Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Will Desperate Conservatives Turn to Ron Paul?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Jim Roberts
    Feb 2, 2008

The race may be over. John McCain could be poised to represent the Republican Party in the presidential race this election season as they try to retain the White House and it might be as soon as Super Tuesday if he grabs a big win in a bunch of states. This has conservatives in a tizzy. Perhaps they should have turned to Ron Paul and given him a chance.

He was considered a dark horse candidate early in the race but Paul has been able to raise money with his Internet power and has remained loyal to what he believes are conservative values. So why didn't he get any help from mainstream conservatives? There are many reasons including his stance on Iraq but they may have wished they had now at least checked out Dr. Paul as it looks like Johnny Mac is back and ready to represent the party.

Rush Limbaugh is fully freaked out and is using his daily three-hour radio show to rip on McCain. Ann Coulter is so concerned she says she will campaign for Hillary Clinton if McCain gets the nomination. I've noticed now that some conservatives are getting a bit more curious about Ron Paul but I don't know how many would actually make the move to back him with some support.

Accuracy in Media's Cliff Kincaid notes in a very detailed article here that it is likely unfair the way the media shuts out candidates like Paul and they never really have a shot to make a splash and get their message out to the mainstream voter because of a built in bias that opposes long shots like Dr. Paul.

Unless Mitt Romney rallies big, conservatives will soon run out of options and will either have to support McCain, despite his obvious shortcomings, or sit this one out. I wonder if any regret not looking at Paul and jumping on his bandwagon. He had the money, he just never had any real media time.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/pu ... 8646.shtml

Banned
    I think most hard conservatives have been very clear in the
    fact that if McCain gets the nom , they will either do a
    write in or not vote period

Of course the powers that be know this and
    are setting up McCain for a fall to Hillary