Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

kev

Why is the public offended that your opposed to I.M.

When the topic of stopping illegal immigration (I.M.) comes up on some local (local to my home) discussion boards, some people get really angry. So far on one discussion board I have been called "racist", "white supremacist", some people even stating that I am from the ayran nation, all just because I want illegal immigration stopped. All of these statements are false, I believe in none of these accusations; but some people seem to think that if your opposed to illegal immigration, then your opposed to legal immigration. I just dont understand why people can not see the difference between the two?? I also think some people that are opposed to illegal immigration, will not step forward just BECAUSE they do not want to be called names or have to defend their opinion & position.

Ya.....been called everything but a law abiding citizen. Unfortunatly, name calling and such are the best they can come up with. You just ignor and go on. You know in your heart what the truth is so just consider the source.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They probably have or know someone who has an Illegal in their family or are dating an Illegal and get angry with you, its just another way of expressing guilt, don't get offended......

Re: Why is the public offended that your opposed to I.M.

Quote Originally Posted by kev
    I also think some people that are opposed to illegal immigration, will not step forward just BECAUSE they do not want to be called names or have to defend their opinion & position.
    I just had this conversation with someone about five minutes ago. I am the only one in my community who is really outspoken about the issue. People ARE afraid. I am outnumbered here. Probably why I spend so much time on this site. Anyway, stick to your guns. You are right. I got kicked off a local discussion forum too. Don't worry about it.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Them's control words designed to make you SIT like a good dogie as you watch your schools, hospitals, jobs, and streets go to hell in a hand-basket around you.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am outnumbered here. Probably why I spend so much time on this site.
    Same here. And it's the same story here. Fear, especially if they have kids in school. I put an American flag on my car and my husband won't even go anywhere with me for fear of what might happen. I've seen quite a few more on cars lately so maybe I'm not alone at all.

This quote(the 1st sentence) from Edgar J. Steele has always stuck with me from the moment I first read it, it makes a great sig line too

None are more intolerant than those who preach tolerance. For the rest of us, of course, tolerance is a nonissue, as it should be for all.*And the purveyors of tolerance are among the more admired members of society, too, like those beauty queens who get by without trying.
    The American Conservative

Bail out families, not usurers and speculators.

Maybe we should get each other to back up our opinions with posts on the boards where we are getting blasted.

If five or six of us post supporting data without getting ugly, and cite our own experiences, maybe others who have been afraid to disagree will speak up. I think a lot of people sit back and watch on forums and boards and are dying to speak up - but they are intimidated.

This might also educate a forum full of unaffected people about what happens when it is you neighborhood, your hospitals, your taxes, your children's schools.

I just got blasted on the Charlie Rose Forum, which I believe is mostly very educated upper class folk far removed from this problem. Maybe we could show them what the rest of the people are dealing with.

Pictures would be great.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Anyone gets in a firefight out there, do not be afraid to call for the ALIPAC Calvary!

Just post a description of the board and the situation and link us in.

We got your back!

W

With all the info on this site, and some of the members that are on here that walk around like a living knowledge base, I'd hate to be on th eother side of a debate on this with any of you. Thankfully we're on the same team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast