Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Will the Dubai Port Situation Effect Guest Worker Program

I believe many of US have probably wondered about this. Yesterday, the Republican Senators stood by their constituents because they knew the American people might very well fire them from their jobs if they didn't.

Will they now feel obliged to make up to their boss with hugs, kisses, and a guest worker program to make up for their actions yesterday ? Do you guys think they can stand strong and do it again ?

What do you guys think ? They're going to get A LOT of pressure from their boss. I HOPE THEY WILL DO IT !!

It is very obvious, El Presidente is determined, and now after this, you can only imagine how he will try to "get what he wants".

ALSO, they must tell him that they WILL NOT ACCEPT President Bush's claim that he won't enforce immigration laws without a guest worker program. We have to let them know that if they "permit" this kind of negligence from President Bush, that they should start making up their resumes, because they're going to need them
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They need to let President Bush know that he will either have to do things right, or go down by himself. If he had a decent advisor, he'd see now, that he is not the only American who counts around here.

Unfortunately, I predict he will choose to go to the school of hard knocks and learn his lesson after it's too late and EVERYONE in the USA (except illegal aliens) are so fed up with him that the UAE will be right and he won't really be in charge anymore.

Perhaps his speeches should ONLY be aired on Spanish television, and the rest of the channels will continue with "regular broadcasting" because that's HOW fed up the people will be.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There are two things....Dubai has another bid on plants that make parts for our tanks, and this illegal guest worker crap.

They will feel they have to allow one or the other. They are so afraid of foreigners feeling ill towards them, they make me sick.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

The US Chamber didn't have al ot invested in the Ports Deal, so didn't apply any pressure to the Senators over it.

The illegal situation is the opposite, the Chamber says their goal for the year is to get guest workers, in other words to legalize the ripping off of Americans they have been doing illegally all these years!

Do you guys think I'm "too easy" on the Wackident ? Do you think I need to talk tougher ?!!

Or am I at the right level ?

Yesterday, the Republican Senators stood by their constituents because they knew the American people might very well fire them from their jobs if they didn't.
    I hate to be cynical but I think yesterday's posturing was just a stall tactic. I think they were blind-sided by Dubai and they are all probably scrambling around today selling off stocks. After all, hadn't the 45 days just begun?

I thought they were enjoying a lot of free air time, posturing in front of the cameras a mere 8 months before election time. I heard one of them say that they'd never come under so much pressure from the citizens before. I don't believe that...I really don't. I think they're under more pressure from the citizens re illegal immigration than they've ever faced. I think they don't want to admit it.

If they could recognize that the ports are a security issue surely they can recognize that the border is ten times more important than the ports.

I believe if we keep their feet to the fire with phone calls and emails and faxes that the ports deal won't cost us that much. It may even bring us closer to our goal as while they brought that to the attention of thousands of 'asleep' citizens...those same citizens would become aware of the risks we face at the border. I bless Lou's continal pounding on that border issue...some of the other MSM have begun to follow suit.

The politicians also realize that if Nancy Pelosi comes back after the election that Bush will definitely be impeached. I will salute that even tho I voted for him.

They're really in a pickle since ol' Georgie is so far removed from the citizens and what they want. The polls show that 94% of Republican and 86% of Democratic voters want the border closed and illegals deported. It isn't that they DON"T KNOW...they do. Let's see who can put them under the MOST pressure...the citizens that they have to face...or the president who will soon be leaving.

It's time to take the gloves off...stop with polite emails and tell 'em WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

I heard one of them say that they'd never come under so much pressure from the citizens before.

If that's the case, we need to pour it on even more. I had worried that I've complained so much, to so many representatives, that my words wouldn't carry anymore weight. Now, I think we need to hit them with a constant barrage of calls, faxes and emails.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

They're really in a pickle since ol' Georgie is so far removed from the citizens and what they want. The polls show that 94% of Republican and 86% of Democratic voters want the border closed and illegals deported.
    RR, is there a link to this somewhere so we can reference it in our complaints? Those are STAGGERING numbers.

I had worried that I've complained so much, to so many representatives, that my words wouldn't carry anymore weight.
    WavTek, I have had that same thought occur to me now that even the congressman who faithfully answered all the letters has stopped trying to keep up with the barrage. The Senators I have are pretty capricious but one sometimes answers, or sort of answers, about stuff that has nothing whatsoever to do with what I wrote her about (Hutchison). The other one has never answered anything that I can recall. (Cornyn)

I'd say that it is definitely time to turn up the heat. March 27 is the day they are supposed to vote on HR 4437. That is the day that will tell the story. Will they chicken out and set it aside? Will they vote it down? Will they make so many amendments it will be totally useless? Or will they pass Scepter's amnesty bill instead?

JJ, I too get letters from Hutchison that proves a disconnect..not paying any attention to what I wrote about ....but Cornyn has sent back some thoughts on things I've cornered him about.

If they pass Scepters bill God help us all. The Americans that are chronically out of work will see no hope..no light at the end of the tunnel...I would expect some serious rioting in some of the larger cities.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast