Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SecureTheBorder
    Huckster has a terrible record when it comes to illegal immigration. Here's just one of many examples:

Guess what he called Arkansas state legislators who were crafting a bill that would have denied public benefits to illegal aliens?

"Racist" and "Un-Christian".
    Exactly in in two statements he himself violates scripture. I can buy an ordinance off the Internet for crying out loud. LOL

I appreciate it xyz.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    It is more important to judge a person on his past, which is a fairly good predictor of future behavior, especially when he doesn't acknowledge it or say he was wrong. During the Tyson raids, Hucklebee said the feds had no right to come into "his state" to arrest employees. He should have been demanding that they arrest the employers as well.

Twice during the debates he mentioned his divinity degree, which he does not have. If you would lie about that . . .

This is indicative of a serious character flaw, and I'm surprised that little falsehood didn't receive more media attention. Oh, I forgot.....we were experiencing a "Huckabee's dark side" blackout during that time.

Justonhero, I lived in Arkansas for the years he served as governor, and I would post some links for you but it looks like people here have it pretty well covered. If you have more questions, I'll try to help. Huckabee did win Arkansas by a large margin last week, which can primarily be attributed to the largely rural, Bible-belt nature of the state, and somewhat to the home state advantage most candidates enjoy, whatever their prior standing. I know a sizable number of evangelicals in my area(Little Rock), none of whom voted for him. Their votes went to Paul and Romney. These are people who actually paid attention during his tenure, and weren't going to reward him distorting his record in the debates and on the campaign stump. Other than his glibness, the Huckabee we see in this race isn't the Huckabee we know. None of us buy his about face on the illegal immigration issue. The devil is in the details, or lack thereof in his case.

I agree we don't want Huckaby to be the nominee but what if he got enough of the remaining delegates to force a brokered convention? At that point Ron Paul or Romney might be nominated. I am not saying doing it to support Huckaby, do it because it would be our only chance to stop McCain, and if Huckaby gets it he is no worse than McCain anyway.

At least we do everything we can instead of lying down and accepting another four more years of "stealth amnesty".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

xyz
    I consider Huckabee..
    Tancredo, Paul, Hunter, Huckabee have several Yes points
    1) Supreme Court Judges
    2) I can trust these candidates to understand fundamental questions of Constitutional Law on abortion, guns, individual freedoms..
    Romney..I am not certain..He is hierarchal rather than individual freedom..Romney..and most Americans now ascribe to Rights Apportioned by Position rather than Certain Inalienable Rights

Huckabee has several NO points not shared by Tancredo, Paul, Hunter
    1) Economy..Huckabee's tax plan is not a good one. Tancredo and Hunter were very good at fundamental economics..nuts and bolts..Paul is too theoretical and Romney is ..too...bloombergish..
    2) Basic governmental role in education, health, transportation..Huckabee was a poor governor in Arkansas concerning these issues..Tancredo is the most realistic...telling an American Student whose parents are struggling with college tuition and who cannot afford gasoline in his car for his date on Friday night..that we can't afford to go to Mars..That is too much reality for Americans who believe they are living what they see on TV. The rest of the candidates get a C grade on these issues
    3) War..Again ..Tancredo Paul, Romney and Hunter had a solid answer to questions posed..but Americans do not want reality..they want PC even if it kills them..and it probably will..Huckabee waffles or hasn't been entirely clear
    4) Immigration..Huckabee has a very poor record..and whether as Tancredo said..He experienced a conversion on the road to Des Moines..is a bit hard to believe..I don't trust him
    These are my "talking points" for Huckabee
    I would vote for him if the choice is Obama/Clinton...but it would definitely be with the intention of holding him to his promises to Gilcrist, Sessions and NumbersUSA.
    McCain is the big NO..I would write in Tancredo and vote for every good candidate on the ballot..I will not vote for Hillary/Obama/McCain

Again you are missing the point. Vote for Huckaby in the south not because you like him, but to force a brokered convention, it is out only chance to derail McCain.

Or does everyone here want McCain to be the nominee?

I figured I would get hammered on this post but someone tell me any of the front runners that would be better than Huckabee at this point ?

And FYI I am a new poster but not new to reading these forums. In my opinion, we do not have a lot of options and Huckabee is at least saying what I want to hear. Keep in mind he is definitely not my first choice by any means but he beats McCain and the dems on what is the most important issue to me in this presidential election. That would be illegal immigration and a free path to citizenship for at least 20 million border crashers.

So, what I am hearing here is that the responders to this post would rather have McCain, Hillary or Obama as President ?
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    I agree we don't want Huckaby to be the nominee but what if he got enough of the remaining delegates to force a brokered convention? At that point Ron Paul or Romney might be nominated. I am not saying doing it to support Huckaby, do it because it would be our only chance to stop McCain, and if Huckaby gets it he is no worse than McCain anyway.

At least we do everything we can instead of lying down and accepting another four more years of "stealth amnesty".
    The only problem I see is that it's going to be hard to keep McCain from getting the required delegates. I just can't see a scenario that will preclude that. I heard some pundit say that he thought Huckabee wanted to stay in the race to surpass Romney's delegate count so he could say he placed 2nd, and had established himself as the preeminent Republican conservative candidate of the future.

xyz
    No..
    I am not missing the point..
    Huckabee has two good points..

Supreme Court Judges and Constitutional Rights (certain inalienable rather than apportioned by position)

McCain/Clinton/Obama have No Points..
    So yes...now Huckabee is the candidate of choice..given the choices

(Paul is the better candidate but he is too far behind..I would vote for Paul if he were the nominee through a brokered convention)

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    The only problem I see is that it's going to be hard to keep McCain from getting the required delegates. I just can't see a scenario that will preclude that.
    McCain needs another 477 delegates out of the remaining 1200 to be the nominee. What if Paul gets 400 of them and Huckabee gets 400 of them? That leaves McCain with only 400 and we go to a brokered convention. If you look at the primaries to date, it is easily possible because McCain only got over 50% in two states. He won all those other states with less than 50% of the vote because the conservative vote was split. Now with Romney suspended it will no longer be split, Huckabee or Paul will be able to beat McCain in many states.

xyz
    Bowman is right..
    The Romney vote will go to Paul or Huckabee..74% in Kansas..so Paul and Huckabee will pick up delegates and McCain will not..
    Huckabee might easily catch McCain now and in the end..Romney's delegates will go to Huckabee..not McCain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast