With regards to jobs I wonder if those here think it is worse for a business to employ an illegal alien here who takes a job away from an American or is it worse for people to purchase foreign made, particularly chinese or mexican products that take American jobs away?

Hershey moved the manufacture of its minatures to mexico. GM just built a plant in mexico with the help of bailout money. It seems like everything in Wal-Mart is made in China.

Even so Wal-Mart remains the worlds largest retailer, GM vehicles clog the roads and Hershey chocolate is not suffering a boycott either.

Amazingly, to me, it seems on average the people most effected by illegal immigration are the ones driving GM vehicles to Wal-Mart to buy Hershey chocolate. Hard to feel sorry for them when they lose their job because they don't seem to care when others lose their job as a result of their consumption.

When does the dog stop eating the dog? How can we effect this trend where we are all sucked hopelessly into consuming against our own self interest?

Is it possible to re-open those textile mills in South Carolina and furniture factories in North Carolina? Can you make do with 2 t-shirts instead of 3 cheaper ones? Will YOU pay $50 more for a chair if it means you will not be taxed $51 more in order to provide government benefits when someone gets back to work?

And if I wanted to purchase fruit picked by foreigners I can just buy it from Chile, New Zealand etc.