Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why won't Democrat Candidates Discuss Immigration?

I keep watching and I have yet to see any of the Democrat Candidates discuss illegal immigration. I cannot understand why they are not being asked any of the questions being asked of the Republican Candidates. It's like they are running for president of two different countries with different issues.

I heard Obama and Edwards talking about listening and involving the people and yet they don't seem to listen to us when we say immigration is an important issue to us. They continue to ignore the issue like it will go away. And why won't any of the host of these debates ask them their position on Immigration Reform?

ditto

Banned
    That and...

If all the Republicans can say it takes work from both sides and both side working together and we and both side must agree to enforce and so on.

Why can’t the Democrats say that?
    Why can’t the Democrats say anything? About enforcing the letter of the law, or other wise ?

The media will not ask democrat candidates any tough question and if you notice they try to punch Republican candidates to argue, the media will continue to soft pedal with Hillary, just an opinion but the media are part of the elitist corporation crowd who want a rich/poor America.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

I was thoroughly disgusted having watched both the Republican and Democrat debates last night but only the Republicans were asked about illegal immigration. Don't all of the candidates regardless of party affiliation expect to be asked questions about all of the issues in this country? I mean come on, illegal immigration is among the top three concerns on American's minds today. I didn't know who was responsible for this oversight, the panel moderator or the candidates themselves. Don't they know by sidestepping this issue that are only pissing off more Americans and are less likely to vote for a Dem then for the presidency? We want honest answers about this issue from all candidates. Avoiding the issue altogether is a slap in the face to Americans.

The liberal leaners who will vote for these losers all think we should give amnesty to the illegal aliens in this country, so they're not pushing the issue.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    I was thoroughly disgusted having watched both the Republican and Democrat debates last night but only the Republicans were asked about illegal immigration. Don't all of the candidates regardless of party affiliation expect to be asked questions about all of the issues in this country? I mean come on, illegal immigration is among the top three concerns on American's minds today. I didn't know who was responsible for this oversight, the panel moderator or the candidates themselves. Don't they know by sidestepping this issue that are only pissing off more Americans and are less likely to vote for a Dem then for the presidency? We want honest answers about this issue from all candidates. Avoiding the issue altogether is a slap in the face to Americans.

PC is what every one is worried about when they get past that
    ill be happy!!!

MonterySherry,

Great post! I was thinking the same thing after I watched the NH debates-Democrat Presidential hopefuls get a free pass on discussing their positions on illegal immigration and only the Republicans are forced to vet their views on the issue, which allows them to be easily demonized as cruel and inhumane.

The media must start asking the Democrats their position on illegal immigration, because it's an issue that Democrats, Republicans and Independents cite as one of the top issues of our time. The MSM is protecting the Dems on this issue and that must stop! We need to know where every candidate stands on how to prevent illegal immigration and what to do about the 12-20 million illegals residing in the U.S. today.

Shame on the media for this blantant partisanship! What good does it do us as a country to have freedom of the press if the press protects one party and villifies the other?
    <div>"The making of an American begins at the point where he himself rejects all other ties, any other history, and himself adopts the vesture of his adopted land."**
    -James Baldwin, American Writer</div>