Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why Cant English Be Made The "Official Language" o

the USA? I hear one of the obstacles is Puerto Rico since their "main" language is Spanish and then English. What do you guys think?

I have heard that racist Hispanic groups such as the National Council of La Raza have REPEATEDLY blocked attempts in OUR Congress to officialize English.

Puerto Rico should learn Enblish if they want to become part of the US. Why should we all have to change to cater to Peurto Rico? They are a small country.

as far as I know, there are bills introduced in the house that never make any headway. check out the following link for some info on it.

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_lang.html

I support 100%, it makes ZERO sense why it is not already, other than politics and the ACLU I'm sure. THE ACLU is horrible for any true American, in my opinion.

English ONLY???

I wonder what it would take to to snowball it into a National Referendum on English Only??

The French did it w/ their national language.

Our pandering-ass, crooked politicians will never have the balls so if it gets done it'll be from us.

" Why Cant English Be Made The Official Language the USA? I hear one of the obstacles is Puerto Rico since their "main" language is Spanish and then English. What do you guys think? "

The "Raza" doesn't mind Mexico or any other Latin country having Spanish as their official languages but objects to us making English our official language. Can we say hypocrites?

Congress has failed to vote to make English our official language.

Former President Bill Clinton is also responsible via EXECUTIVE ORDER 13166 for the billingual mess we are in.

The mere act of his signature, without the voice of the American people nor legislation from Congress, then President William Clinton, enacted EXECUTIVE ORDER 13166 which nullified an English language form of U.S. Federal government. EXECUTIVE ORDER 13166--IMPROVING ACCESS TO SERVICES FOR PERSONS WITH LIMITED ENGLISH PROFICIENCY.

The order, in it's entirety is available at:
    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepage ... O13166.htm
    In a dictatorship one could comprehend the issuance of such an order, but never in a democracy where the order had such far reaching consequences.

William J. Clinton IMPOSED this unwanted order on the American people--an abuse of power in my opinion. President Bush has not revoked Clinton's executuve order.

Clinton's June 15, 2000 THE CLINTON-GORE ADMINISTRATION:
    EXPANDING EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES FOR HISPANIC AMERICANS
    Made billingual language in schools a law.

http://clinton3.nara.gov/WH/Work/061500.html

I think English as the U.S. official language should be on the 2008 ballot.

Fences make good neighbors.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Puerto Rico teaches English in all public schools and has done so for 40+
    years. Puerto Ricans are U.S. Citizens if they choose to speak Spanish
    that is their right.

Puerto Ricans are not immigrants, or illegal immigrants, no visa or passport is needed for U.S. Citizens (including Puerto Rican born) folks
    who travel between the mainland U.S. and the U.S. possession of P.R.

The U.S. Millitary is proud to have thousands of men and women from the
    enchanted Isle.

End of Rant
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    Puerto Rico teaches English in all public schools and has done so for 40+
    years. Puerto Ricans are U.S. Citizens if they choose to speak Spanish
    that is their right.

Puerto Ricans are not immigrants, or illegal immigrants, no visa or passport is needed for U.S. Citizens (including Puerto Rican born) folks
    who travel between the mainland U.S. and the U.S. possession of P.R.

The U.S. Millitary is proud to have thousands of men and women from the
    enchanted Isle.

End of Rant
    Well said but recently Puerto Rican organizations have protested against making English our official language. If you do some search you will see that has been one of the obstacles. Also, lets not forget that some Puerto Rican organizations are "branches" with the racist "National Council Of La Raza". I don't know if you know this but in the town of Hazletown Pennsylvania the 2 main organizations suing not to crack down on illegal immigration and to not make English the official language of Hazletown were the ACLU and a Puerto Rican organization since the small Puerto Rican population said it would make them feel uncomfortable having English as the official language of Hazletown.

They had a polish woman on the radio today......she came here as a legal immigrant and didn't know English. She said at first it wasn't really necessary because she felt safe and content in her Polish neighborhood. But then the time came where she knew she needed to learn English if she ever intended getting beyond or doing any better in her life than the just her Polish neighborhood. So she learned English....she said the world opens up when you learn English and never felt it was an infringement on her culture or that anyone wanted her to do anything that didn't really make her life better.

Systematically they have forced Spanish on this country. The wonders of Bi-lingualism in which they don't come out speaking English and no one else is fluent in Spanish and both aren't getting a quality education isn't "helping" anyone.

Even when people learned Spanish to satisfy them.....now it's there needs to be more "hispanics". It's as if they have used their language as a means to lock things up on both ends to assure that Spanish is spoken and they will never English. You don't hear of any other immigrant group fighting this. It's the "hispanic causus". The Hispanic Senators calling it racism. The situation where the people were fired for not speaking English were hired....they worked.....they were given a year to learn the basics and refused.

There are countless employers who have paid for English classes and they won't go. There's free classes....night school.....I don't remember ANY other group of immigrants, legal or illegal who have simple out-right refused to speak English or learn it.

Many people have lost jobs for not knowing Spanish or can't get jobs because they don't. How many of you have been hired and given a year to learn a language? How many of your employers pay to keep you by paying for Spanish courses? What's the next language going to be? I wonder in this area how many black, white, asian school teachers went and learned Spanish only to now be told there are too many white teachers and now they want it more "racially" balanced so it REALLY didn't matter if they learned Spanish or not because they are going to get rid of you anyway.

There's a Burger King here in which you will not see a white person and maybe 1 black in back working and you can't order in English no matter what color you are.

Personally.....I've had it. They have destroyed peoples towns....ran people out of "their" community in which no other race is welcome and open businesses legal and illegal to satisfy "their" people and still make it impossible for others to work unless they speak Spanish and the whole time....sorry.....they aren't putting forth ANY effort to fit in or include any other group but their own. It's 100% pure racism hiding behind "language" as an excuse. There are people who may even consider amnesty if they just spoke the darn language. They HAVE to make this English only in the workplace or forget it. Coz I will not hire or do business with a company who doesn't supply English speaking people I can communicate with. I didn't leave and I'll be darned if I'm going to sit by and feel like a foreigner in my country because of these people.

What immigrant would still want to even bother comming here with it being a tower of Bable? What unfair burden is that putting on those who do come here and still can't make it because there's too many languages expected to be learned to even wipe toliets. And don't tell me it's not already happening because it is. Jobs listed in Spanish only....laundry sorter, "must speak Spanish". There isn't a listing where "Spanish" isn't required but none where "must speak English" and alot aren't even a position where people talk to the public. Dishwasher....must speak Spanish. Why? But it's discriminatory to say dishwasher....must speak English. It's a crock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast