Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why couldn't a "Dream Act" Bill be submitted on it

Why couldn't a Bill like the Dream Act be submitted on it's own without being attached to another Bill?

I'm confused on Bills that get linked or snuck within others, and I feel it is a practice that should stop. All added line items should be completely RELEVANT to the main bill.

So what stopped them doing that?

Banned

Re: Why couldn't a "Dream Act" Bill be submitted o

Quote Originally Posted by kevt
    Why couldn't a Bill like the Dream Act be submitted on it's own without being attached to another Bill?

I'm confused on Bills that get linked or snuck within others, and I feel it is a practice that should stop. All added line items should be completely RELEVANT to the main bill.

So what stopped them doing that?
    It can't pass on its own

Its been brought up a few other times and always fails

That's what I thought. They have to hide it under another umbrella.

Thanks

cuz harry reid is the leader and an arrogant backstabbing person who will use any tactic to get legislation passed.

Remember what he did in 07 with amnesty. he used some procedure that had not been used in Congress in 150 years

For one thing attaching the Dream Act along with the Military Bill can make the Reublicans look bad for election time for not passing a bill related to our troops. It is being used as a scheme in the elections. So the Democrats are the real SCHMUCKS in this underhanded process.

Now I do not agree with all Democrats or Republicans and in this case the Democrats are actually using our troops in a board game.

And they know most people are against any kind of an AMNESTY or a DREAM ACT,which in part is just another reward to illegals. So in that case the illegals WILL KEEP COMING across the borders.........
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou