Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Why is Jose Antonio Vargas allowed to flaunt U.S. immigration law?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hire a new immigration judge for his district and bump him to the head of the line for "interfering in our democracy". If Obama can deport 35 Russian diplomats for "interfering in our democracy", legal immigrants they were too, then an illegal alien can be deported for 1) being here illegally and 2) on a rapid deportation for "interfering in our democracy". If he has a problem with that, he can sue US .... from the Philippines.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Get rid of him & his whole family including his illegal grandmother - nothing but deceptive talk. Says brought by parents yet not a dreamer - fishy.
    Why doesn't he legalize himself - "because the system is outdated, complicated" - yes, it takes years as others have applied before you & we actually do have laws.

The next move, (it is never enough) -'If we are to "show great heart," as Trump has said, to the DREAMers (named after a bill that Congress never passed called the DREAM Act), shouldn't we also show our heart and offer our gratitude to their parents?' Aside from wanting parents added now, he digs it was never passed but as we all know is enacted by stays from deportation, work permits etc.

He is undoubtedly a soldier of the falsely named "reconquista" but surely a takeover agenda.
    Last edited by artist; 03-07-2017 at 10:01 PM.

MW
    artist wrote (excerpt):

Get rid of him & his whole family including his illegal grandmother - nothing but deceptive talk. Says brought by parents yet not a dreamer - fishy.
    Why doesn't he legalize himself - "because the system is outdated, complicated" - yes, it takes years as others have applied before you & we actually do have laws.
    No illegal within our borders illegally should be able to legalize themselves. I know there have been exceptions for folks claiming abuse and through marriage. However, typically the law does not allow for it. And that is as it should be (IMO).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    7/1/15 6:11 PM
    Why Jose Antonio Vargas wants undocumented immigrants to come out
    By
    Collier Meyerson

A new campaign wants to throw a massive coming out party for America’s undocumented immigrants.

Define American, the organization founded by journalist and immigrant rights activist Jose Antonio Vargas, launched a campaign Wednesday encouraging the nation’s 11.5 million undocumented immigrants to “come out” by declaring their status.

The initiative was introduced in a video featuring several immigrants announcing their undocumented status.

On a press call, Vargas called the campaign “unprecedented in scope” and emphasized the importance of telling individual stories to change perceptions of undocumented immigrants. “We ‘come out’ to let people in,” he said.

Jessica Lee, an undocumented woman featured in the video, expressed feeling more fulfilled after coming out. “You can’t be your full self when you’re hiding,” she said on the call.

But is it really practical for all 11.5 million undocumented immigrants to shout their status from the hilltops? Vargas, who owns a Pulitzer Prize and has written for the The New York Times, enjoys visibility in the media and is not exactly immigration authorities’ most immediate target. (He wasdetained last summer in a Texas airport and let go the same day.)

“The positives [of coming out] are that there is a community you’re visible to. If something happens to you, people know,” said Luis Serrano, an organizer with the Immigrant Youth Coalition of Los Angeles, about the campaign. “The negatives are people can lose their jobs.”

“We shouldn’t impose [coming out] on people. Some people have a higher risk than others,” said Serrano.

Ryan Eller, the executive director of Define American, acknowledged that coming out isn’t for everyone. “Coming out is a personal decision and there are certainly risks that come along with it,” he said.

Vargas also acknowledged those risks. “Coming out doesn’t mean getting on the corner of 15th and Pennsylvania and putting a sign up saying ‘I’m undocumented,’” said he said. “It means telling a friend.”

http://fusion.net/story/160272/why-j...s-to-come-out/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You think only of yourselves. You give no thought to Americans, who lost jobs to you, who lost hours to you, who lost earnings to you, who love seats in college to you, who lost everything to you. You are not Americans. Americans don't do that. Americans have always fought for each other, Americans have always stood up for improving our country with more jobs, higher wages, better educations, innovation, justice, equality for each other. You have never done that. You haven't helped US improve our country. Your presence here has deflated wages, increased unemployment, grown poverty, cheated Americans out of seats in our own colleges and universities, ruined tens of millions of lives, and bankrupted our nation.

There can be no toleration on any level of illegal aliens in our nation or future illegal immigration. All illegal aliens must be deported and none allowed future entry. You have created a crisis in the United States and it won't matter how many magazines you're in or awards you receive, this party is over and you're going home.

Doing the right thing is hard sometimes, but the right thing for Americans to do is require deportation of all illegal aliens without mercy or exception and the right thing for illegal aliens to do is thank US for the time you were here and go home to your own countries like dignified people.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Hire a new immigration judge for his district and bump him to the head of the line for "interfering in our democracy". If Obama can deport 35 Russian diplomats for "interfering in our democracy", legal immigrants they were too, then an illegal alien can be deported for 1) being here illegally and 2) on a rapid deportation for "interfering in our democracy". If he has a problem with that, he can sue US .... from the Philippines.

Makes perfect sense to me.

MW
    Op-Ed Jose Antonio Vargas: I'm not an 'alien'

Jose Antonio Vargas

"RESIDENT ALIEN."

Those two words, in all caps, adorn the plastic-covered green card that my grandfather, a naturalized U.S. citizen, handed me shortly after I arrived in the United States from the Philippines. I was 12. I don't remember thinking much about the card (which was not green) or the words (which, strung together, seemed like the title of a video game or a movie). It wasn't until four years later, while applying to get a driver's permit, that I learned the card was fake. I wasn't a "RESIDENT ALIEN" at all but another kind of alien — in common parlance, an "illegal alien."

The label "alien" is nothing but alienating. And when coupled with "illegal," it's especially toxic. The words seep into the psyche, sometimes to the point of paralysis. They're dehumanizing.

A few days before last week's GOP debate in which Fox News anchor Chris Wallace and presidential candidates Mike Huckabee andDonald Trump casually referred to immigrants as "illegals," I received an email from Bank of America, which I've been using since high school. (Yes, undocumented immigrants can open bank accounts.) "Ready to buy a home?" the subject line read. (And, yes, undocumented immigrants can also purchase homes.) I stared at the email, closed it, opened it again and wondered: Am I ready to buy a home in a country that regards me as an "illegal," with official government forms that call people like me an "alien"?

At least California is abandoning such harsh language. This week Gov. Jerry Brown signed a bill into law that strips the word "alien" from the state's labor code. The bill's author, Sen. Tony Mendoza(D-Artesia), said the legislation was necessary to move California into line with evolving attitudes toward immigrants.

GOP and immigration: Will the Bush or Trump philosophy prevail?

As he told The Times: " 'Alien' is now commonly considered a derogatory term for a foreign-born person and has very negative connotations. The United States is a country of immigrants who not only form an integral part of our culture and society but are also critical contributors to our economic success."

Mendoza, a first-generation American and the son of Mexican migrant workers, told me that he introduced SB 432 in February, shortly after he realized that the state labor code still uses "alien." The use of that word, he learned, dates to the 1930s, when a hiring hierarchy was created among the state's labor workers for government jobs. If you were a U.S. citizen from California, you got top priority. Second priority went to U.S. citizens from another state. Then, last of all, the "aliens."

Language frames the political conversation. And more humane language can lead to more humane policies, and vice versa.

"Given how integral those workers were in the 1930s — and given how central undocumented workers are to our economy now — that word is unnecessary. It's disrespectful. It's degrading," said Mendoza, who is chairman of the Senate Labor and Industrial Relations Committee.

There are those who say that "alien" is a perfectly fine, neutral term, and that anyone who finds it offensive is playing word police and should just check the dictionary. The second definition, in Merriam Webster: "from another country." Sting's pop song, "Englishman in New York," joyfully repeats "I'm a legal alien" in the chorus. Ian Whitcomb, another English pop singer, wrote a memoir called "Resident Alien."

Usage, however, changes along with social norms. Lawmakers wouldn't dream of using the word "retarded" to describe someone who's intellectually challenged, even though, decades ago, they used it regularly without giving offense. Words can take on negative connotations; "retarded" did — and "alien" has too.

Striking "alien" from the state labor code is a symbolic step that other states and the federal government should follow.

Of course, changing a word here and there can't fully address the tangible problems facing the country's undocumented population. But language frames the political conversation. And more humane language can lead to more humane policies, and vice versa.

While Congress dithers on immigration reform, this state, home to about 3 million undocumented immigrants, is embracing an essential yet marginalized part of its population. In the last few years, with strong bipartisan support and decreasing opposition, the state Legislature has passed bills granting undocumented immigrants access to driver's licenses, in-state college tuition and healthcare for children. Brown has also signed legislation allowing noncitizens in high school to serve as election poll workers (greatly increasing the pool of people who speak languages aside from English) and protecting the rights of immigrant minors in civil lawsuits.

The message is unequivocal: We are not "aliens" to this state. We are residents of California.
    Jose Antonio Vargas is the founder/editor of #EmergingUS, a new venture with The Times, and the founder of Define American, a media and culture organization.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...813-story.html

"Mendoza, a first-generation American and the son of Mexican migrant workers".

This says it all, unfortunately.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Poor baby. Jose Antonia Vargas thought he was finally going to get legalized under Obama, but then his dream got yanked out from under him when the courts halted Obama's DACA extension!

JOSE VARGAS TO BENEFIT FROM OBAMA’S IMMIGRATION RELIEF ORDER

WASHINGTONThe most visible undocumented Filipino in America may soon have temporary legal status and a work permit.

Pulitzer Prize-winning Filipino journalist Jose Antonio Vargas is one of the five million undocumented immigrants who will directly benefit from President Barack Obama’s executive action laid out on Thursday night.

Obama’s administrative relief will allow qualified undocumented immigrants the chance to stay temporarily in the US for three years, provided they pass background checks and pay back taxes.

“This is not amnesty. It’s only temporary. It doesn’t provide a green card. It doesn’t provide citizenship. It doesn’t provide healthcare. It doesn’t provide anything really, except free from deportation, a work permit, people can drive, people can travel hopefully and again not to live in fear,” Vargas of Define American said.

Vargas, who didn’t make the cut to Obama’s initial Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) program because he was over the 30-year-old age limit, is now eligible under this new expanded program.

The Department of Homeland Security is expanding DACA so that people like Vargas – people were brought into the US as children – can apply if they entered before Jan. 1, 2010, regardless of how old they are today.

DACA relief is good for three years.

Vargas said he looks forward to see his mother whom he hasn’t seen in 21 years.

“I fantasize about getting into a plane and go to the Philippines and thinking like what would happen. I don’t even know what would happen to me,” he said.

Vargas joined civil rights leaders such as Reverend Al Sharpton in Washington DC on Thursday afternoon to welcome President Obama’s executive action on immigration hours before the president’s primetime speech.

“Today is a day of victory for the American people,” said Rev. Sharpton. “I’ve said to them on the other side of this equation – pass a bill. But while you are deliberating, the president is acting, and activists are with the president.

Meantime, Consul General Mario De Leon said the Philippine Consulate in New York is planning to host a town hall meeting to educate the Filipino community on the president’s action.

“We want to know how is the procedure, and at the same time, how long does it takes, and who are eligible,” said De Leon. “So in other words, we have to answer a lot of questions first, and if they fall into that, then we could provide guidelines from there.

Obama said that this is only a temporary fix. It’s still up to Congress to pass legislation that would provide long term solutions to fix the broken US immigration system.

“If this doesn’t jumpstart legislations in immigration, I don’t know what will,” Vargas said.

http://www.balitangamerica.tv/jose-a...cutive-action/

All I can say is GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!

Thank you Texas!! You stopped this crap dead in its tracks. We will never forget.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast