Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why don't states tax remittances at a higher percentage?

I was just thinking....

One of the big stinks in Oklahoma recently was that the state was going to tax remittances.

Instead of a VAT tax on all US citizens, why not tax the remittances at the reat of say 15 - to 30%? Bank of America gets a fee and is making money on it.

A lot of the money that is sent is earned under the table and the states are footing the bills for everything else. There is a lot of undeclared income floating around out there for cash strapped states.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree wholeheartedly.

Our state requires a balanced budget and one way they are going to increase funds for the shortfall is a hospital bed tax! Can you imagine - most people are truely sick to be in the hospital and will have additional uncovered expenses to pay should they recover. And the illegals just get off free anyway.

We have more illegals here in GA than AZ, and they are all going to wire money regularly everywhere I look. Why not tax that?

OK has a 1% tax on remittances. I agree it should be far higher.
    Detect, Detain, and Deport - The 3-D method of choice!!

This proposal has been floated for years but I have heard little come of it. I suspect the banks have the politicians paid off not to support it. Remember, only a few House republicans really want to do anything about illegals!

Welcome alipacguy123.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn