Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Why Don't We Stop Gang Crime?

updated: Oct 15, 2010, 7:30 AM
    By Art Flores

By Art Flores

We could STOP gang crime if we really wanted to. But we don't because we FAIL to address the underlying issues related to gang activity. The real issue surrounding the increase in gang activity started one or two generations ago and it will remain an issue and only worsen as long as we fail in our duty to the citizens of the US by allowing illegal immigration.
    If you carefully examine crime statistics you will find that gang activity is directly correlated to illegal immigration. It is not necessarily the illegal immigrants who are committing crimes (unless you believe that illegal immigration is a crime) but the children and grandchildren of illegal immigrants. These children are many more times likely to commit crimes and end up in prison, jail and/or the juvenile system than the children of citizens. Right now more than 1 in 6 Hispanic males born in the U.S. today can EXPECT to be imprisoned during his lifetime. -- Billions upon Billions of tax payers money will be spent schooling, housing and then imprisoning them.

The reasons are many, but it starts with the socioeconomic conditions that illegal immigrants live in, their lack of education and lack of upward mobility, absentee parents (through: abandonment, prison, divorce, deportation, working multiple jobs etc...) and ends with children who feel torn between two worlds, but apart of neither the world their parents come from or the one they grow up in. The despair, hopelessness and feelings of disenfranchisement are pervasive in the first and second generations living in the US. Gang activity is a way for these young people to bond and survive, but it also hurts our economy and jeopardizes our safety and the safety of our loved ones.

In order to address the real issues, we need to have a strong immigration policy and we need to determine once and for all who is really a citizen and who isn't.

If anyone cares to verify this by determining the status of the young men who were incarcerated as a result of "Gator-Roll" or the beating of that young man on Tuesday morning I'm sure you'll only confirm what I have said here.

Here's a great excerpt from an article in TIME from a few years ago:

Steven Camarota, research director for the Center for Immigration Studies, which favors tighter immigration controls, warns that even if immigrants are less likely to commit crimes, their children and grandchildren may be more likely to end up on the wrong side of the law. He points out that U.S. Department of Justice statistics show that Hispanics make up 20% of state and Federal prison populations in 2005, a rise of 43% since 1990. At that rate, one in every six Hispanic males born in the U.S. today can expect to be imprisoned during his lifetime - more than double the rate for non-Hispanic whites, but lower than that of African-Americans of the same age. "That means the children and grandchildren of immigrants are committing a lot of crime, making this a long-term problem," Camarota says, before adding, "That's much worse news."

http://www.edhat.com/site/tidbit.cfm?nid=41035

We'll stop gang crime when we stop illegal immigration and stop foolishly and I believe unconstitutionally allowing clerks in government offices to hand out US citizenship to the children of illegal aliens. We also have to reduce the legal immigration numbers back to the 1970's replacement levels and until all these illegal aliens are out of here, I think have a moratorium on immigration for 5 to 10 years.

There's such a disconnect between the actions of our political leaders and the realities in our country with regards to even legal immigration that it's almost unbearable to talk about.

We have 2 million soldiers who have served in the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. They come home, and over 20% of them are unemployed, thousands of them homeless or destitute because they can't find a job.

It's a national disgrace.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I KNOW it is directly related to illegal immigration. Where I have lived, and who my husband has worked with has given me insight I never thought I would have 7 years ago.

My husbands co-worker and his wife came here legally before having any children. They came here, got jobs, established themselves, and started working towards citizenship (English classes, integrating, etc..). They have two sons, on 13, one 15, both are good kids, into sports, chess club, music classes, and science club (and yes they are Hispanic children of immigrants). This man and his wife are very involved with their sons, and have always been sure to be home soon after work, to be sure these boys did not feel the need to lean towards peers of bad influence.

Then we have those who live around us. Well, what can be said, completely the opposite. These people allow their children to roam freely, even as little as 2 year olds, letting older siblings or older neighbor kids to watch over them. No adults making the rules, teaching them to play nicely (I see them outside beating the heck out of each other, pretending adult scenes, which I am sure they saw while papa was watching on TV and all manner of indecent and unkind activities). These tiny, unsupervised children, who's parents do not, nor plan to learn to, speak English, are caught up being little interpreters, and no adult managing and guiding them through our society, leaving them to try to navigate it by themselves.

Yep, you can bet at least a half dozen or so of them will join gangs. Ten years or so, they will make the list of local police, cops will know them by name or face, or both. It is a shame these babies are nothing more than a welfare and WIC payment for their selfish parents, who cared little to come here the right way and make themselves a part of life here, so their kids had a fighting chance, instead, they selfishly came illegally, and have worked the system for their own benefit.

End illegal immigration, end the job magnets, end the benefits magnets, end the birthright citizenship magnet, and you will see crime from gangs, and the gangs numbers begin to dwindle.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Los Angeles 'Little Mexico and El salvador hotspot'
    Here in L.A a lot of good police officers want these scum bags deported but their hands are tied because these illegals are hands off unless they commit a serious felony. Our pathetic mayor and gutless police chief coddle and protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerman1
    Here in L.A a lot of good police officers want these scum bags deported but their hands are tied because these illegals are hands off unless they commit a serious felony. Our pathetic mayor and gutless police chief coddle and protect them.
    You're absolutely right! It's disgusting the way our state coddles and panders to criminal illegal invaders, starting at the top with our la raza mayor. It's appalling!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If we shut down the border with walls and troops with orders to protect themselves and their country we would not only cut down on the number of gangs, SS leaches, and deaths by the hands of illegals, we would also cut down on the illegal drugs coming into this country.
    The war on drugs started when? It's been so long I can't remember. But it failed. Why? Our government wants it to fail. These are all games the nut jobs in Washington play. The war on drugs will never be won. The war on illegals and gangs will never be won. Why? They don't want it to.
    I pray we can turn this around, but it's going to be one hell of a job on our side.

Harsh punishment for employers will end the largest part of this problem, why they turn a blind eye is beyond me because they too will be looking for work come Nov. They'll all self deport and all we'll be left with is the drug mules.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerman1
    You're absolutely right! It's disgusting the way our state coddles and panders to criminal illegal invaders, starting at the top with our la raza mayor. It's appalling!
    I believe Mayor Villaraigosa actually is an infiltraitor agent of La Raza. An American in name only but anti-American by his actions. Just as Juan Hernandez said: "We are betting that the Mexican American population in the United States....will think Mexico first."

Isn't this advocating usurping Americans from within?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Guttierass, Menendez, are all "VIVA' LA RAZA!" It's all for votes and money.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn