Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Who Switched Sides From the June Amnesty Vote?

WHO SWITCHED SIDES FROM THE JUNE AMNESTY VOTE?

The final cloture vote for the Comprehensive Amnesty in June was 46-53. The amnesty side fell 14 votes short.

Today, it was only 8 votes short.

Here is what was different today:

---------------
    TO THE BAD SIDE

8 Democrats switched to pro-amnesty after voting AGAINST the amnesty in June.

Bayh (D-Ind).
    Bingaman (D-N.M.)
    Brown (D-Ohio)
    Harkin (D-Iowa)
    Nelson (D-Neb.)
    Rockefeller (D-W.Va.)
    Stabenow (D-Mich.)
    Webb (D-Va.)

They need your faxes of chastisement in hopes that they may return to the anti-illegal fold on the next votes. However, they are establishing a bad pattern. All of them voted last week in favor of sanctuary cities being able to refuse to cooperate in identifying illegal aliens within their boundaries. Any good will from their NO vote on the June amnety is fading fast.

----------------
    TO THE GOOD SIDE

1 Democrat switched to our side against the amnesty after voting FOR the June amnesty.

Conrad (D-N.D.)

This is an extremely welcome development. His fellow North Dakota Democratic Senator, Dorgan, has been one of our finest allies in protecting American workers from unfair foreign labor. But Sen. Conrad usually votes on the other side. He is not up for re-election next year. On the face of it, this switch would seem to be more about generally realligning with where the people of North Dakota are.

-----------------
    TO THE BAD SIDE

1 Democrat who didn't vote in June voted FOR this amnesty.

Johnson (D-S.D.)

-----------------
    TO THE BAD SIDE

1 Independent switched to pro-amnesty after voting AGAINST the June amnesty.

Sanders (I-Vt.)

------------------
    TO THE BAD SIDE

5 Republicans switched to pro-amnesty after voting AGAINST the June Amnesty.

Brownback (R-Kan.)
    Coleman (R-Minn.)
    Collins (R-Maine)
    Hatch (R-Utah)
    Hutchison (R-Texas)

Brownback began to vote somewhat better on immigration once he entered the Presidential campaign and started talking to voters especially in Iowa. But he dropped out of the race last week. So, it appears he will go back to his championship for illegal immigration and foreign workers that he demonstrated before he started looking for votes nationally.

They all need your faxes of chastisement in hopes that they may return to the anti-illegal fold on the next votes.

-------------------
    TO THE GOOD SIDE

4 Republicans switched to our side against the amnesty after voting FOR the June amnesty.

Graham (R-S.C.)
    Gregg(R-N.H.)
    Kyl (R-Ariz.)
    Specter (R-Pa.)

Those of you in those four states really hammered these Senators for their pro-amnesty votes in June. I think all four of them are wanting to have at least a somewhat different profile on immigration. This is the beinning of what may be a long path of rehabilitation. Let's hope so.

-------------------
    HELPED US BY NOT VOTING

On a cloture vote requiring 60 votes, not showing up to vote has the same effect as voting NO. So we appreciated the fact that the following did not vote today. All four voted FOR the June amnesty.

Boxer (D-CA)
    Dodd (D-Conn.)
    Kennedy (D-Mass.)
    McCain (R-Ariz.)

Both Republican and Democrat.......if you look at WHO these people are who REFUSE to stand for upholding U.S. laws, they're all wierd.

I mean seriously, they have strange problems, whether they have like some really boring personality, or accused of sex acts in bathrooms, or they always mess up by saying the most stupid things (for example....Trent Lott).....I mean ALL of them are like just not really cool and together like Senator Sessions, Senator Dorgan and Senator Inhoffe,
    and if I wasn't so tired I'd name a lot more.

But you know what I mean? It's like the ones who stood up for our laws ARE the ones who make you feel safe and like they're capable and not some sort of wackos who could be capable of creating a disaster if left unattended.

You know what I mean?

Can't you see it?

Look at the personalities of the losers. They strike me as just not capable of holding jobs which require this much responsibility. They're like immature or something. Something is just missing with them. They seem to be "LACKING" in some areas and some of them seem to be lacking in many areas where the leaders of our country should not ever be lacking.

How did they even get this job.....to begin with?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I like "sensible senators" who I can "trust" to run America the way Americans expect it to be run....which would mean in accordance to the Constitution and in accordance with the laws of our country.

That way I can be a working wife and mother and spend my time more doing the things I should be able to do.

These "lacking senators" make me have to give up a lot of important time fighting against their apparent inability to take care of our country.

I know I'm not alone. It applies to all of us.

I know we deserve better.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    HELPED US BY NOT VOTING

On a cloture vote requiring 60 votes, not showing up to vote has the same effect as voting NO. So we appreciated the fact that the following did not vote today. All four voted FOR the June amnesty.

Boxer (D-CA)
    Dodd (D-Conn.)
    Kennedy (D-Mass.)
    McCain (R-Ariz.)
    I know why McCain, Dodd, and Boxer didn't vote. However, I must have missed something regarding Kennedy. Does anyone know why he didn't vote?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Maybe he had been drinking and thought he shouldn't drive.

ROTFL......good one!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Anyone wo ever voted for it the first time will never get my vote . Once a traitor always a traitor .

We need a whole new leadership . otherwise we will be beat down by their under handed sneaky ways .

Both Republican and Democrat.......if you look at WHO these people are who REFUSE to stand for upholding U.S. laws, they're all wierd.
    Yeah. POD PEOPLE
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NOamNASTY
    Anyone wo ever voted for it the first time will never get my vote . Once a traitor always a traitor .
    We need a whole new leadership . otherwise we will be beat down by their under handed sneaky ways .
    This is particularly applicable to Sen. Lindsey Graham. I don't vote in S.C., but I hope those that do will continue to hold him accountable. He was one of the primary guardians of the bill in June and offered a fierce defense of it. (Remember the word "bigot?") I give him no credit for his recent retreat from amnesty; it is borne out of political expediency and is therefore hypocrisy.

Remember always that a senate term is six years and a lot of damage can be done in that time.

This is totally irrelevant to the thread, but Sen. Graham has a political ad in the form of a top banner on the PoliticsNJ website: Why would that be?

http://www.politicsnj.com/monmouth-race ... hing-13223