Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why I always check out the kitchen before I eat

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/13523595/det ... 0706182007

Source Of E. Coli Possibly Linked To Slaughtered Goat In China Grove Restaurant

POSTED: 4:35 pm EDT June 18, 2007
    UPDATED: 9:33 am EDT June 19, 2007

CHINA GROVE, N.C. -- Rowan County Health Department officials said they have found the probable cause of the E. coli outbreak stemming from a China Grove restaurant.

Officials said several employees slaughtered a goat in the kitchen of the Captain’s Galley after-hours one evening in May. They believe the utensils used to kill the goat were then used to prepare food, which made more than a dozen people sick.

The restaurant has now been closed indefinitely. It had been allowed to remain open while the health department tried to pinpoint the source of the bacteria.

Officials said the employees are immigrants, but they couldn’t say whether they are illegal or why they slaughtered the goat, but they do know the goat meat was not served at the restaurant. They said an anonymous tip from a former employee helped them in the investigation.

“It’s certainly not in our normal investigation to ask if animals have been slaughtered in the kitchen,â€

A small rental house near us is occupied by MANY Hispanics. At Christmas time last year, a goat showed up in their (city limits) yard. Two days later, it was gone.
    Do Hispanics have a thing about eating goat?

Quote Originally Posted by reform_now
    A rental house near us is occupied by MANY Hispanics. At Christmas time last year, a goat showed up in their yard. Two days later, it was gone.
    Do Hispanics have a thing about eating goat?
    Yes it is a very popular meat with many Hispanics.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Eeeewwwwwww............yeah I don't eat out much anyways, but stories like this make it even less appealing to do.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

as a family, we now check the kitchen and the health grade before dining.

Then you don't eat out much.

Tonight we decided to go out, a really big deal to this family. We decided to budget in for a nice local sit-down chain called "Shari's", American fare family style.

They have a motley crew, the cook was a young American guy, and all of the kitchen crew spoke English nicely, yes, some with accents. Clean kitchens and clean restaurant. That is probably one the biggest factors in a well run kitchen anymore, a crew who all speaks the same language.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Funny you should bring this subject up! Not sure how it is out where you all live, but pretty much EVERY fast food joint in So. Calif. is manned by hispanics. I have found myself walking in to order my food instead of driving through just so I can watch how they are making the food!!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

CostaMesa, up here it is not necessarily that way, and especially with Dairy Queen (have those down there?). BK, McD's and such, yeah more so than others, but we attempt to not even go to those anymore.

Funny thing we are on this subject. About one year ago, we treated ourselves to dinner at Mongolian Grill. Now this is not cheap, and to this day, I do not see why as it is mostly vegetables and seasonings they offer, anyways, we load up, get to the grill, and our cooks were NOT Mongolian.

The American icecream drive-through restaurant down the street from me is advertizing this week, 'Mexican Gyros.' Could be interesting to try out.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast