Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Who voted to give Illegal Aliens Social Security benifits

Senators who voted to give illegal aliens social security benefits. Please if you pass anything on pass this on to everyone...Vote them out....in November

Senators who voted to give illegal aliens social security benefits

SEND THIS TO EVERY ONE YOU KNOW

THESE ARE THE SENATORS WHO VOTED TO GIVE ILLEGAL ALIENS SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS. REGARDLESS OF POLITICAL PARTY, THESE POLITICIANS NEED TO BE DEFEATED WHENEVER THEY COME UP FOR RE-ELECTION TO OFFICE. (McCain, Clinton & Obama voted "Yea")!

SEND THIS TO ANYONE YOU KNOW IN ANY OF THE STATES LISTED. THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE UNITED STATES NEED TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION. THAT IS UNLESS THEY DO NOT MIND SHARING THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY WITH FOREIGN WORKERS WHEN AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE BEING LEFT OUT.

Alabama:

Alaska: Stevens (R-AK), Yea

Arizona: McCain (R-AZ), Yea

Arkansas: Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
    Pryor (D-AR), Yea

California: Boxer (D-CA), Yea
    Feinstein (D-CA), Yea

Colorado: Salazar (D-CO), Yea

Connecticut: Dodd (D-CT), Yea
    Lieberman (D-CT), Yea

Delaware: Biden (D-DE), Yea
    Carper (D-DE), Yea

Florida: Martinez (R-FL), Yea

Georgia:

Hawaii: Akaka (D-HI), Yea
    Inouye (D-HI), Yea

Idaho:

Illinois: Durbin (D-IL), Yea
    Obama (D-IL), Yea

Indiana: Bayh (D-IN), Yea
    Lugar (R-IN), Yea

Iowa: Harkin (D-IA), Yea

Kansas: Brownback (R-KS), Yea

Kentucky:

Louisiana: Landrieu (D-LA), Yea

Maine:

Maryland: Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
    Sarbanes (D-MD), Yea

Massachusetts: Kennedy (D-MA), Yea
    Kerry (D-MA), Yea

Michigan: Levin (D-MI), Yea
    Stabenow (D-MI), Yea

Minnesota:

Mississippi:

Missouri:

Montana: Baucus (D-MT), Yea

Nebraska: Hagel (R-NE), Yea

Nevada: Reid (D-NV), Yea

New Hampshire:

New Jersey: Lautenberg (D-NJ), Yea
    Menendez (D-NJ), Yea

New Mexico: Bingaman (D-NM), Yea

New York: Clinton (D-NY), Yea
    Schumer (D-NY), Yea

North Carolina:

North Dakota: Dorgan (D-ND), Yea

Ohio: DeWine (R-OH), Yea
    Voinovich (R-OH), Yea

Oklahoma:

Oregon: Wyden (D-OR), Yea

Pennsylvania: Specter (R-PA), Yea

Rhode Island: Chafee (R-RI), Yea
    Reed (D-RI), Yea

South Carolina: Graham (R-SC), Yea

South Dakota: Johnson (D-SD), Yea

Tennessee:

Texas:

Utah:

Vermont: Jeffords (I-VT), Yea
    Leahy (D-VT), Yea
    Virginia:

Washington: Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
    Murray (D-WA), Yea

West Virginia: Rockefeller (D-WV), Not Voting

Wisconsin: Feingold (D-WI), Yea
    Kohl (D-WI), Yea

Wyoming:

REMEMBER THIS THE DAY YOU VOTE.

Kathyet

Thanks for your post.

The usual suspects always show up... There sits McCain and Graham on the list.

It is time to carry this bit of info as a reminder to the people in Arizona.

Thanks for the list. Passing it on and keeping for referral...
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

PLEASE CORRECT OTHERS AND DO A LITTLE HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU POST HOAXES:

I want to BE that Trusted source because we live in troubling times and people are looking for the TRUTH more than anything before and Snopes, Urban Legends and MythBusters is full with corrections. I just spent a hour getting this together so a month from now when someone else sends it to me I can send them this:

(original email below)
    additional reference:
    The U.S. Senate has not — I repeat, not — voted to grant Social Security benefits to illegal immigrants. http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/b ... tition.htm

Back in 2006, the Senate did consider, and then dropped, an amendment to the immigration reform bill (S. 2611) http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/r ... vote=00131

which would have prohibited formerly undocumented workers from accruing benefits based on Social Security contributions they made before attaining legal status. Despite the fact that the tabling of this provision was reported in some quarters as "Senate grants Social Security benefits to illegal aliens," it did not, in fact, have that effect. Federal law still prohibits paying Social Security benefits to illegal immigrants.

In any case, adding one's name to an email petition and haphazardly forwarding it out into cyberspace is, at best, a pointless gesture. Essentially, it's a glorified chain letter with only a very slight chance of ever reaching, let alone convincing, the elected official(s) to whom it's addressed.

Another Version of the email http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/e/ ... ficial.htm

but with same as "no" votes for English language and WHY!
    The Truth:
    The vote was in May, 2006 in the United States Senate and was for The Comprehensive Immigration and Reform Act of 2007.

An amendment to the bill was added just days before the vote that would have declared English as the official language of the United States and, among other things, would mean that the government would not have to provide services in any language other than English. One of the purposes of the amendment was to "promote the patriotic integration of prospective U.S. citizens."

Nuance. It can be a bultch.

LLoyd

It is all a play on words..Ensign was trying to add an amendment to the bill so this would not happen and they defeated his amendment by 50 to 49 here is how they voted...this was in 2006 your right. So my point is by not adding this, in reality they left the door open for this to happen. My opinion of course!

...Now look what has happened since 2006...if amnesty is passed...what do you think will happen with social security then???? To me it is all a play on words just to muck up the process and add more confusion to the mix....

Senate Votes to Give Social Security
    to Illegal Aliens

Betraying constituents and taxpayers, the U.S. Senate voted in May to permit illegal aliens to collect Social Security benefits based on past illegal employment, even if they obtained their jobs through fraud or documents stolen from Americans. By doing so, the Senate also approved an amnesty for the use of those fraudulent or stolen documents by the illegals.

"There was a felony they were committing, and now they can't be prosecuted," if the bill becomes law, said Sen. John Ensign, R-NV, who offered an amendment to take those provisions out of the immigration bill. "That sounds like amnesty to me," he said. "It just boggles the mind how people could be against this amendment."

Ensign's amendment was "tabled" by a vote of 50 to 49, which means the Senate voted against considering his amendment.

Immigration advocate Sen. John McCain, R-AZ, who hopes to become the Republican Party's nominee for president in 2008, said illegal aliens have "earned" Social Security benefits, and they should be entitled to receive them after winning the "guestworker" amnesty that the bill confers on them.

"The Ensign amendment would undermine the work of these people by preventing lawfully present immigrant workers from claiming Social Security benefits that they earned before they were authorized to work in our community," he said.

The Senate immigration bill faces considerable opposition in the House, which passed its own version of immigration legislation months ago. As this issue of Middle American News goes to press, House and Senate members were still negotiating how to reconcile the two bills.

Here is the roll call vote on a motion to table the Ensign amendment on May 18. To table the amendment means to prevent the amendment from being voted on directly. A "Yes" vote was in favor of tabling the amendment, a "No" vote was against tabling.

Voting Yes - 50
    Akaka (D-HI); Baucus (D-MT); Bayh (D-IN); Biden (D-DE); Bingaman (D-NM); Boxer (D-CA); Brownback (R-KS); Cantwell (D-WA); Carper (D-DE); Chafee (R-RI); Clinton (D-NY); DeWine (R-OH); Dodd (D-CT); Dorgan (D-ND); Durbin (D-IL); Feingold (D-WI); Feinstein (D-CA); Graham (R-SC); Hagel (R-NE); Harkin (D-IA); Inouye (D-HI); Jeffords (I-VT); Johnson (D-SD); Kennedy (D-MA); Kerry (D-MA); Kohl (D-WI); Landrieu (D-LA); Lautenberg (D-NJ); Leahy (D-VT); Levin (D-MI); Lieberman (D-CT); Lincoln (D-AR); Lugar (R-IN); Martinez (R-FL); McCain (R-AZ); Menendez (D-NJ); Mikulski (D-MD); Murray (D-WA); Obama (D-IL); Pryor (D-AR); Reed (D-RI); Reid (D-NV); Salazar (D-CO); Sarbanes (D-MD); Schumer (D-NY); Specter (R-PA); Stabenow (D-MI); Stevens (R-AK); Voinovich (R-OH); Wyden (D-OR)

Voting No - 49
    Alexander (R-TN); Allard (R-CO); Allen (R-VA); Bennett (R-UT); Bond (R-MO); Bunning (R-KY); Burns (R-MT); Burr (R-NC); Byrd (D-WV); Chambliss (R-GA); Coburn (R-OK); Cochran (R-MS); Coleman (R-MN); Collins (R-ME); Conrad (D-ND); Cornyn (R-TX); Craig (R-ID); Crapo (R-ID); Dayton (D-MN); DeMint (R-SC); Dole (R-NC); Domenici (R-NM); Ensign (R-NV); Enzi (R-WY); Frist (R-TN); Grassley (R-IA); Gregg (R-NH); Hatch (R-UT); Hutchison (R-TX); Inhofe (R-OK); Isakson (R-GA); Kyl (R-AZ); Lott (R-MS); McConnell (R-KY); Murkowski (R-AK); Nelson (D-FL); Nelson (D-NE); Roberts (R-KS); Santorum (R-PA); Sessions (R-AL); Shelby (R-AL); Smith (R-OR); Snowe (R-ME); Sununu (R-NH); Talent (R-MO); Thomas (R-WY); Thune (R-SD); Vitter (R-LA); Warner (R-VA)

Not Voting - 1
    Rockefeller (D-WV)

http://www.manews.org/0706socsec.html

Here is a web site that I did a search on about the subject....haven't delved into it all yet, but with things like this being done is their any doubt that this isn't a possibility and who is to say it isn't already tucked into some bill or law somewhere were not aware of????

http://michellemalkin.com/?s=social+sec ... gal+aliens

here is something from this site on the Ensign amendment as well

http://michellemalkin.com/2006/05/18/se ... amendment/

Kathyet

It's pretty evident that those who voted to table the amendment are for not only "comprehensive immigration reform" (ie-amnesty of some kind), but also for giving illegal aliens the right to collect social security benefits. Whether they want to make that retroactive or just current makes no difference to me - it's just plain wrong and not acceptable.

The fact that there was no law actually passed to give this benefit to illegals is only because they have not been able to be sneaky enough; they most certainly have tried and will continue to.

Kathy is right, traitors in our government do their best to tuck (ie-sneak) things like this through the backdoor, into bills and often at the last minute.

It is always good to check out info from any website, to learn for yourself what is and is not factual. I do and encourge others to whom I forward info (mostly just family and friends) to do the same. You begin to learn over time then who tends to be truthful and who is nothing more than a shiester.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Mary Katherine Ham can’t believe it:

Seriously, if you could see me now, I’m very Yosemite Sam. Very stampy and tantrumy and incoherent.

Just a few minutes ago (when voted on), on the floor of the United States Senate, senators debated an amendment to the McCain immigration bill.

This is not, by itself, profanity-inducing.

But here’s the substance of the debate– Should ILLEGAL immigrants, once made legal by the McCain legislation, be entitled to receive the Social Security benefits they have paid into the system while ILLEGALLY using FRAUDULENT Social Security numbers STOLEN from actual, legal citizens of the United States of America.

The fact that this is even up for debate is just beyond insane. Everyone knows we will never have enough Social Security funds to serve, you know, actual citizens.

Every single one of those senators knows that, and they’re debating whether we should extend such non-existent, unsustainable, budget-busting, generation-saddling benefits to millions of people who fraudulently entered the system by stealing the identities (and sometimes ruining the credit) of legal Americans?!?

Sen. Ensign, God bless him, offered an amendment suggesting illegals should not be eligible for Social Security benefits accrued while illegal.

The U.S. Senate voted to kill that amendment, 50-49.

Are these guys freakin’ serious? I’m so disgusted I’m just hoping maybe my C-SPAN feed is faulty or I’m mistaken. I don’t think I am.
    http://michellemalkin.com/2006/05/18/se ... amendment/