and payoffs - but push comes to shove - they are in the muck with the rest of us. That is unless they have made some arrangements.

Then there are the ones who think they are elite - such as the celebrities. They are allowed to spend their money, make their speeches and are fawned over as long as they are doing what the powers that be want. Otherwise, I think they are basically ignored.
    Celebrities aren't really liberal or conservative - but then who is these days - they are just mostly emptyheaded, easily lead, and rich.

Then there are the big business elites - some of them are the real deal -

Business is the enemy in this fight - at least it is the enemy we can see.
    It is also the enemy we can fight - if we decide.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Here's a good example of a globalist spewing poison. Maybe we could find out who he works for

Rant Here
    Probably George Soros! I wish we could rip away his citizenship papers.

From what I read, he's the one responsible for bringing in that Chinese car, Chery here...assembled in Mexico and sent here.

The elite? They are the ones in the WTO, the U.N., think tanks, our government has given these people too much power.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

The real 'elites' are the ones who tell the WTO, the UN and the 'think tanks' what to think and do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let me give a plug for a book written by a solid progressive type (not of the clueless variety, but of someone in the vein of Bernie Sanders or the like...)

Check out "Democracy for the Few" by Michael Parenti.
    The first edition was published in the early to mid 80's, and it has been updated with a second edition more recently.

The book outlines the way the US political 'machine' works - and, of course, $$$ is the ultimate root of the problem. The power and influence of business is disproportionately represented [tolerated?] in our system, and as he suggests, removing or greatly reducing business lobbying and money contributions into the system is one of the real keys to return the government back into the 'hand of the people'.

One of the first and most obvious 'reforms' that could and SHOULD be done, is to no longer allow a corporation to enjoy the legal status and rights of a person [citizen]. A corporation is simple an administrative entity representing a collection of investors/managers/etc. - and should never have given status equal to a living person [citizen].
    [Of course, the roots of this problem lie in having overpaid lawyers cleverly parse legal language in laws to 'get around' certain problems business people deem "inconvenient".... sound familiar?]

This book was used as a text for an course I took in college [undergraduate]. I found it a rather eye-opening and compelling read at the time, and every so often, break it out and re-read certain sections just as a reminder of what average people [citizens] in America are up against.

Trivial question: anybody know how many times the word 'corporation' appears in the Constitution?

Quote Originally Posted by cousinsal
    "Elites" are those who want to make decisions for other citizens because they have money, and their decisions are not based upon the REAL world where people have to live next door to 5 families of illegals in one house. They're terribly PC. They have NO CLUE about how people are living in the United States and how illegal immigration affects us. They're in gated communities, fly their private jets, don't have to go to "bad" areas of town, etc.
    Disgusting.
    Yes, that would be them. Some are dangerous subversives, others are simply the insulated acting on a twisted sort of noblesse oblige. I don't know how you can touch these people, so smug and self-congratulatory they are. Their qualities are evident in the arrogant rant that loservillelabor posted. By the way, just what is a progressive, and what are they progressing toward? I asked one(self-described) once, and he was obviously stumped by the question. How can we trust those who can't even define or defend their position? I think they simply live by the motto, "if it ain't broke, break it".

We should start publicly ridiculing these people everytime they spout their nonsense, lampooning all their sacred cows. Noone likes to be made fun of, even the high and mighty. The ones with more sinister motives need to be constantly exposed by whatever means we have at our disposal.

Thank you zeezil, Brothers and Sisters, way to come through.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12