Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why don't we have English only for drivers licence's tests??

To get a C.D.L. you must be able to read, speak and communicate in the English language.... Why not for a regular licence....

John

To get a C.D.L. you must be able to read, speak and communicate in the English language.... Why not for a regular licence....

John
    no you don't ...you are suoose to...but they do not...trust me
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

John they do not enforce this law ...and they don't care...in some places the CDL test is given in another language....
    and this brings me back,,,too... where are those nine missing drivers in Californis??????????I have a feeling...they don't speak English
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

In Parksburg Pa they do... I had a Big Truck confiscated a 770 Volvo... 2 guys and no English at all.. It was 2 years ago at A.Duey Pile to be exact.......
    In the mid-west there was a training school that was shut down because they passed guys that could not communicate in English.... Something like 3000 licence's had been suspended... Few showed up to retest...
    John

One of those schools that shut down the graduated CDL driver Killed an Oklahome Highway patrol officer because he didn't know How to handle red lights and sirens.... also the addresses all linked back to a parking lot for these New CDL drivers

They should have to know English to get a driver's license as they always slow down or almost stop on I95 near the electronic signs that update traffic and are used for amber alerts. This often causes accidents. Also people should do their GED in English as well if go that route. In Florida you can do it in Spanish.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I went to a smaller DMV office in Central CA to take care of some paperwork on our boat. They called around my number several times. Finally, I went to the information booth and asked why they were not calling my number. She told me that most of the people that were waiting were hispanic and they were trying to move them to bilingual agents. I told her that was not right. Finally they called my number and I complained at the counter. He apologized to me, but said that was the way it was done at this center.

I sent a nasty letter to DMV headquarters, but I know it didn't mean anything to them, but at least it gave me a chance to rant.

Each time I hear of something this outrageous, I become even more determined to fight this illegal invasion. Everyone operating a motor vehicle in this country should be required to understand English.

How on earth can a person who doesn't understand English obey traffic signs or heed highway advisories? I'm only surprised there haven't been more head-on collisions due to illegals not understanding "One Way" "Do Not Enter," etc.

In Miami Dade County there has been an increase in police calls regarding people driving the wrong way on one way streets. Not only can you do you driving test in Spanish here but also in Kreyol.
    Also the inability to speak English may be a contributing factor to the increase in construction accidents in South Florida. Many of these accidents are fatal as the one earlier this morning on the Trump construction site in Sunny Isles Beach.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

She told me that most of the people that were waiting were hispanic and they were trying to move them to bilingual agents. I told her that was not right. Finally they called my number and I complained at the counter. He apologized to me, but said that was the way it was done at this center.
    What you should have done is gotten the guys name and went straight to lawyer and filed a discrimination suit against that individual NOT the DVM. You may not have won but you should would have gotten the attention of the DMV...

Second... Most states allow ONLY the written test to be taken in a native language, and sign test must be taken in English... I agree with the driver's test being given a native language to certain extent... like me explain... may legal aliens come here having only a working knowledge of the English language... (English is the most difficult language to comprehend)

I for one feel must safer that individual has past the test and has the knowledge of the law, regardless of what language they take the test in. Than having some take the test in a language he/she does not understand and pass the test but luck

The purpose of the written is too make sure the applicant has a knowledge of the law as it applies to driving an automobile. The sign test is given to make sure the applicant can recognize, and OBEY!!! OBEY being the key word…

Lets face it all drivers regardless, whether a U.S. Citizen, or here legally or illegally are guilty of inattentive driving… we drink coffee, change the channel on the radio, put on make-up, shave, talk on cell phones, change clothes, some even read the newspaper. We yell at the kids. Rubber neck at accidents, and for those of us who single we all ways like the check the hottie in the next car (I’m guilty of that!!!)

"Safety is a result. It is what you get if things are done rightâ€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast