Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

Why Republican Voters are Warming to Donald Trump for 2012

Why Republican Voters are Warming to Donald Trump for 2012

'The Donald' has a 52 percent favorable rating among Republicans, a new poll shows. Because Donald Trump acts like the boss, voters may be inclined to think of him that way.
    By Peter Grier, Staff writer / April 8, 2011

Developer/reality show star Donald Trump appears to be pretty popular with Republican voters right now, in case you haven’t heard. He tied for second with Mike Huckabee, behind Mitt Romney, in a recent Wall Street Journal/NBC poll that measured the presidential nomination preferences of GOP voters. And he’s got a 52 percent favorable rating among Republicans in a just-released Gallup survey.

Why is he doing so well among adherents of the GOP? Perhaps because he’s running as if he were already the party’s boss, as opposed to the other candidates, who may seem like applicants for the job, comparatively speaking.

Mr. Trump’s CEO-like forcefulness has been on full display in his recent spate of television interviews. What do we do in Iraq? Stay and keep the oil! How do we handle China’s rise? Slap a 25 percent tariff on Chinese goods! Was President Obama born in America? There’s no proof – and I’m sending investigators to Hawaii to check into the story!
    “It’s all about leadership. You have to be able to make deals,â€

like I said all of American is not backing down we are going to fight
    to get our country Back & we will win
    so all of the illegal Immigrant start to pack & go home
    no more free Bee on any thing .
    No amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think Trump would run a great campaign and be a very good President, because at this point, I believe he would put America first and Americans foremost, the way it's supposed to be.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy

I think Trump would run a great campaign and be a very good President, because at this point, I believe he would put America first and Americans foremost, the way it's supposed to be.
    Yeah, he could just say to a lot of pork eatin' bureaucrats "You're fired!"
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy

Yeah, he could just say to a lot of pork eatin' bureaucrats "You're fired!"
    More like he's going to tell us what we want to hear. For a real picture of Trump, look at his social friends and people he has supported in the past.

A history of the man is what you need to luck at, not what he promises. We've heard all the promises before (at one time or another). His friends, those he supports, and his prior history will tell you more about him than his promises will.

working4change
    Poll Surprise Finds Trump No. 2 Among Republicans

04-0 04:00 PDT Los Angeles --

Donald Trump, the man whom no pundit took seriously as a presidential candidate, is sitting comfortably in second place, on the shoulder of the leader, in the race for the Republican presidential nomination, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll shows.

Trump is tied at 17 percent with former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and just behind former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney at 21 percent among Republican primary voters, according to the poll published Thursday. The survey has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points for the full sample.

The rise of Trump, a television personality, wealthy businessman, developer and owner of beauty pageants, is a testament to the power of media publicity and his pugnacious personality as well as to the weakness of the Republican field of at least a dozen possible presidential aspirants.

Most polls show about four serious contenders, including Romney, Huckabee, former Speaker Newt Gingrich and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, though none has been able to break away. Trump had been nestled in the second tier.

But that was before he went on the media offensive, relaunching questions about whether President Obama was born in Hawaii or outside the United States, making him constitutionally ineligible to be president.

Most people, including Republicans, agree that Obama has proved he was born in Hawaii by releasing birth documents. But that has not stopped the issue from having traction, particularly among more conservative Republicans.

"I am saying I want to see the birth certificate," Trump said Thursday in an interview with Meredith Vieira on the "Today" show. He went on to sound the same themes he has in recent weeks from almost all available cable shows and television networks.

"It's very simple," Trump said. "I want to see the birth certificate. How come his own family doesn't know which hospital he was born in?"

Trump said he has sent investigators to Hawaii to search for more information. "They cannot believe what they're finding," he told Vieira. "And I'm serious."

Trump may be serious, but a Gallup poll Thursday showed that Americans had mixed opinions about him as a presidential candidate. According to the poll, 43 percent said they had a favorable opinion and 47 percent had an unfavorable one.

The WSJ/NBC poll shows that Trump has risen to No. 1 with 20 percent among those who call themselves supporters of the Tea Party movement. Romney is at 17 percent and Palin is at 12 percent, thanks to her core of supporters. Overall, Palin, the party's former vice presidential candidate, is supported by just 10 percent, a continuation of her slide in recent polls.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1IxbDOig0