Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WI: Mexican consulate should not have had city's support on

Posted July 28, 2007

Letters: Mexican consulate should not have had city's support on visit

I'm writing about the Mexican consulate conducting official business at the Appleton Public Library.

I called Mayor Hanna's office on July 20 to find out who authorized this. I was forwarded to Library Director Terry Dawson. He told me he received a request from the mayor's office for the Mexican consulate to use the library.

Mr. Dawson explained that it's "the policy of the library to allow various groups access to the public meeting rooms."

The Mexican consulate also gives legal advice to illegal aliens and issues them the matricula consular card. Mexican citizens legally in the United States don't need the matricula consular card because they have other documents they can use for identification (passport or green card). The Post-Crescent stated on Thursday that 150 matricula consular cards were issued with expected "larger crowds by the weekend."

According to the FBI, matricula consular cards are used almost exclusively by illegal aliens.

Our tax dollars should not be used to support the efforts of a foreign government to subvert our federal immigration laws.

I called various aldermen, including Ald. Walter Kalata. He told me he first heard of this issue when he read about it in The Post-Crescent.

Mayor Hanna's office and the library board approved this without input from the public or our elected officials. They were fully aware of the contentiousness of this issue, since the Green Bay Common Council enacted new ordinances making it difficult for illegal aliens to reside there. Because of these new ordinances, the mobile Mexican consulate felt "unwelcome" in Green Bay and decided to move its circus to Appleton.

Evidently, Mayor Hanna doesn't mind spending our tax dollars to help illegal aliens defy federal law and allow them to stay in our city and our country. Will Appleton be the next "sanctuary" city?

Perry Bovee, Appleton

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.d ... 80605/1036
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

How many of them checked out U.S history books?