Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by April
    Go ahead and turn the lights off......if good did not prevail over and over throughout history the human race would have been wiped out years ago, so catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.
    Eventually prevailing is one thing. If you don't think that the day could again come that there are roundups and massacres, you're kidding yourself. By all means, hold to your faith, but remember that there is a reason that Christ told us to be gentle as doves but wise as serpents. There is also a reason that he told the disciples in Gethsemane to buy swords to defend themselves.

Point well taken.

In San Bernardino County one small orange farming town(Redlands, Ca) was sued for having a cross on the city logo, which was established in the 1800`s. Businesses (and Churches) were sued for displaying some type of christian emblem in public view.
    They can eliminate all they want, but a true christian with faith will not alter.
    ------------------------

There are some folks in San Diego who still want to take down the cross at the Mt. Soledad war memorial.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Neese, it sure seems like we are in a death spiral that has accelerated since GW Bush took office.
    It's true Kate. But in all honesty even though Bush frustrates the heck out of me on the border and NAU issue; and I think he needs to be dealt with on this. I can't say it's all attributable to him. It was going on long before him. I really think the bigger factor is that WE finally woke up and really paid attention. 9/11/2001 thrust all these issues into the spotlight, whereas before they were there, but not really SEEN or talked about. No one really had a sense of the scope of the problem.

They say every cloud has a silver lining. Hopefully we've woken in time to save our country as we know it, and that will be our silver lining. At least I'm praying so!

Re: Will Christmas Be Crucified Again ?

Quote Originally Posted by UB
    Will Christmas Be
    Crucified Again?
    By Henry Makow Ph.D.
    12-9-6

"DIVERSITY"

In a truly pluralistic society, all major religions would be officially recognized. This is especially true of Christianity, the founding heritage practiced by 80% of Americans.
    ]

THERE ARE 11 MILLION CHRISTIANS THAT DO NOT CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS.
    CHRISTMAS IS A CHRISTIAN TRADITION AND SHOULD NOT BE COMPROMISED TO SATISFY ANY OTHER RELIGION. OTHO, I DO NOT CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS AS A CHRISTIAN HOLIDAY, THE DISPLAY OF CHRISTMAS DO NOT OFFEND ME OR THREATEN MY BELIEFS. IF I WAS OFFENDED BY OTHER RELIGIOUS DISPLAY, I WOULD SPEND MY LIFE BEING OFFENDED. MY BELIEFS ARE IN MY HEART AND NOTHING CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME.

April
    [Eventually prevailing is one thing. If you don't think that the day could again come that there are roundups and massacres, you're kidding yourself. By all means, hold to your faith, but remember that there is a reason that Christ told us to be gentle as doves but wise as serpents. There is also a reason that he told the disciples in Gethsemane to buy swords to defend themselves.]
    I do understand the need to be ready to defend. I have always taken great comfort in Psalms 37: 1-40. It has always come through for me in times of adversity, so that is why I seem to have no fear of the evil. I have seen evil defeated many times in my own life. Faith is definitely the most important element of my armour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12