Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Why We Must Fight the Misleading Language of Immigration

Why We Must Fight the Misleading Language of Immigration
    Mike Cutler

Family Security Matters

The term "illegal alien" had been universally used by INS employees until the presidency of Jimmy Carter. It was Carter's appointee for Commissioner of the old INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service), Lionel Castillo, who mandated that the term “illegal alienâ€

Re: Why We Must Fight the Misleading Language of Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Virtually every other country on the face of this planet uses similar language. In fact, Mexico refers to non-citizens present in their country as, simply, "foreigners."
    When I go to China they call me "wah lai"(sp) which translates to "foreigner".

If I was crazy enough to overstay my visa I would be an illegal foreigner. I say crazy because China strictly enforces their immigration laws, to the point where a guy in a green army uniform with red star on his hat interviews you when you LEAVE China! They want to know what you did while in China, and I guess make sure you are not smuggling out pieces of the Great Wall!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My Brazilian friend INSISTS that ILLEGAL aliens ARE just that! She says that efforts by the illegals and their supporters to designate the term "illegal alien" as a HATE crime are not only DISHONEST but also UNREALISTIC because "illegal alien" EXACTLY describes these OUTLAW OUTSIDERS! As my friend puts it, they are ILLICIT FOREIGNERS!